Psychological Thrillers discussion

April_ 2019 BOTM: The Lion’s Mouth by Brian Christopher Shea

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Shea | 39 comments I'm excited for the opportunity to discuss the book with you all! It's launch day for my 4th book in the series so I will be popping in and out.

I hope you enjoyed The Lion's Mouth. Looking forward to your thoughts.
All the best,
Brian

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 290 comments Hey there, Brian and everybody! Lion's Mouth was a greaaaat read!! You've been a very busy guy! I have a few questions and comments coming up in a while. I read the book on my smartfone, which is new. So now I have to figure out how to track down my notes and highlights.

I've opened my BOTM ancillary site, too. As usual, it's at http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

Cheers!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 290 comments So Mouse, in her attempt to escape Texas, is heading for Pigeon, Michigan, near the shore of Saginaw Bay. How in the world did you select Pigeon? And where did the character of Mouse come from?

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Shea | 39 comments Hi Jim, Great questions. First off, I picked the name Mouse because of my teenage daughter. When she was young I used to call her Moose. It was just a fun nickname and it stuck for a long time. She's now fifteen too and I thought it would be fun to build a character around her. I fictionalized her and modified the nickname.

I try to write places I've visited or know well. I have very close friends who live in Pigeon and we visit them annually. The house's description is based on that. I needed to get Mouse moving north. I needed to pick a destination that would make sense to a teen on the run.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian Shea | 39 comments Ruth, thank you so much! I absolutely loved creating that scene.

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Schmidt | 20 comments I can’t wait to get my copy! I’m ordering it from Amazon. Sounds like I will enjoy it!!

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian Shea | 39 comments Donna, The boxset (Kindle version) is on sale for $0.99 through tomorrow. You can get books 1-3 for that price. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you can save some money and get all three.

Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Nick-Lawrence-...

message 8: by Fatmann66 (new)

Fatmann66 | 3 comments Just finished! I liked the book, but I think I enjoyed the first of the series a little bit more than this one. I'll have to look up the 3rd and see how that one plays out.

I hope everyone is enjoying it!

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 290 comments * * * NEWSFLASH FROM BRIAN * * *
Did you know that The Camel’s Back won the 2018 Greenlight Screenplay Adaptation Award? The book is currently being converted to a screenplay as we speak. The second in the series, The Lion’s Mouth, is also under contract for conversion to screenplay format by an up and coming screenwriter.

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian Shea | 39 comments Sorry I've been out of communication the last week. I've been in contract negotiations for the series and other works. I've been picked up by a publisher and will have more details in the coming week. I'm excited by the prospect and I'm grateful for all your support throughout this journey.

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris | 443 comments You go Brian. I believe I have all 3 books.

message 12: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Sarmina (iwrite0530) | 279 comments Congratulations Brian!! I have all three books and and have loved them all!! 🙏🌹🍾🎉

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 290 comments Congrats! Publishers and Hollywood! Gadzooks!😨 Both can get pretty strange. Find a lawyer who knows the biz and cash those checks right away. Most important, just keep writing!

Cheers! JIM IN MT😎