Play Book Tag discussion

The House Girl
This topic is about The House Girl
March 2019: Debut > The House Girl by Tara Conklin 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather (11999041-heather_c) | 66 comments I was hooked from the very beginning of this story. It's a story that begins in Virginia in 1852 and is told from the point of view of a house slave, Josephine and alternates between this tale and that of Lina in New York City, 2004. Lina is a lawyer who is given the task of finding a face for her law firm's slavery reparations case. The House Girl contains two mysteries. One - whatever happened to Josephine and is there a modern day descendant of hers to be the face of Lina's case? and Two - what really happened to Lina's mother? This is a secondary storyline tied to the first through the art world. A very enjoyable read.

LibraryCin | 8645 comments Oh, I've had this on my tbr for a long time. For some reason, I just never seem to finally pick it up!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen good reviews for this book. Sounds like a good story.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments I have not read this one but just realized it is by the same author as The Last Romantics, which is a new release I am really looking forward to!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole R wrote: "I have not read this one but just realized it is by the same author as The Last Romantics, which is a new release I am really looking forward to!"

Nicole, I didn't realize that! I actually have that book sitting on my desk to read this month.

Heather (11999041-heather_c) | 66 comments Thanks, Nicole! I’ve got her new book on my TBR list now. Looking forward to it as well!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8873 comments Very excited about the last romantics. It’s extremely high on my short of my shortlist.