Our Classical Journey discussion

Books Read In 2019 > Wives & Daughters - Non-Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Loretta | 5948 comments Mod
Please use this thread for first impressions (non-spoilers), background and general information.

message 2: by Piyangie (new)

Piyangie | 621 comments I read it last year and absolutely loved it. It is a great work. I hope the group will enjoy the read.

WhatIReallyRead | 479 comments I'd love to join the group read of this, since it's on my TBR and I really liked other book by this author.
But I'm still in the middle of a 1000+ page book, and I don't know if I'll be able to go for this one too, since it's pretty long as well... Will see.

message 4: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1529 comments I am going to be reading this later in the month.

message 5: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

WhatIReallyRead wrote: "I'd love to join the group read of this, since it's on my TBR and I really liked other book by this author.
But I'm still in the middle of a 1000+ page book, and I don't know if I'll be able to go..."

No worries Anna! Threads will be open if and when you decide to read it. ☺️

message 6: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Piyangie wrote: "I read it last year and absolutely loved it. It is a great work. I hope the group will enjoy the read."

I just hope that the members who voted for the book will read it and discuss Piyangie!! 😏

message 7: by Danada (new)

Danada I've got it all queued up and am eager to start! I love Elizabeth Gaskell. :)

message 8: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Danada wrote: "I've got it all queued up and am eager to start! I love Elizabeth Gaskell. :)"

Thanks Danada for the heads up! I'm glad! 😁

message 9: by Tracey (last edited Apr 07, 2019 01:08PM) (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) The book was not completed by the time Gaskell died and its ending was supplied by Frederick Greenwood

I think the ending is in keeping with what I know of Gaskell's works but would be interested in what others think.

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) I can get the book as an audiobook so I will 'read' it again this month and join in the discussion.

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 344 comments Just picked up a copy from my library. Hope to begin reading soon.

message 12: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie | 1529 comments I have just finished reading the book. I loved it!

message 13: by Loretta, Moderator (new)

Rosemarie wrote: "I have just finished reading the book. I loved it!"

Great to hear Rosemarie! More of an incentive for me to pick it up and read now! 😊