The Challenge Factory discussion

Scavenger Hunt Archives > The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (last edited Mar 31, 2019 12:19PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX
Duration: April 1 - June 30, 2019

Challenge rules:
•This Challenge works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in during this time frame.

•While you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the lookout for the following items - they may be on the cover or mentioned in the book. Most items are specific, but if in doubt about an item – just ask!

•You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you do not have to read 50 books for this challenge...do not worry!)

•When you find one of the items, list the Book Title and Author (or link the cover), date it, & rate it. Then specify where the item is found within the book and a blurb from the sentence. For audiobooks try to put the chapter if possible. If not, then at least let us know you got it from an audiobook.

•Books that are used must be read during the period of this challenge, the challenge does not start until 4/1/19, but you can get your lists together early.

Good Luck & Happy Reading! ☺

The List
Accountant
Airport
Art
Basement
Batter
Bully
Celebrity
Clumsy
Crickets
Crumb
Delicate
Doorbell
Exclusive
Experiment
Favorite Color
Fertile
Fond
Foster
Fresh
Hard hat
Highway/Freeway
Keen
Lane
Litter
Lost/missing tooth
Mud
Open window
Postage Stamp
Potential
Ribs
Rookie
Routine
Rural
Sailboat
Scatter
Shameless
Tassel
Torrent
Van

Bonus list
Asparagus
Border crossing
Culture
Diploma
Major (college/university field of study)
Michigan
Moot
Private Jet
Someone puts fuel in a vehicle
Stethoscope

message 2: by Denise (last edited Jun 29, 2019 08:42AM) (new)

Denise | 649 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

38/40 list of words
10/10 bonus words

Accountant – “Those who say we are a nation of accountants lie.” P. 82 The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Itrube 4.8.19

Airport “She must leave for the airport at eight.” P. 228 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Art – “There was art on their walls.” P. 3 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Basement – “There’s a ladder in the basement.” P. 31 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Batter “Did you or your partner batter Cicely Greenspan and threaten…” p. 376Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Bully “I don’t really want him – he’ll bully the others out of the way.” P. 31 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Celebrity “…he became an international celebrity.” P. 102 The Alienist by Caleb Carr 4.30.19

Clumsy – “A little clumsy - a butter knife was dropped.” P.254 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Crickets - “can’t sleep at night because of the bellowing of the crickets.” P. 61 Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Crumb – “You won’t get a crumb more from me.” P. 328 The Librarian of Auschwitzby Antonio Itrube 4.8.19

Delicate “…the subtle and delicate arrangement of black and white that was the finished print.” P. 24 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Doorbell “I kissed her and then rang the doorbell.” P. 51 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.4.19

Exclusive “Her brothers…had long since been hived off into an exclusive male world” p. 4 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Experiment – “I think the Feds’re doing experiments on ‘em.” P. 119 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Fertile “…at the grammar school there had been that fertile ground of the Art Room.” P. 10 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Fond “Molly said she was especially fond of flower arranging.” P. 90 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Foster –“…to foster the illusion that another, even larger invasion, would soon strike.” P. 321 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies by Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Fresh “…a charming girl, in fact a breath of fresh air.” P. 91 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Highway/Freeway “…but as soon as you abandoned those dictatorial highways you had slipped off into another sphere.” P. 241 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Keen “I am keen to improve my French.” P. 91 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Lane “The cottage stood beside a lane.” P. 15 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Litter “…took enough pride of place not to litter up the lobby…” p. 34 Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Lost or Missing Tooth - “Molly had her seventh birthday, lost a front tooth…” p. 71Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Mud “The water coming in warm over the mud, your feet sinking in” p. 256 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Open window - “taken me within a few yards of the open window.” P. 17 Carry On, Jeevesby P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Postage Stamp “A cigarette lighter, a cough drop, a postage stamp, a slightly bent cigarette, a toothpick, a handkerchief, a pen, two five shekel coins.” P. 87 Suddenly, a Knock on the Door by Etgar Keret 5.7.19

Potential “He learned the possibilities of the form, the potential.” P. 14 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Profile “She has graduated from roundups of lamp shades and cutlery to the occasional interview and profile.” P. 171 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Ribs “He’s got some broken ribs.” P. 250 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Rookie – “Hell, a one-eyed rookie would’ve spotted them.” P. 278 Connections in Death by J.D. Robb 4.21.19

Routine “…pitched into their bright company from the exacting daily routine of the Heron Press.” P. 29Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Rural “…could put up a passable show of rural interest.” P. 40 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Sailboat “…standing on the front of a sailboat at the Detroit Yacht Club.”82 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Scatter – “There is a small village – a scatter of buildings and a café.” P. 210 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Shameless “there are no drunken dancing men, no shameless flaunting women.” P. 117 Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Tassel “ And the Middle Ages, roaring like a bear under somebody’s tasseled banner reappear as a “witch hunt” someplace.” P. 39 Almost at the End by Yevgeny Yevtushenko 4.15.19

Torrent “The water underneath me rose to six inches, then eight, pushing at me, rushing through in a torrent.” P. 290 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Van – “She likes packing cases and removal vans.” P. 134 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Bonus:

Asparagus “tiny gold potatoes, tender spears of asparagus.” P. 115 Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Border crossing “The boot arrived at Badajaz , the border crossing into Spain.” P. 274 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spiesby Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Culture – “The purveying of culture had become a public good.” P. 137 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Diploma – “…a deeply eccentric Spaniard with a diploma in chicken farming.” P. 5 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spiesby Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Major (college/university field of study) – “plans to major in environmental studies…” p. 6 Summer of '69 by Todd Strasser 5.5.19

Michigan”I thought I’d stay in Michigan.” P. 53 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Moot “…but that was a moot point.” P. 149 The Day is Dark by Yrsa Sigurdardottir 5.12.19

Private Jet – “Private shuttle. We got the scratch for it, and enough to buy some pilot’s silence.” P. 373 Leverage in Death by J.D.Robb 4.11.19

Someone puts fuel in a vehicle- “stopped for gas at the Shell station at Wisconsin Ave. and Ellicott St”p. 382 The Other WomanbyDaniel Silva 6.9.19

Stethoscope – “He had a stethoscope around his neck.” P. 77 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

The List - words to find

Favorite Color
Hard hat

message 3: by Deb (last edited Sep 21, 2019 02:38PM) (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

The List
DONE!

