Anyone Else? discussion

Monthly Book > Curse So Dark and Lonely

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

Karsyn   Shae “No mourners. No funerals.”~The Crows (karsynshae) | 747 comments Mod
On the 13th chapter! Love, love, love it!
The only thing is that there is gay stuff, and crude name calling. 😒

message 2: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) I totally forgot about the book! How could I? Man... I'll have to start on that.

message 3: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Yeah, I haven't gotten it yet. I would love to know whether or not it's clean before I read it.

message 4: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Same.

message 5: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

Karsyn   Shae “No mourners. No funerals.”~The Crows (karsynshae) | 747 comments Mod
I think it's just about as bad as Renegades, maybe a little worse. The gay stuff is with Harper's brother Jake and his "friend" Noah. However, Harper finds out that Jake is in a relationship while looking at pictures. So there is no conversations about it.
When I read, bad words just fly over my head, so there are probably words in the book that I'm missing. But there have been a couple things that I caught. Crude words:wh*or* was used a couple times. And B*st*rd is used. Some mentions of a guy trying to get women to go to bed with him, and some other things I don't remember. If you do read the book you'll understand why the guy is doing that, let's just say he doesn't want to. I would recommend this book for 16+.

ElsaMakotoRenge (mantaicysnowflake) | 164 comments I still haven’t gotten the book yet but I’m looking forward to reading it!:)

message 7: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

It truly is an amazing book!!

message 8: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Okay, thanks, Karsyn!

message 9: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

No problem!

message 10: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Lol

message 11: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

Y'all will love it! I love this book, and will certainly be re-reading it.

message 12: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

I liked that the romance was light and sweet. And that the story was much more unique. All the other retellings of beauty and the beast that I've read usually have the same plot and storyline. But this one didn't. I also loved how the main character "Harper" had cerebral palsy, but it didn't stop her, in fact it made her better!.

message 13: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

It's both. Harper is from the our modern world, while the Prince is from a different world. It's kinda hard to explain.

message 14: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

I haven't read it yet😩 but it's on my tbr list!

message 15: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) It's on mine, too.

message 16: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

Oh, @Harper.
The main character "Harper" reminds me of you!! Not that we've ever met, but just reading your character on "the story of us" and your comments in general remind me of her!

message 17: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Haha. That's hilarious. I mean, it's not like we have the same name or anything.

message 18: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Lol

message 19: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper I started this book from yesterday it was really an amazing book but it is scary too

message 20: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

Yay!! Emily!! I know, the ending was....well....you know.

message 21: by Karsyn , The Sherlockian (new)

I know! 😭 He was my favorite character.
Does anyone know if there is a second book?

message 22: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Why did I just read that!!!!???

message 23: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Now I know what happens to Grey!!!!

message 24: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Okay, good. Lol

message 25: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Well, not about the second part. Lol

message 26: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Okay. I still can't wait to read it!

~TARDIS_Erin~{She~They} Lol this is late but I just finished the second book and they are so good! I hope they make it into a movie