What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lord of Snow and Shadows (Tears of Artamon, #1)
This topic is about Lord of Snow and Shadows
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy, king turning into dragon, fighting owl nation. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Coari | 6 comments Hey experts, I've been looking for this book for about 12 years and I'm really excited to see if someone can help me! Here's what I remember of the plot:

A young man needs to become a king due to a death in the family. The reason it needs to be him is due to a genetic trait in his family that will transform him into a fire-breathing monster, maybe a dragon or similar, and he can use his powers to defend the kingdom. In his spare time between turning into a monster he also survives assassination attempts and, oddly, tends to a flower garden.

The leader of the invading country was really interesting to me. His country used owls in combat, and there's a scene where he walks into a dinner party followed by hundreds of owls, and they tear the place apart. Finding the book would be worth it to re-read that chapter alone.

I don't remember much else, there's a subplot with the main character's sister who I think is studying or something. I also think I remember it being a female author, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

It is not related to Game of Thrones or Guardians of Ga'Hoole, which come up any time I reference dragons or owls, respectively :).

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for your time!

Ensign (ensignbell) | 28 comments Hey, this sounds like Lord of Snow and Shadows https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... written by Sarah Ash. The main character transforms into a dragon (monster) and there are lots of owls.

message 3: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Coari | 6 comments That's it, incredible!! Thank you so much, I've been searching for so long, this is a huge relief!!

message 4: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Coari | 6 comments SOLVED

Ensign got it, the book is
"Lord of Snow and Shadows" by Sarah Ash.

Thank you all!!

Ensign (ensignbell) | 28 comments cool im glad =)