Bonus list
Done!

Words found
(view spoiler)
Bonus Words found
(view spoiler)

message 4: by Ed (last edited Jul 26, 2020 08:58AM) (new)

Ed Lehman | 82 comments *****COMPLETED 7/26/20*****
Last words= "Private jet"

The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

40/40 plus 10/10 bonus words

Challenge rules:
•This Challenge works in conjunction with the other challenges you may participate in during this time frame.

•While you are fulfilling the requirements of your other challenges, be on the lookout for the following items - they may be on the cover or mentioned in the book. Most items are specific, but if in doubt about an item – just ask!

•You may use a book to fulfill multiple items (you do not have to read 50 books for this challenge...do not worry!)

•When you find one of the items, list the Book Title and Author (or link the cover), date it, & rate it. Then specify where the item is found within the book and a blurb from the sentence. For audiobooks try to put the chapter if possible. If not, then at least let us know you got it from an audiobook.

•Books that are used must be read during the period of this challenge, the challenge does not start until 4/1/19, but you can get your lists together early.

✔Accountant-p.155-The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"...Wang Yu, ....worked as an accountant for a magazine publisher." 4/2/19
✔Airport-p.8- Time and Tide: The Islands of Tuvalu-"Funafuti is....also the site of the only working airport." 5/3/19
✔Art-p.188-The Map Thief-"...and recovering more than 4150 million worth of art and heirlooms..." 4/4/19
✔Basement-p.16-Wise Children-"...his granddaughters now sit in silk camiknickers in the basemen..." 4/17/19
✔Batter-p.509- The Old Curiosity Shop-"Batter the gate once more!" 4/13/19
✔Bully-p.116-Two Old Fools on a Camel: From Spain to Bahrain and Back Again-"She better not try bully me!'" 8/2/19
✔Celebrity-p.38-Wise Children-"She also did celebrity guest appearances..." 4/19/19
✔Clumsy-p.52-Balthazar-"The gesture itself was simply a clumsy attempt to appropriate the mystery of true experience..." 4/21/19
✔Crickets-p.147-A Suitable Boy-"...she saw him and another student, both wearing cricket clothes..." 4/3/19
✔Crumb-p.72- Wise Children-"...we got our little crumb of attention... 4/21/19
✔Delicate-p.50-Cranford-"This was the first letter, ticketed in a frail, delicate hand." 4/14/19
✔Doorbell-p.49-They Both Die at the End-"The doorbell rings." 4/4/19
✔Exclusive-p.189- The Third Man and the Loser Takes All-"Where can we go that is quiet...and exclusive?" 7/28/19
✔Experiment-p.620- The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe-"Common experiments in Natural Philosphy." (in footnote)4/14/19
✔Favorite Color- p.93- Cranford-"...which she would not now more particularly describe, only sea-green was her favorite colour." 6/6/19
✔Fertile-loc.27359 of the Kindle edition of The Holy Bible: English Standard Version-"My beloved had a vineyard on a very fertile hill." 4/13/19
✔Fond-p.331-The Old Curiosity Shop-"'You are fond of it?'" 4/3/19
✔Foster-p.48- They Both Die at the End-"It's possible I'm gonna die at the hands of my foster father..." 4/4/19
✔Fresh-p.151-Sexing the Cherry-"...and the fat still fresh around his mouth..." 4/4/18
✔Hard hat-p.35-Loitering with Intent-"...my painting of two women with red pompoms in their brown hard hats driving a carriage..." 5/13/19
✔Highway/Freeway-p.69-Russell Baker's Book of American Humor-"On the highway. how do you think that felt?" 4/11/19
✔Keen- p.113- The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"If the man was very keen or family tradition dictated it..." 4/1/19
✔Lane-p.333-The Old Curiosity Shop-"But, before they had reached the corner of the lane, the man came running..." 4/3/19
✔Litter-p.93-The Arabian Nights-"...he ordered the servants to prepare a litter with a canopy..." 4/21/19
✔Lost/missing tooth-p.143-Wise Children-"...the way you miss a toothache when you lose a tooth." 5/7/19
✔Mud-p.112- The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"All I am good for is wiping mud off feet." 4/1/19
✔Open window-p.383- In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower-"...the servant on duty...had opened the window at the far end..." 4/13/19
✔Postage Stamp-p.254-In a Sunburned Country-"And how much are postage stamps for America?" 5/18/19
✔Potential-p.75-They Both Die at the End-"I was talking to potential Last Friends..." 4/18/19
✔Profile- p.74-They Both Die at the End-"...but he likes my Luigi hat from my profile picture." 4/18/19
✔Ribs-p.508-The Old Curiosity Shop-"If I could only fold you in my arms, and squeeze your ribs..." 4/13/19
✔Rookie-p.102-Artemis Fowl - "As a rookie, he'd been placed on report himself for that exact offence."
✔Routine-p.127-A Lost Lady-"...and he had been attending to the routine of business." 5/3/19
✔Rural-p.15-Lab Girl-"This was an unusual recognition for a female growing up in a rural area..." 5/3/19
✔Sailboat-p.213-In a Sunburned Country-"I asked Allan, who once owned a sailboat..." 5/13/19
✔Scatter-p.86-The Arabian Nights-"...I'm about to mount my horse and charge your army and scatter them left and right!" 4/19/19
✔Shameless-p.149-The Private Dining-room and Other Verses-"The entire citizenry is shameless." 4/8/19
✔Tassel-p.432- The Old Curiosity Shop-"...and wrenched the tassel from his nightcap instead." 4/10/19
✔Torrent-p.184-Close Range-"...Bad Girl, a big, brindle, foaming torrent, bank full and over..." 4/13/20
✔Van-p.49- Morituri-"No less than six police cars and two prison vans surround a villa..." 4/15/19

