What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mother's Helper
This topic is about Mother's Helper
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA thriller novel about babysitter on an island. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Averi (new)

Averi | 2 comments *This post contains spoilers ahead*

I read this book about 8-9 years ago (2010-2011) and I'm not sure when it was published. Looked like an older book but never checked. The book was in my elementary library. The cover had a crib on it and the title said something like "The babysitter" and the "slogan" on the book said "rock a bye-bye baby"

The book started with a girl who was tanning outside a house and she thinks she sees someone in the trees but no one comes out. We find out that this girl nannies for a lady who lives on an island and has a baby. The lady is pretty controlling and secretive (she's living on this island, for one.) . You have to take a ferry to get to the city and she isn't really allowed to go there often but when she was allowed to go, she met a boy there and they started to regularly meet up there.

We find out at the end of the book that the mom is so secretive and on this island because she had kidnapped the baby from the father. I vaguely remember the girl running in the forest by the house with the baby. Then at the end the mother caused a fire to the house, I can't remember why. But the girl wakes up, and the boy she was talking to was actually one of the firefighters.

This is all of the information I remember. Hopefully someone can help me out :)

message 2: by Andria (new)

message 3: by Averi (new)

Averi | 2 comments yes! thank you.