The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Song of Achilles
This topic is about The Song of Achilles
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Read Discussions > The Song of Achilles (April 2019) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Mar 31, 2019 02:21PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 1024 comments Mod
This is the thread for The Song of Achilles!

This thread is open for discussion beginning April 1st! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed (mark as a spoiler) in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group.

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 4/1
April 1: Chapters 1-2
April 2: Chapters 3-4
April 3: Chapters 5-6
April 4: Chapters 7-8
April 5: Chapters 9-10
April 6: Chapters 11-12
April 7: Chapters 13-14

Week of 4/8
April 8: Chapters 15-16
April 9: Chapters 17-18
April 10: Chapters 19-20
April 11: Chapters 21-22
April 12: Chapters 23-24
April 13: Chapters 25-26
April 14: Chapters 27-28

Week of 4/15
April 15: Chapters 29-30
April 16: Chapters 31-32
April 17: Chapter 33

Any extra days can be used to catch up with reading.

Comment to join the discussion and don't be shy to discuss with others!

Aqsa (her_747) | 50 comments Excited for this!

— nova (belaslugosi) | 89 comments i’m excited & nervous for this. there’s so much hype and i tend to have unpopular opinions haha but so far it’s interesting.

clem (thevillainschronicles) Aqsa wrote: "Excited for this!"

I couldn't relate more to that comment! I hope you're enjoying it though and that it reaches the expectations the hype has set for you!

clem (thevillainschronicles) I personally finished the book a couple of days ago and was quite disappointed, I felt like it wasn't as good as Circe. Madeline Miller though, is, I believe, incredibly talented

message 6: by Marilou (new)

Marilou Paru | 138 comments I didn't feel like reading this at start, since I have read alot of stuff about Achilles and Troy before and wasn't in the mood for a "retelling". However I am really enjoying Circe by Madeline Miller, so much that I am now thinking about picking it up later. I was much more intrigued about her story though, since I knew less about her... Will have to wait and read some more opinions by you guys

message 7: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) | 2251 comments Mod
how is everyone else finding the book?

message 8: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (new) - rated it 2 stars

nova ryder ♡ wrote: "i’m excited & nervous for this. there’s so much hype and i tend to have unpopular opinions haha but so far it’s interesting."

how are you in the book?

message 9: by Althea ☾, Group Procrastinator (On Hiatus) (last edited Apr 10, 2019 06:54AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maria Paru wrote: "I didn't feel like reading this at start, since I have read alot of stuff about Achilles and Troy before and wasn't in the mood for a "retelling". However I am really enjoying Circe by Madeline Mil..."

glad to hear Circe got you intrigued about TSOA :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.