Bonus list
✔Asparagus-p.44-Moonraker-"Asparagus with Bearnaise sauce sounds wonderful." 4/8/19
✔Border crossing-p.63- I Am There: Armenia-"...pushing a stroller and our luggage across an icy bridge that served as a border crossing." 7/22/19
✔Culture-p.43-They Both Die at the End-"...guests can experience the cultures and environments of different countries and cities." 4/4/19
✔Diploma-p.81- Lab Girl- "...while the other graduates were hugged and photographed everyone beaming over their diplomas." 5/7/19
✔Major (college/university field of study)-p.153-Wise Children-"...she was a Bryn Mawr graduate, English major..." 5/7/19
✔Michigan-p.48-Around the Edge-"...phoned him with congratulations when he won the Michigan primary..." 4/21/19
✔Moot-p.170-The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History-"...a well-placed reserve becomes, if not exactly moot, then certainly a lot more problematic." 6/27/19
✔Private Jet-p.119- A Study in Charlotte-"We went through lists of private airstrips and private jets." 7/26/20
✔Someone puts fuel in a vehicle-p.135-Lab Girl-"Pumping gas is not normally much of a high-adrenaline activity, but watching Bill slop the nozzle over the van's sparking muffler with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth could really get your pulse racing.: 5/9/19
✔Stethoscope-p.145-Sexing the Cherry-"...not if he listened to my heartbeat with a stethoscope." 4/4/19

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 15, 2019 06:01PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2345 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX
Begins: 01Apr19 / Ends: 30June19

40 / 40 main list words found
10 / 10 BONUS list words found
13 books read

THE LIST
Accountant - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 231 - "…be an accountant, but…"

Airport - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 82 - "…met us at the airport."

Art - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 166 - "…a piece of art."

Basement - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 249 - "…to the church basement."

Batter - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 166 - "…spoonfuls of the batter onto…"

Bully - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 88 - "I hate bullies, especially…"

Celebrity - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 198 - "…offer him more celebrity than…"

Clumsy - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 79 - "…his clumsy noise alerting…"

Crickets - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 79 - "…mostly on crickets and …"

Crumb - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 136 - "…picks up its crumb and…"

Delicate - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 132 - "…chosen this delicate moment…"

Doorbell - The Optimist's Guide to Letting Go ✔ – 27Apr19 - pg 121 - "…ring the doorbell, Olivia…"

Exclusive - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 226 - "…the exclusive property of…"

Experiment - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 5 - "…in a psychology experiment."

Favorite Color - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 409 - "Favorite color? … Blue."

Fertile - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 70 - "…the whole fertile expanse between…"

Fond - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 83 - "…toolmaker fond of wearing caps…"

Foster - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 99 - "…willing to foster some…"

Fresh - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 54 - "…coat of fresh paint."

Hard hat - Hissy Fit ✔ – 08May19 - pg 161 - "…men in hard hats clambered…"

Highway - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 311 - "Highway robbery, at that."

Keen - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 63 - "…kindred souls keen to restore…"

Lane - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 74 - "…house on Sunset Lane."

Litter - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 286 - "…stink of the litter boxes."

Lost/missing tooth - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 70 - "… gray hair, and his mostly toothless grin."

Mud - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 215 - "Inside the mud hut …"

Open window - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 176 - "…a window creaked open two…"

Postage Stamp - Girl Waits with Gun ✔ – 03May19 - pg 24 - "I'll post it … get a stamp."

Potential - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 111 - "…his potential replacement have…"

Profile - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 114 - "…personal profiles derived from…"

Ribs - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 118 - "…motoring against ribs in an…"

Rookie - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 126 - "…the rookie politician received…"

Routine - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 100 - "…third date, practically routine."

Rural - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 110 - "…choose this rural location…"

Sailboat - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 98 - "…by small sailboats whose…"

Scatter - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 203 - "…thump, scattering the kibble…"

Shameless - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 92 - "…skilled and shameless prevaricator…"

Tassel - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 21 - "…dark fez-like cap with tassel."

Torrent - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 203 - "…down in torrents and the…"

Van - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 306 - "…then a white van."

BONUS list
Asparagus - Hissy Fit ✔ – 08May19 - pg 216 - "chilled, poached aspragus."

Border crossing - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 216 - "…through a border crossing."

Culture - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 141 - "…different culture would work."

Diploma - My Brilliant Friend ✔ – 15Apr19 - pg 79 - "...got her diploma with..."

Major (college/university field of study) - We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves ✔ – 05May19 - pg 134 - "…a junior majoring in art history…"

Michigan - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 213 - "Michigan in winter?"

Moot - Carols and Chaos ✔ – 16Apr19 - pg 2 - "It was a moot point."

Private Jet - Santa Cruise ✔ – 28Apr19 - pg 21 - "… to board the private plane to Miami."

Someone puts fuel in a vehicle - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 21 - "I'm gassing up my truck as …"

Stethoscope - Bittersweet ✔ – 15May19 - pg 323 - "…a stethoscope, glass slide…"

message 6: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 05, 2019 07:08PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1874 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt, Part XXX

50/50 FOUND

Old Dark by Michael La Ronn Old Dark - Michael La Ronn 4/4
Art - we have new art to show you, p126
Lost/missing tooth - with a gap-toothed smile, p57
Mud - his feet sank into the mud, p8

Snow Way Out (Snow Globe Shop Mystery, #1) by Christine Husom Snow Way Out - Christine Husom 4/5
Celebrity - you are the biggest celebrity in town, p176
Highway/Freeway - van alongside the highway, p26

Let There Be Love (Sled Dog #1) by Melissa Storm Let There Be Love - Melissa Storm 4/6
Rookie - that such a rookie could actually, p67

Witch Way To Spellbinder Bay (Spellbinder Bay, #1) by Sam Short Witch Way To Spellbinder Bay - Sam Short 4/7
Basement - the owls are currently in the basement, p86

Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27) by Lynsay Sands Twice Bitten - Lynsay Sands 4/7
Keen - keen on the taste of blood, p67

Where I End (Arrow Falls, #1) by Michelle Dare Where I End - Michelle Dare 4/9
Doorbell - the doorbell to Risa's home rings, p13

Panther Prowling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #17) by Yasmine Galenorn Panther Prowling - Yasmine Galenorn 4/11
Exclusive - Leif lived in an exclusive area, p184
Experiment - in an experiment gone wrong, p219
Litter - litter on the sidewalk, p287
Potential - on the radar of potential issues, p10

