Aussie Readers discussion

The Daughter's Tale
This topic is about The Daughter's Tale
Archives > S&S Australia ARC April Giveaways - closes 30th April!

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon & Schuster Australia (simonschusteraustralia) | 29 comments We have two fantastic new giveaways for you this month, let us know what you think!

First is The Daughter's Tale by the brilliant Armando Lucas Correa. Based on the true story of the Nazi massacre of a French village in 1944, this is an unforgettable tale of love and redemption from the bestselling author of The German Girl. In 2015, eighty-year-old Elisa Duval’s world is changed forever after a woman arrives with letters written to Elise from her mother in German during the war, unravelling more than seven decades of secrets. In 1939, bookstore owner and recent widow Amanda Sternberg is fleeing Nazi Germany with her two young daughters, heading towards unoccupied France. She arrives in Haute-Vienne with only one of her girls. Their freedom is short-lived and soon they are taken to a labour camp. Inspired by one of the most shocking atrocities perpetrated by the Nazis during World War II, the 1944 massacre of all the inhabitants of the village of Oradour-Sur-Glane in the south of France, The Daughter's Tale is a beautifully crafted family saga of love, survival and hope against all odds.

Second we have the wonderful While You Were Reading by Ali Berg & Michelle Kalus, a hilarious, insightful love story for book lovers that celebrates much more than romance. Meet Beatrix Babbage – 29-year-old dog-earer of books and accidental destroyer of weddings. After ruining her best friend's nuptials, Bea relocates to the other side of the country in search of a fresh start, including meeting new people and living life to the fullest. But after a few months, life is more stagnant than ever. Bea’s job is dead-end. Her romantic life? Non-existent. And her only friends are her books, her barista and her cleaning lady. Then Bea stumbles across a second-hand novel, inscribed with notes. Besotted with the poetic inscriptions, Bea is determined to find the author ... and finds herself entangled in one hell of a love quadrangle. Funny, poignant and insightful, While You Were Reading reveals that there’s no such thing as perfection, the value of true friendship and, most importantly, the power of not living in fiction, but still reading it … Often.

And third we have Hunting Evil, the chilling new novel from Chris Carter, the Sunday Times Number One bestselling author of The Caller and Gallery of the Dead.
'Every story one day comes to an end.' As roommates, they met for the first time in college. Two of the brightest minds ever to graduate from Stamford Psychology University. As adversaries, they met again in Quantico, Virginia. Robert Hunter had become the head of the LAPD’s Ultra Violent Crimes Unit. Lucien Folter had become the most prolific and dangerous serial killer the FBI had ever encountered. Now, after spending three and a half years locked in solitary confinement, Lucien has finally managed to break free. And he’s angry. As ever, Carter’s background in criminal psychology is at the centre of his novel, which is all the more addictive and terrifying for it!

You can learn more about both books and request them here:
https://www.simonandschuster.com.au/c...

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1562 comments They all sound great, but especially the Chris Carter thriller!

message 3: by Em__Jay (new) - added it

Em__Jay | 242 comments I recently read The Book Ninja by Berg & Kalus! Good to see there's another book on the way.

These all sound good.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 68323 comments Mod
Thanks once again S&S :)

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3087 comments These seem great! Thank you S&S!

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Poole | 9 comments Great giveaway😊

lola.and.puki (lolaandpuki) | 9 comments Great giveaway, thanks S&S

message 8: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 7982 comments Thanks again S&S

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7773 comments Thanks S&S for offering some great books again!
Hunting Evil sounds right up my street, especially since I enjoyed the previous two Robert Hunters.

message 10: by Ro (new) - added it

Ro (romanlovesbooks) | 4 comments Thanks S&S

message 11: by Donna (new)

Donna | 38 comments Thanks S&S. I have my fingers crossed for The Daughter's Tale. Wow! Now that is the kind of book I really like reading.

message 12: by Natty (new) - added it

Natty (booknerdnatty) | 326 comments Thanks S & S great selection of books, I have entered :)

message 13: by Sharon (last edited Apr 01, 2019 09:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sharon | 4393 comments Thanks for more great giveaways S &S. I like the sound of these books, so of course I’ll be entering :)

message 14: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 740 comments Fantastic books! Thanks S&S

message 15: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (readbetweenthewines) | 65 comments Coffee and Books.. what could be better - can't wait to read Ali Berg's next book. loved The Book Ninja

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo Rushby | 235 comments love to read the The Daughter's Tale.

Sarah | 42 comments Just got my copy of The Daughter's Tale in the mail - thank you so much S & S! And Goodreads for letting us know about it. Looking forward to reading it.

message 18: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy (sometimes_i_read_books) (sometimes_i_read_books) | 1 comments Brilliant giveaway, thank you!

message 19: by Judith (new)

Judith | 3 comments Thanks for the great book giveaway! I have entered 😁

Sharon | 4393 comments Thank you S&S. My copy arrived today :)

message 21: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 04, 2019 07:19PM) (new)

Suzanne | 3087 comments I received Hunting evil and While you were reading.

Thank you ever so much, S&S!

message 22: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 740 comments My books have arrived, thanks so much S&S :)