Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

25 views
For the Blogless > Diana's Read-a-thon

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana I hadn't realized the read-a-thon was so close! I have no idea what I'll be reading, I keep looking at my books and thinking: "That one, maybe that one."
It's been a while since I've really participated, so hopefully I can be more active with this one.


message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 353 comments Good luck Diana!


message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Susan wrote: "Good luck Diana!"

Thanks! 😊


message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 141 comments Welcome back Diana!
I'm exactly the same...i haven't made a TBR as such, but yesterday I dusted my bookshelves and made a mental note of all the "yeah this one, that one maybe"- books I'd like to read during this readathon. (Way too many... :-) )
Hope you'll have a great readathon, good luck!


message 5: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments Welcome back! Have you decided on a TBR? It's hard to to future-pick books. lol. I have a HUGE possibles pile but better than just winging it 100% from my shelves! lol


message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Elyse wrote: "Welcome back! Have you decided on a TBR? It's hard to to future-pick books. lol. I have a HUGE possibles pile but better than just winging it 100% from my shelves! lol"

Thanks. Turns out I had set a few aside that I wanted to read (I live in such a mess that things either stand out or blend into the background and go forgotten) so this would be a perfect time to get to them.


message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Flauscheohr wrote: "Welcome back Diana!
I'm exactly the same...i haven't made a TBR as such, but yesterday I dusted my bookshelves and made a mental note of all the "yeah this one, that one maybe"- books I'd like to r..."


Thanks. I have a few set aside, but I'm such a mood reader sometimes that I'll look at my shelf promise I'll get to a book next and forget all about it later.


message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana Books finished:
The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard
Salomé by Oscar Wilde
Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5) by Lauren Oliver


This readathon made me realize that I have two modes: Reading and Not Reading. And as much as I wanted to Not Read so I could participate more and interact with everyone it was hard because then I was just thinking about reading. Things went a lot better when I just decided to focus on Reading. I do hate that I feel like I'm missing out on the conversations throughout the day though and maybe I'll figure out how to make both work eventually.


message 9: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments Diana wrote: "Books finished:
The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard
Salomé by Oscar Wilde
Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5) by Lauren Oliver


This readathon made me realize that I have two modes: ..."


The only way I can do the social side and still read is to listen to audiobooks while checking in. Short ones that aren't intricate so if I get into what I'm doing on Goodreads, I don't miss critical, important happenings in the audiobook.


message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana Elyse wrote: "Diana wrote: "Books finished:
The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard
Salomé by Oscar Wilde
Delirium Stories Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5) by Lauren Oliver


This readathon made me realize that I ha..."



That's a good idea, I'll have to try that.


back to top