Toby Fisher and the Arc-Light by Ian McFarlane Toby Fisher and the Arc-Light - Ian McFarlane 4/13
Airport - you must use the airport slide, p66
Bully - a bit of a bully, p161
Clumsy - that's a bit clumsy, p87

The Chalk Pit (Ruth Galloway, #9) by Elly Griffiths The Chalk Pit - Elly Griffiths 4/16
Crumb - chokes on his last crumb of cake, p51
Delicate - their relationship, always delicate, p54
Fertile - need fertile women, p330
Fond - she's fond of pretending, p100
Hard hat - her hard hat feels, p3
Ribs - that look like ribs, p5
Rural - out of place in rural Norfolk as a gazelle, p259
Van - a maintenance van, p29

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman Something in the Water - Catherine Steadman 4/17
Postage Stamp - the size of a postage stamp, p1600
Shameless - she took shameless advantage, p156

License to Dill (Pickled & Preserved Mystery, #2) by Mary Ellen Hughes License to Dill - Mary Ellen Hughes 4/18
Fresh - bring her a fresh batch of dill, p17
Open window - blowing through the open window, p50

The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward The Chosen - JR Ward 4/19
Accountant - a barber or an accountant, p222
Batter - the battered old knob, p325
Favorite Color - his favorite color, as it turns out, p471
Profile - God, her profile was, p176
Routine - in terms of routine assessments, p29
Scatter - sending them both on a scatter, p79

Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2) by Tracey O'Hara Death's Sweet Embrace - Tracey O'Hara 4/22
Foster - our foster parents, p64

Mother's Day, Muffins, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #10) by Sara Rosett Mother's Day, Muffins, and Murder - Sara Rosett 4/23
Lane - taking he lane the wrong way, p254

Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling #2.5, 5.5, 11.5, 12.25) by Nalini Singh Wild Embrace - Nalini Singh 4/26
Tassel - the traditional round hat with a tassel, p61

A Lady Never Lies (Affairs by Moonlight, #1) by Juliana Gray A Lady Never Lies - Juliana Gray 4/27
Torrent - let loose a torrent of Italian, p56

May (Daughters of the Sea, #2) by Kathryn Lasky May - Kathryn Lasky 4/28
Sailboat - as the small sailboat heeled, p322

Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger Ink and Bone - Lisa Unger 5/18
Crickets - and the sound of crickets, p98

BONUS

Old Dark by Michael La Ronn Old Dark - Michael La Ronn 4/4
Culture - to embed them into our culture, p151

Where I End (Arrow Falls, #1) by Michelle Dare Where I End - Michelle Dare 4/9
Someone puts fuel in a vehicle - then I finished pumping my gas, p56

Toby Fisher and the Arc-Light by Ian McFarlane Toby Fisher and the Arc-Light - Ian McFarlane 4/13
Stethoscope - a small ferret-sided stethescope, p148

Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Blonde with a Wand - Vicki Lewis Thompson 4/14
Michigan - a keep Lake Michigan clean leaflet, p1

The Chalk Pit (Ruth Galloway, #9) by Elly Griffiths The Chalk Pit - Elly Griffiths 4/16
Asparagus - on their precious asparagus beds, p183

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman Something in the Water - Catherine Steadman 4/17
Private Jet - a private jet perhaps, p128

License to Dill (Pickled & Preserved Mystery, #2) by Mary Ellen Hughes License to Dill - Mary Ellen Hughes 4/18
Major - now she's in college majoring in pre-med, p185

The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15) by J.R. Ward The Chosen - JR Ward 4/19
Moot - forward momentum was rendered moot, p81

Not Even Bones (Market of Monsters, #1) by Rebecca Schaeffer Not Even Bones - Rebecca Schaeffer 4/20
Border crossing - crossing the border to visit the market, p71

Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger Ink and Bone - Lisa Unger 5/18
Diploma - whether a high school diploma, p215

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 7: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jun 19, 2019 06:46PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

The List
Accountant - Loc 91 - I gave your accountant the receipt - SEAL of Honor Tonya Burrows - 4/15
Airport - Pg 15 - up a friend at the airport - Targeted Kaylea Cross - 4/11
Art - Loc 81 - Her art show in San Jose, Costa Rica - SEAL of Honor Tonya Burrows - 4/15
Basement - Pg 276 - chain you in the basement - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Batter - Pg 151 - the police will come batter your door - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Bully - Pg 253 - he was only a bully - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Celebrity - Pg 33 - media-packaged celebrity status - The Bourbon Kings J.R. Ward - 4/19
Clumsy - Pg 51 - I'm kind of clumsy with words - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Crickets - Pg 182 - to the sounds of the crickets - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Crumb - Pg 118 - a crepe streamer shambles, chip crumbs - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Delicate - Pg 54 - Her fascination with the delicate carvings - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Doorbell - Pg 88 - the doorbell rang - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Exclusive - Pg 48 - Being exclusive, she could totally handle - Targeted Kaylea Cross - 4/11
Experiment - Pg 43 - I thought you'd see by experiment - Colt Kate Bridges - 4/9
Favorite Color - Pg 231 - IRON MAN in red (his favorite color) - Chasing Fire Nora Roberts - 4/27
Fertile - Pg 409 - Maggie's way more fertile - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Fond - Pg 48 - I'm not all that fond of the doctors - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Foster - Pg 467 - There's foster care - Feels Like Family Sherryl Woods - 4/24
Fresh - Pg 84 - still looking sharp and fresh - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Hard hat - Pg 381 - dozens of men in hard hats - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Highway/Freeway - Pg 4 - main road leading to the highway - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Keen - Pg 162 - My judgment wasn't keen - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Lane - Pg 9 - slid into her lane - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Litter - Pg 92 - birth of a litter - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Lost/missing tooth - Pg 20 - A toothless man - Colt Kate Bridges - 4/9
Mud - Pg 158 - covered in mud - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Open window - Pg 262 - the ocean floated through the open window - Targeted Kaylea Cross - 4/11
Postage Stamp - Pg 322 - I laugh when I put a stamp on it because the idea that I could be published - Roomies Christina Lauren - 6/10
Potential - Pg 92 - isn't going to want potential witnesses - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Profile - Pg 90 - the profile of a small brunette - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Ribs - Pg 73 - when he caressed her ribs - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Rookie - Pg 313 - She said one of the rookie field reporters - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Routine - Pg 27 - Routine was her problem - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Rural - Pg 338 - Lots of Mel's rural patients - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3
Sailboat - Pg 211 - she saw a few sailboats - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Scatter - Pg 43 - Her thoughts were scattered - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Shameless - Pg 366 - And people say I'm shameless - Mountain Angel Suzie O'Connell - 5/21
Tassel - Pg 150 - and a tinsel tassel trailing - Tate Linda Lael Miller - 4/25
Torrent - Pg 387 - A torrent of persuasion - The Bourbon Kings J.R. Ward - 4/19
Van - Pg 43 - the crime-scene van - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1

