Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

East of West, Vol. 1: The Promise
This topic is about East of West, Vol. 1
Book Clubs! > East of West Comic Book Thread

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Starting with vol 1 on April 1st.

message 2: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Not what I was expecting at all pretty cool but confusing start.

message 3: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Volume 2: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Volume 3: (view spoiler)

message 5: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Volume 4: (view spoiler)

MorteTorment(Unofficial World's Fastest Reader) | 385 comments Oh wow, a volume a day? Wow!

I'll try reading the first volume today.

message 7: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments Ok cool. I think I missed commenting on the last but it was really good. Hope you will like it. I want to continue at some point.

MorteTorment(Unofficial World's Fastest Reader) | 385 comments Ok, I'm reading the trade, and it's hard to understand when a chapter ends, but I'm like 42 pages into volume 1.

But anyways, I remember trying to read this before, completely confused about what was going on, and I had to force myself to get as far as I did.

I'm still not entirely sure what's going on, but I do understand a little more this time, or at least I think I do. The 3 main characters are sorta undead, and they're indigenous americans, and they're taking out a bunch of bigots that fucked up their lives before. That I like, a LOT!

That said, there's clearly more to this than that that I'm not getting Bill. I know this because...well, for one you need a lot of substance to enjoy a graphic novel considering how much you hated(or at least didn't enjoy) Jupiter's Legacy, and Reborn. So I'd really appreciate it if you tried to explain what's going on in the first volume, which I should be done with in less an hour.

MorteTorment(Unofficial World's Fastest Reader) | 385 comments Ok, sit turns out when I wrote that post I was at the end of Chapter 1, and after finishing the entire volume now I need to say that I AM SO HOPELESSLY LOST! Please Bill, explain to me what's going on if you're willing.

message 10: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments I’m with you on it being pretty confusing. So as for what I’ve worked out. The four horseman of the apocalypse(the three kids and death) are working to bring about the end of the world. At some point Death met his wife and had a kid and no longer wanted the end of the world. The other 3 had their pawns stage the wife and kids death. Death is now trying to take them out while also avenging himself on the pawns.

The world is ours but I think it was the revolutionary war that never happened so the USA was divided into several nations instead. I don’t know where Death picked up his two henchmen but am guessing that will come out in future issues.

They really throw you in the deep end with this series. Hope some portion of these ramblings were helpful.