What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > 1990s Thriller about a flesh eating virus that travels by water

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments Trying to find a book I read a long time ago. All I can remember is that it had several different character points of view. It was about a flesh eating virus or bacteria that traveled through water. There were cut scenes describing the virus and who it was now infecting. Pretty sure it was published sometime in the 90s, likely late 90s. I want to say it had a one word title. Cannot think of anything else but really wanting to reread as I loved it.

message 2: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments I think the main plot was a team/person trying to stop the spread of the virus/disease.

message 3: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments I'm not a huge thriller reader but, written in 90s with a disease/medical bent makes me think of Robin Cook and a LOT of his books had one word titles. He might be worth checking, if you haven't done so already.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments That's definitely the feel of it but I just went through his bibliography and don't see the book I'm thinking of. This is the right direction though! I think it could be one of his contemporaries, publishing around the same time.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16196 comments Still looking, Tiffany?

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments I am. I do remember that I read this book around the same time that I read Subterranean by James Rollins. I think they came out around the same time.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33431 comments Mod
No zombies or vampires?

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments No, it was more science-y than fantasy.

message 10: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments No, that's not it. Thank you for suggesting it though!

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16196 comments Any chance it could be the same book Ash is looking for here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 12: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Piel | 7 comments I don't believe so. I distinctly remember it's not post apocalyptic. It's more science oriented. I feel like the cover of the book was all red and black.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Green Rain (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robin Cook (other topics)