Bonus list
Asparagus - Pg 88 - I'm making asparagus - Hope Flames Jaci Burton - 4/1
Border crossing - Pg 139 - that we're crossing the border - Secrets Aleatha Romig - 5/30
Culture - Pg 540 - shrink from its history and culture - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Diploma - Pg 1551 - after I picked up my diploma - Feels Like Family Sherryl Woods - 4/24
Major (college/university field of study) - Pg 14 - seriously by her fellow English majors - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Michigan - Pg 291 - or up in Michigan? - The Bourbon Kings J.R. Ward - 4/19
Moot - Loc 733 - this all would be a moot point. - SEAL of Honor Tonya Burrows - 4/15
Private Jet - Pg 58 - When the jet, a former member of the McKettrick Co fleet, landed - - Tate Linda Lael Miller - 4/25
Someone puts fuel in a vehicle - Pg 29 - Ronnie was waiting, done pumping gas - Fearless Lauren Gilley - 4/4
Stethoscope - Pg 382 - There was a stethoscope around her neck - Second Chance Pass Robyn Carr - 4/3

Carryover
Mailman
B - Birdseed
B - Watch party

Books Used:
Hope Flames (Hope, #1) by Jaci Burton Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5) by Robyn Carr Fearless (Dartmoor, #1) by Lauren Gilley Colt (Alaska Cowboys and Mounties, #1) by Kate Bridges Targeted (Hostage Rescue Team #2) by Kaylea Cross The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1) by J.R. Ward Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3) by Sherryl Woods Tate (McKettricks, #11) by Linda Lael Miller Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, #1) by Suzie O'Connell Secrets (Web of Sin, #1) by Aleatha Romig Roomies by Christina Lauren

message 8: by Debbie (last edited Jun 28, 2019 01:11PM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 986 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

The List
Accountant The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p270 we have forensics accounts in law enforcement
Airport The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p61 they set up near a good airport
Art California Girls by Susan Mallery..p281 the color scheme, the tasteful art
Basement Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap3 the design department was in the basement
Batter California Girls by Susan Mallery..p203 a chocolate batter covered spoon
Bully Sleeping With Anemone by Kate Collins 5/19/19..chap1 nothing more than a bully
Celebrity California Girls by Susan Mallery 5/10/19..p448 a celebrity instructor
Clumsy Love Lies Bleeding by Susan Wittig Albert 6/20/19..chap16 because they were too clumsy
Crickets The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p248 crickets chirped and the peepers in the pond sang
Crumb The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p164 crumbs falling on the thin sumer camp shirt
Delicate Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap15 he pointed toward the delicate brooch
Doorbell Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap8 visitors ring the doorbell here
Exclusive Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap11 mutually exclusive
Experiment California Girls by Susan Mallery..p116 experiment with make-up
Favorite Color Tiles and Tribulations by Tamar Myers 6/28/19..chap25 It's my favorite, you know..prawn pink is my color
Fertile
Fond The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p65 a pompous rich ass fond of flashy cars
Foster Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap17 give your foster parents the Parent of the Year award
Fresh The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p194 the very faint signature of fresh bone
Hard hat Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax..p34 a picture of herself and her father in hard hats
Highway/Freeway The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p99 the two lane highway from Corzet
Keen The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p46 Mrs. Murphy, nose keen, noted
Lane The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p263 down a paved two lane
Litter Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap16 I tried to save the whole litter
Lost/missing tooth The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg 6/14/19..p130 William Eggstrom with a missing tooth bid fifty cents
Mud The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p79 overalls with mud on them
Open window The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p208 the triple sash window, wide open
Postage Stamp California Girls by Susan Mallery..p272 Zennie's place was the size of a postage stamp
Potential The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p126 Susan cut off the potential lecture
Profile The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p236 Susan looked at her friends profile
Ribs California Girls by Susan Mallery..p113 BBQ spare ribs
Rookie Sleeping With Anemone by Kate Collins 5/19/19..chap4 as a rookie, he'd worked with my dad
Routine Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap2 just doing a routine security sweep
Rural The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p248 No T1 lines served her rural community
Sailboat California Girls by Susan Mallery p30 a couple of weeks on a sailboat
Scatter Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson 5/4/19..chap15 a few books and papers scattered
Shameless Ladies Who Punch by Ramin Setoodeh 5/28/19 chap7 next came a shameless plug
Tassel The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg 6/14/19..p194 white boots with tassels
Torrent The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p159 provoke an emotional torrent
Van Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson ...chap11 a delivery van screeched through the intersection

Bonus list
Asparagus The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p42 I'm also growing asparagus
Border crossing Love Lies Bleeding by Susan Wittig Albert 6/20/19..chap7 a half a dozen busy border crossings
Culture Ladies Who Punch by Ramin Setoodeh 5/28/19..chap1 issues in the culture
Diploma Mostly Sunny: How I Learned to Keep Smiling Through the Rainiest Days by Janice Dean 6/5/19..chap2 not only get my diploma
Major (college/university field of study) The Big Cat Nap by Rita Mae Brown 4/30/19..p225 Susan had been a business major
Michigan Mostly Sunny: How I Learned to Keep Smiling Through the Rainiest Days by Janice Dean 6/5/19..chap15 her doctorate in meteorology in Michigan
Moot Monument to the Dead by Sheila Connolly 6/10/19..p178 seemed kind of moot
Private Jet Executive Privilege by Phillip Margolin 5/30/19..p207 the lawyer had flown his private jet
Someone puts fuel in a vehicle California Girls by Susan Mallery 5/10/19..p353 Finola put the nozzle into her gas tank
Stethoscope Love Lies Bleeding by Susan Wittig Albert 6/20/19..chap12 Stethoscopes carelessly flung over their shoulders

