2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2019 > 2019 April-June Buddy Read Sign Up

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kadijah Michelle (last edited Mar 31, 2019 12:05PM) (new)

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Wow! You all kept us busy in the 1st Quarter of 2019, and for that reason, I am starting a new thread for Buddy Reads Sign Ups.

Please be sure to check out the Master List to see what is available and Buddy Reads Rules & Guidelines to see what can be nominated.

message 2: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) Hi! I'd like to join the buddy read for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

message 3: by Suki (new)

Suki St Charles (goodreadscomsuki_stcharles) | 78 comments Hi! I would like to join the April Buddy Reads for:

1Q84
The Night Circus
The Secret of Lost Things

Thanks! :-)

Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods* (marcthedarc) | 633 comments Ima join the Farseer Trilogy read starting in June with Assassin's Apprentice. Been hearing good things about Robin Hobb.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments Hello, I would like to join the April Buddy Read for The Night Circus. Thank you.

Kadijah Michelle (kadmich) | 2176 comments Everyone is added to the Master List on Google.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina  (quacki24) Hello, I'd love to be part of the Buddy read in June The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet . Thank you

message 8: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Would anyone like to read The Hazel Wood in June?

Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods* (marcthedarc) | 633 comments Christina wrote: "Hello, I'd love to be part of the Buddy read in June The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet . Thank you"

Oh, I would like to join that one too, please. I recently read A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe and somebody recommended The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet as a similar work and a way to get a little bit of a Firefly feeling.

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments Anybody want to read The Great Gatsby sometime in 2019?

message 11: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Scott I'd do Gatsby with you. It's been a fee years. I'm a huge Fitzgerald fan.

message 12: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) Lindsay wrote: "Would anyone like to read The Hazel Wood in June?"

Lindsay - I would read this with you in June :)

message 13: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) I'd like to join the Buddy Read for:

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows - July
The Testaments (Handmaid's Tale #2) - October

message 14: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Leigh, great! Thanks!

message 15: by Shivangi (new)

Shivangi (shivangivp) | 6 comments Hello!
I'd love to be a part of the buddy read for 'The art of racing in the rain' in June
Also, anyone who'd like to join me in reading The Handmaid's tale in May?

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara (art_in_the_blood) Scott and Lindsay, I'll read The Great Gatsby with you. I've actually never read it, but it's been on my TBR list for ages. Any month works for me.

message 17: by Awais (new)

Awais Iqbal | 26 comments Hello!

I would like to join the buddy read for 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, for all three books.
I'm already in the group for the first book in April, would like to join for the next ones in May and June..

message 18: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 459 comments Scott and Tara - June for The Great Gatsby? Feels like a summer book.

message 19: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments June would be fine for the great gatsby

message 20: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 642 comments I will join Tangerine in May

message 21: by Tara (new)

Tara (art_in_the_blood) June is a go for The Great Gatsby!

message 22: by Hanny (new)

Hanny Bong (honeyread1) | 5 comments I would like to join the buddy reads for

6 June the great Gatsby
7 July the seven husband of evelyn hugo
7 July city of bones
9 September the handmaid tale

message 23: by Tawnie Rose (new)

Tawnie Rose | 175 comments I've started 1Q84 last month - would love it if I could be added to the list. And I think I would like to join the Broken Earth series for it's 3 books too please starting in June. thanks!

message 24: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4089 comments Barbara wrote: "I've started 1Q84 last month - would love it if I could be added to the list. And I think I would like to join the Broken Earth series for it's 3 books too please starting in June. thanks!"

I added you to the list, feel free to jump into the discussion! :)

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 597 comments If possible, I'd like to remove myself from the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire series. I'm getting a bit burnt out on them and I have a busy summer ahead, so I'd like to read some smaller books and save those books for when I have more time. Thank you!

message 26: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (leigholive) Would I be able to join in on Handmaid's Tale in September?

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 597 comments Kristin wrote: "Hi everyone, here is the link to this month's buddy reads! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

@Catherine, I will remove you from ASOIAF list. Do you want to be remo..."

Yes please. I've already let everyone know in that thread that I won't be continuing with them but that I'll check in once in a while to see how they're enjoying it. :)

message 28: by Tara (new)

Tara (art_in_the_blood) Please add me to The Handmaid's Tale in September. Time to finally brave the waters of Margaret Atwood. :)

message 29: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Please add me for The Woman in the Window in June

message 30: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments I just notice that Go Set a Watchman it was put in December as a stand alone book but actually is consider the second part of To Kill a Mockingbird. Why it was put as a stand alone? (Just out of curiosity)

message 31: by El (last edited May 08, 2019 07:52AM) (new)

El | 145 comments Hi, I'd like to join the Assassin's Apprentice Buddy Read for June please :)

message 32: by Tara (new)

Tara (art_in_the_blood) Hey Kristin,

You can add me to both, and then if Atwood isn't my cup of tea, I'll withdraw from the sequel. Thanks!

message 33: by oshizu, Challenges (new)

oshizu | 5387 comments Hello, folks!

