The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
This topic is about Shatter Me
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Read Discussions > Shatter Me (April 2019) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Mar 31, 2019 02:23PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
This is the thread for Shatter Me!

This thread is open for discussion beginning April 1st! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed (mark as a spoiler) in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group.

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 4/1
April 1: Chapters 1-3
April 2: Chapters 4-6
April 3: Chapters 7-9
April 4: Chapters 10-12
April 5: Chapters 13-15
April 6: Chapters 16-18
April 7: Chapters 19-21

Week of 4/8
April 8: Chapters 22-23
April 9: Chapters 24-27
April 10: Chapters 28-30
April 11: Chapters 31-33
April 12: Chapters 34-37
April 13: Chapters 38-39
April 14: Chapters 40-42

Week of 4/15
April 15: Chapters 43-45
April 16: Chapters 46-48
April 17: Chapters 49-50 + Epilouge
April 18: Destroy Me Chapters Prolouge + 1-3
April 19: Chapters 4-6
April 20: Chapters 7-9
April 21: Chapters 10-12

Week of 4/22
April 22: Chapters 13-15
April 23: Chapters 16-18
April 24: Chapters 19-21
April 25: Chapters 22-23

Any extra days can be used to catch up with reading.

Comment to join the discussion and don't be shy to discuss with others!

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 63 comments I DNF'd this before because of the writing style but I'm going to give it another try! I'll be doing this alongside the OWL's so I'll have to check back in a little later then the schedule

anna (readerwritercheeseburglar) I finished this earlier this week in one sitting, this is the second time I’ve read it all the way through. The first time I attempted it, I also DNFd it. At the time, I didn’t appreciate the free flowing thought style of writing and the crossed out sections. I remember thinking and even asking if the whole dang book was in the asylum, because I didn’t think I could make it through if it was. Hahahaha!

Having read the whole series, I can really appreciate where Juliette starts here, and enjoyed it so much more this time through. Tahereh has a fantastical way of writing her way through what a character is feeling, emotionally and physically...I really learned to love it even though it felt odd at first. Can’t wait to read everyone’s thoughts!

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 63 comments anna t wrote: "I finished this earlier this week in one sitting, this is the second time I’ve read it all the way through. The first time I attempted it, I also DNFd it. At the time, I didn’t appreciate the free ..."

That's exactly what I didn't like! The style of writing, but im giving it another chance. Hopefully I enjoy the series as much as everyone I know who think very highly of it!

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) Seems to be an unpopular opinion around here, but I loved the writing style. I somehow really connected with it and Juliette's thoughts. I've read the original trilogy twice already. Hope you guys will like it!

message 6: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
DOWNLOAD FREE EBOOK: http://ebookhunter.ch/shatter-me-by-t...

message 7: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

how is everyone finding the book?

Marilou Paru | 138 comments I read this alot of time ago, think I got through 2 or 3 of them. While they were ok at the time it wasn't a series I was interested in enough to keep reading. I did think about reading the rest at some point but wasn't in a mood to reread the previous ones. I have gotten tired of alot of YA tropes, love triangles etz and this feels too full of those

message 9: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

i actually read this a while back as well and liked the first book but the second book seemed so different to me in terms of the world that the fandom lost me

message 10: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (last edited Apr 29, 2019 06:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♛Primadonna♛ wrote: "anna t wrote: "I finished this earlier this week in one sitting, this is the second time I’ve read it all the way through. The first time I attempted it, I also DNFd it. At the time, I didn’t appre..."

♛Primadonna♛ wrote: "I DNF'd this before because of the writing style but I'm going to give it another try! I'll be doing this alongside the OWL's so I'll have to check back in a little later then the schedule"

have you finished it? how was it for you this time around?

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 63 comments ~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "♛Primadonna♛ wrote: "anna t wrote: "I finished this earlier this week in one sitting, this is the second time I’ve read it all the way through. The first time I attempted it, I also DNFd it. At the..."

I haven't even gotten to it because I was busy with the O.W.L.S this month but I definitely want to/plan to finish it soon!

message 12: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (new) - rated it 4 stars

♛Primadonna♛ wrote: "~ Althea ~ ☾ wrote: "♛Primadonna♛ wrote: "anna t wrote: "I finished this earlier this week in one sitting, this is the second time I’ve read it all the way through. The first time I attempted it, I..."

ooh alrighty :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.