BooktubeSFF Awards discussion

Skyward (Skyward, #1)
This topic is about Skyward
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived 2019 > Skyward Readalong

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cass Burton (cassburton) | 15 comments Mod
Hello Everyone!! Welcome to the Readalong discussion for Skyward by: Brandon Sanderson. I am really excited to begin this one as I've only read the Mistborn Trilogy from Sanderson and I want to see what else he can bring to the table!

Be mindful of spoilers if you plan on posting any, and make sure to give others plenty of warning beforehand!

Agnes | 22 comments I just finished reading it today and loved it. This was the first book by Brandon Sanderson I've read, and I'm glad I did.

Luminous_Monkey | 7 comments I just finished this and I loved it. I'm a little biased as I've read almost all of Sanderson's other books, but I loved the futuristic setting, the camaraderie of the skyward flight crew and gave this 5 stars.

Cass Burton (cassburton) | 15 comments Mod
We're almost done with our first week of the Readalong!

What is everyone's call sign?

Gelisvb | 27 comments 18% but I think it’s great so far!

message 6: by Jensen (new) - added it

Jensen (jensreadsbooks) Alright, yall.... I'm about to start Skyward. This is my first Brandon Sanderson read. The first Mistborn has been on my shelf for a while... we'll see how this goes!

Jessica | 41 comments I read this back in Jan or Feb and I really enjoyed it. I do find that Sanderson's YA aren't as good as his adult worlds. I always feel like they are missing something. I liked how Spensa grew as a character throughout the novel, but man was she really annoying for a while. I ultimately really enjoyed the world created and how there was mystery involving the aliens and stuff.

Also my callsign is totally Free Radical :) aha

message 8: by Jensen (new) - added it

Jensen (jensreadsbooks) Between Skyward, The Cruel Prince, and Strange the Dreamer, I'm starting to think we have a thing for social outcasts... interesting how all 3 protagonists handle it differently.

Meagz | 4 comments I love Brandon Sanderson. I have read a lot of his works. I enjoyed this read. I liked the detailed drawings of the various ships. It helped with the explanations of maneuvers the flight school was teaching them.

Kesara (kesaranarine) | 9 comments I'm pretty late on this one...but I finished Skyward yesterday and I really enjoyed it more than I was expecting. As always, Brandon Sanderson has fantastic worldbuilding and adrenaline-fueled fight scenes. I'm so glad I picked this one up!

Shelby M. (Read and Find Out) (shelby-m-read-and-find-out) | 51 comments I started this a couple of days ago! This is my first non-Cosmere/adult Sanderson work, which is an interesting experience for me.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.