Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Wuthering Heights
This topic is about Wuthering Heights
2019 Group Reads - MH Fiction > April fiction - Personality disorders fiction - "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marju Palmiste  | 9 comments For the month of April I chose "Wuthering Heights". Di suggested that borderline personality disorder is something that could be found in fiction so I literally just Googled that. Up came a list of books that include characters with the disorder (https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...). To my surprise, there were a lot of classics! So I just chose one of them.
I read some comments on the goodreads page of the book (I suggest you do not do the same - SPOILERS), so the utter loneliness and feeling of despair and just plain ... I don't want to say "evil", because I don't think they're evil, but ... I just can't wrap my head around the main characters. I think it fits. I don't think the writer had the disorder in mind while writing it, but it sure is interesting how it translates to this day.
I'm still trying to understand the characters and their behaviour and motives, so you're welcome to join me on this journey in April :)

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess) (alwaydaddygirl) | 541 comments Mod
I read this book before and I would not mind rereading again. Hopefully, this weekend I can.

Mahalo,
RM
🇺🇸🐾

Katy Jo Turner (katyjoturner) | 5 comments I’ve read this before and I’m curious about how this discussion will go!

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess) (alwaydaddygirl) | 541 comments Mod
Aloha All,

Not trying to step on toes. How are you liking the book? If you do not like it why?

No one has to answers the questions. It is not a requirement. We want this to be a fun learning journey and not something dreadful. Fun might be the wrong word. My apologies.

What exactly is Borderline Personality Disorder?

From National Institute of Health:

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topic...

I had to look it up for I was not completely familiar with it.

This is a short video from the National Institute of Health regarding Borderline Personality Disorder:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2z49b...

No one is forced to share their experiences or their loved ones. It is completely up to you.

Mahalo,
RM
🇺🇸🐾

Aloha All,

How are folks doing with this book, please?

Mahalo,
RM
🇺🇸🐾

message 6: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike Johnson | 1 comments I find this discussion an interesting one. I haven't read Wuthering Heights for a few years since I was about 17 and studying it at school. It gives a new perspective on the relationship between Cathy and Heathcliff.

Mike wrote: "I find this discussion an interesting one. I haven't read Wuthering Heights for a few years since I was about 17 and studying it at school. It gives a new perspective on the relationship between Ca..."

Ah, okay. Mahalo for sharing! If I may, hugsie.

Peace, Love, and Happiness
RM
🇺🇸🐾