The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
This topic is about Stalking Jack the Ripper
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Read Discussions > Stalking Jack the Ripper (April 2019) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Apr 01, 2019 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
This is the thread for Stalking Jack the Ripper!

This thread is open for discussion beginning April 1st! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed (mark as a spoiler) in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group.

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 4/1
April 1: Chapter 1
April 2: Chapter 2
April 3: Chapter 3
April 4: Chapter 4
April 5: Chapter 5
April 6: Chapter 6
April 7: Chapter 7

Week of 4/8
April 8: Chapter 8
April 9: Chapter 9
April 10: Chapter 10
April 11: Chapter 11
April 12: Chapter 12
April 13: Chapter 13
April 14: Chapter 14

Week of 4/15
April 15: Chapter 15
April 16: Chapter 16
April 17: Chapter 17
April 18: Chapter 18
April 19: Chapter 19
April 20: Chapter 20
April 21: Chapter 21

Week of 4/22
April 22: Chapter 22
April 23: Chapter 23
April 24: Chapter 24
April 25: Chapter 25
April 26: Chapter 26
April 27: Chapter 27
April 28: Chapter 28

Week of 4/29
April 29: Chapter 29
April 30: Chapter 30

Since there is only one chapter per day, you are welcome to read ahead, but please warn people if you do. Any extra days can be used to catch up with reading.

Comment to join the discussion and don't be shy to discuss with others!

message 2: by Aqsa (new) - added it

Aqsa (her_747) | 50 comments Will try to join this.

Maria (mariabizza) | 3 comments I'll try join in :)

Christine Wilson (clwglamou4u) | 8 comments I just got it, will try to catch up and join in. Do we discuss on this thread or different place? I’m still learning how to get around the site...

message 5: by Bopeep (new)

Bopeep Hallyn (bopip) | 855 comments Christine wrote: "I just got it, will try to catch up and join in. Do we discuss on this thread or different place? I’m still learning how to get around the site..."

I usually discuss it on the thread, and if you go ahead, you can use the spoiler tag.

message 6: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new) - added it

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "I just got it, will try to catch up and join in. Do we discuss on this thread or different place? I’m still learning how to get around the site..."

you can discuss and publish your thoughts here just make sure you add the spoiler tag (view spoiler)

spoiler tags are added by using: (view spoiler)
without the spaces after the word "spoiler"

i hope this makes sense :)

message 7: by Marilou (new)

Marilou Paru | 138 comments this one sounds really interesting, but I don't think I'll have time to read it this month. Waiting to read some opinions on it

Christine Wilson (clwglamou4u) | 8 comments This was different than I expected. The science and medical content were very graphic while scientific. Mystery, family intrigue, and romance all create a backdrop to the Jack the Ripper murders. The main character’s youthful search for knowledge daring to push the limits of propriety, and vivid life is opposite the victims she’s drawn to help. Her participation in cadaver research and crime sleuthing makes a good “who dun it” with many plot twists, and an enjoyable blending in of romance.

message 9: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new) - added it

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "This was different than I expected. The science and medical content were very graphic while scientific. Mystery, family intrigue, and romance all create a backdrop to the Jack the Ripper murders. T..."

that's nice to hear! I've been meaning to read this book for a long time but never found the right motivation and time.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.