Once Upon Stilettos (Enchanted, Inc., #2) by Shanna Swendson The Big Cat Nap (Mrs. Murphy, #20) by Rita Mae Brown California Girls by Susan Mallery Ten Beach Road (Ten Beach Road, #1) by Wendy Wax Sleeping With Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery, #9) by Kate Collins Ladies Who Punch by Ramin Setoodeh Mostly Sunny How I Learned to Keep Smiling Through the Rainiest Days by Janice Dean Executive Privilege (Dana Cutler, #1) by Phillip Margolin Monument to the Dead (Museum, #4) by Sheila Connolly The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg Love Lies Bleeding (China Bayles, #6) by Susan Wittig Albert Tiles and Tribulations (Den of Antiquity Mystery, #10) by Tamar Myers

message 9: by Cindy III (last edited May 20, 2019 02:03AM) (new)

Cindy III | 313 comments The Incredible Challenge Factory Scavenger Hunt XXX

Challenge rules:

The List
Accountant
Airport
Art
Basement
Batter
Bully
Celebrity

The Railway Children - E. Nesbit 4.21 - 5.12
Clumsy - "...It's only clumsy things like tablecloths and sheets that have to be rubbed." ch. vii for valour 44%
Fond - "It isn't because he's poor," said Phyllis; "it's because we're fond of him." ch. ix the pride of perks 58%
Fresh - "Did you like them?" said Phyllis; "they were as fresh as fresh. I made the needle-book, but it was Bobbie's present." ch. ix 58%
Keen - They are getting ready to fly away from cold winds and keen frost to the land where it is always summer. ch. xiv the end 96%
Mud - The people on the canal were, of course, the bargees, who steered the slow barges up and down, or walked beside the old horses that trampled up the mud of the towing-path, and strained at the log tow-ropes. ch. IV 24%
Van - The children watched the tail-lights of the guard's van disappear into the darkness. ch. I 7%

Crickets
Crumb
Delicate
Doorbell
Exclusive
Experiment
Favorite Color
Fertile
Foster
Hard hat
Highway/Freeway
Lane
Litter
Lost/missing tooth
Open window
Postage Stamp
Potential
Ribs
Rookie
Routine
Rural
Sailboat
Scatter
Shameless
Tassel
Torrent

Bonus list
Asparagus
Border crossing
Culture
Diploma
Major (college/university field of study)
Michigan
Moot
Private Jet
Someone puts fuel in a vehicle
Stethoscope

message 10: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 1874 comments All done. Post #6

message 11: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Barbara ★ wrote: "All done. Post #6"

Yay! Great job!

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2345 comments Update message # 5 - Challenge completed - 15May19

Begins: 01Apr19 / Ends: 30June19

40 / 40 main list words found
10 / 10 BONUS list words found
13 books read

THE LIST
Accountant - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 231 - "…be an accountant, but…"

Airport - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 82 - "…met us at the airport."

Art - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 166 - "…a piece of art."

Basement - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 249 - "…to the church basement."

Batter - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 166 - "…spoonfuls of the batter onto…"

Bully - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 88 - "I hate bullies, especially…"

Celebrity - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 198 - "…offer him more celebrity than…"

Clumsy - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 79 - "…his clumsy noise alerting…"

Crickets - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 79 - "…mostly on crickets and …"

Crumb - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 136 - "…picks up its crumb and…"

Delicate - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 132 - "…chosen this delicate moment…"

Doorbell - The Optimist's Guide to Letting Go ✔ – 27Apr19 - pg 121 - "…ring the doorbell, Olivia…"

Exclusive - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 226 - "…the exclusive property of…"

Experiment - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 5 - "…in a psychology experiment."

Favorite Color - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 409 - "Favorite color? … Blue."

Fertile - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 70 - "…the whole fertile expanse between…"

Fond - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 83 - "…toolmaker fond of wearing caps…"

Foster - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 99 - "…willing to foster some…"

Fresh - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 54 - "…coat of fresh paint."

Hard hat - Hissy Fit ✔ – 08May19 - pg 161 - "…men in hard hats clambered…"

Highway - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 311 - "Highway robbery, at that."

Keen - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 63 - "…kindred souls keen to restore…"

Lane - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 74 - "…house on Sunset Lane."

Litter - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 286 - "…stink of the litter boxes."

Lost/missing tooth - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 70 - "… gray hair, and his mostly toothless grin."

Mud - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 215 - "Inside the mud hut …"

Open window - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 176 - "…a window creaked open two…"

Postage Stamp - Girl Waits with Gun ✔ – 03May19 - pg 24 - "I'll post it … get a stamp."

Potential - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 111 - "…his potential replacement have…"

Profile - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 114 - "…personal profiles derived from…"

Ribs - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 118 - "…motoring against ribs in an…"

Rookie - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 126 - "…the rookie politician received…"

Routine - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 100 - "…third date, practically routine."

Rural - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 110 - "…choose this rural location…"

Sailboat - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 98 - "…by small sailboats whose…"

Scatter - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 203 - "…thump, scattering the kibble…"

Shameless - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 92 - "…skilled and shameless prevaricator…"

Tassel - Fascism: A Warning ✔ – 19Apr19 - pg 21 - "…dark fez-like cap with tassel."

Torrent - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 203 - "…down in torrents and the…"

Van - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 306 - "…then a white van."

BONUS list
Asparagus - Hissy Fit ✔ – 08May19 - pg 216 - "chilled, poached aspragus."

Border crossing - The Alice Network ✔ – 10Apr19 - pg 216 - "…through a border crossing."

Culture - Mango Elephants in the Sun ✔ – 05Apr19 - pg 141 - "…different culture would work."

Diploma - My Brilliant Friend ✔ – 15Apr19 - pg 79 - "...got her diploma with..."

Major (college/university field of study) - We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves ✔ – 05May19 - pg 134 - "…a junior majoring in art history…"

Michigan - An Appetite for Murder ✔ – 12Apr19 - pg 213 - "Michigan in winter?"

