Life at the Library discussion

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 21 comments Hey, team! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Are you looking forward to getting started tomorrow? What book(s) are you starting with? I have Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology ready to go. I'm also doing a reread of Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series. I realized after I finished the most recent book how many of the previous events mentioned I don't remember anymore. So I'm doing a reread before the next book comes out in September and have the second book in the series waiting for me as well.

Hope everyone is well and as excited as I am to be on the winning team! ;-)

message 2: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wheninapril) | 5 comments Hello Deanna!! I am right now reading Please Send Help (I Hate Everyone But You, #2) by Gaby Dunn , will start Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles, #1) by Hannah West next!!

Kiera mentioned about something like "if books fill up certain category, can get bonus points", any idea what category??

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 21 comments Tale of a Bookworm wrote: "Hello Deanna!! I am right now reading Please Send Help (I Hate Everyone But You, #2) by Gaby Dunn , will start Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles, #1) by Hannah West next!!

Kiera mentioned about something like "if books fill ..."

HI! Kiera has a list under "categories." Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with either of these books. Is Please Send Help a romance? If so, that's one of the categories. Kingdom of Ash and Briar seems like it could fit under the white cover, magic, or supernatural elements categories. You'll know which one works best for it. Oh, and I just added Kingdom to my tbr list. It sounds good. Let me know how it is! I hope that this helped.

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wheninapril) | 5 comments Deanna wrote: "Is Please Send Help a romance?" No. I think its YA Contemporary. But its set on Florida and NYC. I have never been to any of these places. So it fits under Category 4 :D !!

Hell yeah!! :D

message 5: by Kiera, Kiera's bookish thoughts (new)

Kiera | 115 comments Mod
Hi guys! Nhu is assisting me as a moderator as I am currently experiencing some technology issues. Please send her a message and tell her she's awesome. Make sure to direct any questions to her and notify her when you finish a book.
Thanks, and send Nhu some love

Kiera ❤

message 6: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wheninapril) | 5 comments Hello guys! I have finished another book ! Kingdom of Ash and Briars it falls under another category.

Also I was wondering if children books are allowed as i have read 1 of them as well?

message 7: by Nina (new)

Nina (tuyetnhu) | 95 comments Mod
Tale of a Bookworm wrote: "Hello guys! I have finished another book ! Kingdom of Ash and Briars it falls under another category.

Also I was wondering if children books are allowed as i have read 1 of them as..."

Yes, children books count, any book counts as long as their from a library. And is the book Kingdon of Ash and Briars the book you message me yesterday or it is a new book you finished.

message 8: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wheninapril) | 5 comments Nhu wrote: Yes, children books count, any book counts as long as their from a library. And is the book Kingdon of Ash and Briars the book you message me yesterday or it is a new book you finished..."
HI Nhu! Its the book I told you about! Also I talked about it with Kiera before, sadly none of my books are Library books as there are no library in my area :( .

message 9: by Nina (new)

Tale of a Bookworm wrote: "Nhu wrote: Yes, children books count, any book counts as long as their from a library. And is the book Kingdon of Ash and Briars the book you message me yesterday or it is a new book you finished....."

It fine, Kiera made an exception for people who don't have libraries in their area. I will tell Kiera this so your book can count as points for your team.

message 10: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (wheninapril) | 5 comments Nhu wrote: "It fine, Kiera made an exception for people who don't have libraries in their area. I will tell Kiera this so your book can count as points for your team.
"
thank you so much!

message 11: by Coco (new)

Coco (coco24) | 7 comments I've finished The Thing With Feathers by McCall Hoyle!

message 12: by Nina (new)

Coco wrote: "I've finished The Thing With Feathers by McCall Hoyle!"

