Goodreads Ireland discussion

Quarterly Irish Read Nominations > Quarterly Irish Play Nominations - April to June 2019

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bookworm with Kids This is the nomination thread for the Quarterly Irish Play for April to June 2019. I will nominate three plays below. Please feel free to nominate other plays by Irish authors/playwrights. Unlike other nomination threads, every nomination will be put forward for the poll, there is no need for it to be seconded.
I will set up the poll after midnight GMT on Saturday 6th April.
That is:
New York: 7.00am
LA: 4.00am Sydney: 11.00pm, 7th April.

Bookworm with Kids The first play I am nominating is Tales of Ballycumber by Sebastian Barry.

"Daffodils are in bloom as dawn breaks over the foothills of Ballycumber, ushering in hope for a new day and stirring the ghosts of a past fraught with sorrow, anguish and emptiness..."

Bookworm with Kids The next play I am nominating is Moll by John Brendan Keane.
"Moll is John B. Keane's hilarious and highly successful comedy about life in an Irish country presbytery..."

Bookworm with Kids The third play I am nominating is The Playboy of the Western World by J.M. Synge.
Set in County Mayo during the early 1900s, Synge tells the story of Christy Mahon, a traveller escaping a mysterious past and claiming he killed his father.

message 5: by Lara (new)

Lara Maynard I second the nomination for Tales of Ballycumber by Sebastian Barry.