Moot - Carols and Chaos ✔ – 16Apr19 - pg 2 - "It was a moot point."

Private Jet - Santa Cruise ✔ – 28Apr19 - pg 21 - "… to board the private plane to Miami."

Someone puts fuel in a vehicle - The Dog Who Saved Me ✔ – 09Apr19 - pg 21 - "I'm gassing up my truck as …"

Stethoscope - Bittersweet ✔ – 15May19 - pg 323 - "…a stethoscope, glass slide…"

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2345 comments Hi, Deb ... did you notice that I've completed this challenge?

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise | 649 comments Finished

38/40 list of words
10/10 bonus words

Accountant – “Those who say we are a nation of accountants lie.” P. 82 The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Itrube 4.8.19

Airport “She must leave for the airport at eight.” P. 228 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Art – “There was art on their walls.” P. 3 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Basement – “There’s a ladder in the basement.” P. 31 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Batter “Did you or your partner batter Cicely Greenspan and threaten…” p. 376Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Bully “I don’t really want him – he’ll bully the others out of the way.” P. 31 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Celebrity “…he became an international celebrity.” P. 102 The Alienist by Caleb Carr 4.30.19

Clumsy – “A little clumsy - a butter knife was dropped.” P.254 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Crickets - “can’t sleep at night because of the bellowing of the crickets.” P. 61 Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Crumb – “You won’t get a crumb more from me.” P. 328 The Librarian of Auschwitzby Antonio Itrube 4.8.19

Delicate “…the subtle and delicate arrangement of black and white that was the finished print.” P. 24 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Doorbell “I kissed her and then rang the doorbell.” P. 51 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.4.19

Exclusive “Her brothers…had long since been hived off into an exclusive male world” p. 4 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Experiment – “I think the Feds’re doing experiments on ‘em.” P. 119 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Fertile “…at the grammar school there had been that fertile ground of the Art Room.” P. 10 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Fond “Molly said she was especially fond of flower arranging.” P. 90 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Foster –“…to foster the illusion that another, even larger invasion, would soon strike.” P. 321 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies by Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Fresh “…a charming girl, in fact a breath of fresh air.” P. 91 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Highway/Freeway “…but as soon as you abandoned those dictatorial highways you had slipped off into another sphere.” P. 241 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Keen “I am keen to improve my French.” P. 91 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Lane “The cottage stood beside a lane.” P. 15 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Litter “…took enough pride of place not to litter up the lobby…” p. 34 Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Lost or Missing Tooth - “Molly had her seventh birthday, lost a front tooth…” p. 71Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Mud “The water coming in warm over the mud, your feet sinking in” p. 256 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Open window - “taken me within a few yards of the open window.” P. 17 Carry On, Jeevesby P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Postage Stamp “A cigarette lighter, a cough drop, a postage stamp, a slightly bent cigarette, a toothpick, a handkerchief, a pen, two five shekel coins.” P. 87 Suddenly, a Knock on the Door by Etgar Keret 5.7.19

Potential “He learned the possibilities of the form, the potential.” P. 14 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Profile “She has graduated from roundups of lamp shades and cutlery to the occasional interview and profile.” P. 171 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Ribs “He’s got some broken ribs.” P. 250 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Rookie – “Hell, a one-eyed rookie would’ve spotted them.” P. 278 Connections in Death by J.D. Robb 4.21.19

Routine “…pitched into their bright company from the exacting daily routine of the Heron Press.” P. 29Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Rural “…could put up a passable show of rural interest.” P. 40 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Sailboat “…standing on the front of a sailboat at the Detroit Yacht Club.”82 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Scatter – “There is a small village – a scatter of buildings and a café.” P. 210 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Shameless “there are no drunken dancing men, no shameless flaunting women.” P. 117 Carry On, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 4.12.19

Tassel “ And the Middle Ages, roaring like a bear under somebody’s tasseled banner reappear as a “witch hunt” someplace.” P. 39 Almost at the End by Yevgeny Yevtushenko 4.15.19

Torrent “The water underneath me rose to six inches, then eight, pushing at me, rushing through in a torrent.” P. 290 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Van – “She likes packing cases and removal vans.” P. 134 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Bonus:

Asparagus “tiny gold potatoes, tender spears of asparagus.” P. 115 Leverage in Death by J.D. Robb 4.11.19

Border crossing “The boot arrived at Badajaz , the border crossing into Spain.” P. 274 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spiesby Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Culture – “The purveying of culture had become a public good.” P. 137 Consequencesby Penelope Lively 4.4.19

Diploma – “…a deeply eccentric Spaniard with a diploma in chicken farming.” P. 5 Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spiesby Ben Macintyre 4.9.19

Major (college/university field of study) – “plans to major in environmental studies…” p. 6 Summer of '69 by Todd Strasser 5.5.19

Michigan”I thought I’d stay in Michigan.” P. 53 Detroit Breakdown by D.E. Johnson 4.7.19

Moot “…but that was a moot point.” P. 149 The Day is Dark by Yrsa Sigurdardottir 5.12.19

Private Jet – “Private shuttle. We got the scratch for it, and enough to buy some pilot’s silence.” P. 373 Leverage in Death by J.D.Robb 4.11.19

Someone puts fuel in a vehicle- “stopped for gas at the Shell station at Wisconsin Ave. and Ellicott St”p. 382 The Other WomanbyDaniel Silva 6.9.19

Stethoscope – “He had a stethoscope around his neck.” P. 77 Consequences by Penelope Lively 4.4.19

The List - words to find

Favorite Color
Hard hat

message 15: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Hi, Deb ... did you notice that I've completed this challenge?"