Any bonus category?

message 13: by Coco (new)

Coco (coco24) | 7 comments Yes! Sorry, it's a white cover

message 14: by Nina (new)

Coco wrote: "Yes! Sorry, it's a white cover"
Great! I have logged your points.

message 15: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments I’ve finished reading “Die for Me” by Amy Plum

Category - Set in a place I’ve never been before.

message 16: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Category- Set in a place I’ve never been before.

message 17: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "I’ve finished reading “Die for Me” by Amy Plum

Category - Set in a place I’ve never been before."

I have logged your points.

message 18: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Just finished “Until I Die” by Amy Plum

Category- A book with supernatural elements

message 19: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Category- A book with supernatural elements

message 20: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "Just finished “Until I Die” by Amy Plum

Category- A book with supernatural elements"

message 21: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Just finished “If I should die” by Amy Plum

message 22: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Category- Book with supernatural elements

message 23: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "Just finished “If I should die” by Amy Plum"

message 24: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments Not sure if children’s books count.

I read “Life in numbers: Write Haiku” by Lisa Holewa

Category: Non-Fiction

message 25: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "Not sure if children’s books count.

I read “Life in numbers: Write Haiku” by Lisa Holewa

Category: Non-Fiction"

message 26: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments I finished “Draw to Win” by Dan Roam

Category: Non-fiction

message 27: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "I finished “Draw to Win” by Dan Roam

Category: Non-fiction"

message 28: by Grace A (new)

Grace A (gracewordscape) | 13 comments I’ve finished “Invisibility” by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan

Category: Magic

message 29: by Nina (new)

Grace wrote: "I’ve finished “Invisibility” by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan

Category: Magic"

message 30: by Nina (new)

May 3 is the LAST day to get your points in for this challenge. Make sure you notify me when you finish a book so I can record your points.

message 31: by Coco (new)

Coco (coco24) | 7 comments I fnished Easy Prey by Catherine Lo. Do I get extra points if it's a canadian author?

message 32: by Nina (new)

Coco wrote: "I fnished Easy Prey by Catherine Lo. Do I get extra points if it's a canadian author?"

I don't think that would earn you an extra point but any book that falls into one of these categories will be an extra point!
1.A book with a face on the cover
2. A book with a red cover
3. A book that's over 400 pages
4. A book set in a place you've never been
5. A romance or contemporary romance
6. A mythology inspired book
7. A book about or with animals
8. A book with magic
9. A book you've read before
10. A book by a debut author
11. A thriller
12. A book with a green cover
13. A book reccomended to you by a librarian
14. A book that takes place in a different world, universe or dimension etc.
15. A book that takes place at a boarding school
16. A book with supernatural elements
17. A book with a white cover
18. A book written by an African American author
19. A book with a African American character
20. A collection of poetry or a book written in verse
21. A book that has won an award
22. A book you've read before
23. A non fiction book
24. A biography or autobiography
25. A banned book

message 33: by Coco (new)

Coco (coco24) | 7 comments Ok it had three faces on it! (Count it as one point hihi)

message 34: by Sam! (new)

Sam! at the bookstore (samatthebookstore) I just finished The Ship of the Dead! It also fits in the "mythology inspired book" bonus point category :)

Thanks for logging all our points, it really means a lot.

message 35: by Sam! (new)

Sam! at the bookstore (samatthebookstore) I'm also going to finish Pride and Prejudice tonight, so I figured I'd let you know now. This is a "a book I've read before" as well!

Again, thanks for all the point-recording you've done!

message 36: by Nina (new)

Coco wrote: "Ok it had three faces on it! (Count it as one point hihi)"

message 37: by Nina (new)

Sam! wrote: "I just finished The Ship of the Dead! It also fits in the "mythology inspired book" bonus point category :)

Thanks for logging all our points, it really means a lot."

I have logged your points. and your welcomes, my team, and Kiera help me a lot so I can't take all the credit.

message 38: by Nina (new)

Sam! wrote: "I'm also going to finish Pride and Prejudice tonight, so I figured I'd let you know now. This is a "a book I've read before" as well!

Again, thanks for all the point-recording you've d..."

I logged your points.