I wish to propose a Buddy Read for June of Before She Sleeps, a science fiction novel by Pakistani author Bina Shah.
Anyone interested?

message 34: by Diane (new)

Diane (diane_g) | 518 comments Hello!

I would like to be added to the buddy read for A Brief History of Seven Killings in June, and also join oshizu for Before She Sleeps in June.

Thanks so much!

message 35: by oshizu, Challenges (new)

oshizu | 5387 comments Diane wrote: "Hello!

I would like to be added to the buddy read for A Brief History of Seven Killings in June, and also join oshizu for Before She Sleeps in June.

Thanks so much!"

Yay, Diane!

message 36: by Amy (new)

Amy Pitts (apitts269) Can I be added to the buddy read for The Woman In The Window for June? I started it a while back and never got too far and it would be much better with a dicsussion along the way!

message 37: by Caro (new)

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Kristin wrote: "Caro wrote: "I just notice that Go Set a Watchman it was put in December as a stand alone book but actually is consider the second part of To Kill a Mockingbird. Why it ..."

A little bit... I read in February the Hazelwood and it was put as part of a series despite the fact that the next book will not come till september. But yes I am sure that there are many cases that people just read the first book in a series. regarding if this book is the first part or the second... Well it is say that it was the first draft to kill a Mockingbird but is read as the second part, because here we see the same characters but older also I do not think that it will be easy to understand or "appreciate" this book without reading the other one, but that is another topic... Thanks a lot for the answer!

message 38: by Ice (new)

Ice M. | 72 comments May I please join the buddy read for the Percy Jackson series? I was just about to suggest it. Haha. I'm down to start with it in June. I'm not sure though if it has been scheduled to start already?

Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods* (marcthedarc) | 633 comments Hey Kadijah, you can scratch Mistborn #7 from the October list. That book is not yet written. (This is per the author on his website).

Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods* (marcthedarc) | 633 comments Ice wrote: "May I please join the buddy read for the Percy Jackson series? I was just about to suggest it. Haha. I'm down to start with it in June. I'm not sure though if it has been scheduled to start already?"

I would like to try Percy Jacskson also, June would be okay to start but could I talk you into a July start? Would like to hear from the original suggestors for this series too if they are still interested.

5-book middle grade series starting with The Lightning Thief.

message 41: by Ice (new)

Ice M. | 72 comments Marc wrote: "Ice wrote: "May I please join the buddy read for the Percy Jackson series? I was just about to suggest it. Haha. I'm down to start with it in June. I'm not sure though if it has been scheduled to s..."

Sure, I don't mind starting in July. Would like to hear from the others too.

message 42: by Pedro (new)

Pedro Brasil I want to add Factfulness by Hans Rosling to the buddy reads list in June

message 43: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments oshizu wrote: "Hello, folks!

I wish to propose a Buddy Read for June of Before She Sleeps, a science fiction novel by Pakistani author Bina Shah.
Anyone interested?"

I would be happy to join you guys I am just a quiet reader if you two are okay with that

message 44: by oshizu, Challenges (last edited May 17, 2019 04:24PM) (new)

oshizu | 5387 comments Blagica wrote: "I wish to propose a Buddy Read for June of Before She Sleeps, a science fiction novel by Pakistani author Bina Shah.
Anyone interested?"

I would be happy to join you guys I am just a quiet reader if you two are okay with that "

That's fine, of course. We are quite happy that you will join us.
Maybe you'll enjoy the book enough to write a short review later--and maybe link to the thread? If not, that's cool, too.
There's just something nice about reading a book at the same time, yes? :D

message 45: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 12028 comments oshizu wrote: "Blagica wrote: "I wish to propose a Buddy Read for June of Before She Sleeps, a science fiction novel by Pakistani author Bina Shah.
Anyone interested?"

I would be happy to join you guys I am just..."

I try and review everything I am just behind on my reviews this year

message 46: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 841 comments Is anyone interested in discussing the Little House in the Big Woods / Little House on the Prairie series at any point? I know it's a long shot but I want to try to tackle it this year lol

Also, please add me for The Art of Racing in the Rain. Thanks.

message 47: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 841 comments And one more I'd like to tackle with a buddy (or 2 or 3): Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

message 48: by Scott (new)

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I could do the little house books latter in the year.

message 49: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 841 comments Scott wrote: "I could do the little house books latter in the year."

What month to start it? I am game for anything.

message 50: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 841 comments Also, please add me to The Great Gatsby discussion. I appreciate these buddy read opportunities so much!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.