I had not! But I've also been in the hospital! Congrats to you and the others in their successful finds! :-)

message 16: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2345 comments Sorry to hear about your hospitalization ... Hope you are on the mend now.

message 17: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1752 comments Finished - Message 7

message 18: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 82 comments Finished the basic list 4/13/20

Still looking for one bonus word "private jet"

40/40 plus 9/10 bonus words

Challenge rules:

✔Accountant-p.155-The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"...Wang Yu, ....worked as an accountant for a magazine publisher." 4/2/19
✔Airport-p.8- Time and Tide: The Islands of Tuvalu-"Funafuti is....also the site of the only working airport." 5/3/19
✔Art-p.188-The Map Thief-"...and recovering more than 4150 million worth of art and heirlooms..." 4/4/19
✔Basement-p.16-Wise Children-"...his granddaughters now sit in silk camiknickers in the basemen..." 4/17/19
✔Bully-p.116-Two Old Fools on a Camel: From Spain to Bahrain and Back Again-"She better not try bully me!'" 8/2/19
✔Celebrity-p.38-Wise Children-"She also did celebrity guest appearances..." 4/19/19
✔Clumsy-p.52-Balthazar-"The gesture itself was simply a clumsy attempt to appropriate the mystery of true experience..." 4/21/19
✔Crickets-p.147-A Suitable Boy-"...she saw him and another student, both wearing cricket clothes..." 4/3/19
✔Delicate-p.50-Cranford-"This was the first letter, ticketed in a frail, delicate hand." 4/14/19
✔Exclusive-p.189- The Third Man and the Loser Takes All-"Where can we go that is quiet...and exclusive?" 7/28/19
✔Experiment-p.620- The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe-"Common experiments in Natural Philosphy." (in footnote)4/14/19
✔Favorite Color- p.93- Cranford-"...which she would not now more particularly describe, only sea-green was her favorite colour." 6/6/19
✔Fertile-loc.27359 of the Kindle edition of The Holy Bible: English Standard Version-"My beloved had a vineyard on a very fertile hill." 4/13/19
✔Foster-p.48- They Both Die at the End-"It's possible I'm gonna die at the hands of my foster father..." 4/4/19
✔Fresh-p.151-Sexing the Cherry-"...and the fat still fresh around his mouth..." 4/4/18
✔Hard hat-p.35-Loitering with Intent-"...my painting of two women with red pompoms in their brown hard hats driving a carriage..." 5/13/19
✔Highway/Freeway-p.69-Russell Baker's Book of American Humor-"On the highway. how do you think that felt?" 4/11/19
✔Keen- p.113- The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"If the man was very keen or family tradition dictated it..." 4/1/19
✔Lane-p.333-The Old Curiosity Shop-"But, before they had reached the corner of the lane, the man came running..." 4/3/19
✔Litter-p.93-The Arabian Nights-"...he ordered the servants to prepare a litter with a canopy..." 4/21/19
✔Lost/missing tooth-p.143-Wise Children-"...the way you miss a toothache when you lose a tooth." 5/7/19
✔Mud-p.112- The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices-"All I am good for is wiping mud off feet." 4/1/19
✔Open window-p.383- In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower-"...the servant on duty...had opened the window at the far end..." 4/13/19
✔Postage Stamp-p.254-In a Sunburned Country-"And how much are postage stamps for America?" 5/18/19
✔Potential-p.75-They Both Die at the End-"I was talking to potential Last Friends..." 4/18/19
✔Profile- p.74-They Both Die at the End-"...but he likes my Luigi hat from my profile picture." 4/18/19
✔Ribs-p.508-The Old Curiosity Shop-"If I could only fold you in my arms, and squeeze your ribs..." 4/13/19
✔Rookie-p.102-Artemis Fowl - "As a rookie, he'd been placed on report himself for that exact offence."
✔Routine-p.127-A Lost Lady-"...and he had been attending to the routine of business." 5/3/19
✔Rural-p.15-Lab Girl-"This was an unusual recognition for a female growing up in a rural area..." 5/3/19
✔Sailboat-p.213-In a Sunburned Country-"I asked Allan, who once owned a sailboat..." 5/13/19
✔Scatter-p.86-The Arabian Nights-"...I'm about to mount my horse and charge your army and scatter them left and right!" 4/19/19
✔Shameless-p.149-The Private Dining-room and Other Verses-"The entire citizenry is shameless." 4/8/19
✔Tassel-p.432- The Old Curiosity Shop-"...and wrenched the tassel from his nightcap instead." 4/10/19
✔Torrent-p.184-Close Range-"...Bad Girl, a big, brindle, foaming torrent, bank full and over..." 4/13/20
✔Van-p.49- Morituri-"No less than six police cars and two prison vans surround a villa..." 4/15/19

Bonus list
✔Asparagus-p.44-Moonraker-"Asparagus with Bearnaise sauce sounds wonderful." 4/8/19
✔Border crossing-p.63- I Am There: Armenia-"...pushing a stroller and our luggage across an icy bridge that served as a border crossing." 7/22/19
✔Culture-p.43-They Both Die at the End-"...guests can experience the cultures and environments of different countries and cities." 4/4/19
✔Diploma-p.81- Lab Girl- "...while the other graduates were hugged and photographed everyone beaming over their diplomas." 5/7/19
✔Major (college/university field of study)-p.153-Wise Children-"...she was a Bryn Mawr graduate, English major..." 5/7/19
✔Michigan-p.48-Around the Edge-"...phoned him with congratulations when he won the Michigan primary..." 4/21/19
✔Moot-p.170-The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History-"...a well-placed reserve becomes, if not exactly moot, then certainly a lot more problematic." 6/27/19
Private Jet
✔Someone puts fuel in a vehicle-p.135-Lab Girl-"Pumping gas is not normally much of a high-adrenaline activity, but watching Bill slop the nozzle over the van's sparking muffler with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth could really get your pulse racing.: 5/9/19
✔Stethoscope-p.145-Sexing the Cherry-"...not if he listened to my heartbeat with a stethoscope." 4/4/19

message 19: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Ed wrote: "Finished the basic list 4/13/20

Still looking for one bonus word "private jet" ..."

Great job, Ed! Keep in mind, I allow flexibility. Unless it's otherwise indicated, it does not need to be the exact word/phrase. Hopefully that will help you out.

I LOVE your perseverance!

message 20: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 82 comments *****COMPLETED 7/26/20*****

Challenge rules:

Bonus list
✔Private Jet-p.119- A Study in Charlotte-"We went through lists of private airstrips and private jets." 7/26/20

message 21: by Deb (new)

Deb (chiana) | 510 comments Ed wrote: "*****COMPLETED 7/26/20*****

Challenge rules:
•This ..."

Well done!!!