What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Both Sides of Time (Time Travelers, #1)
This topic is about Both Sides of Time
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction, boy from present and girl from past, each time travels to the other's world, possibly two books or a series. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley (ashleynicoler) | 3 comments I read this book probably 10-15 years ago; I don't know how old it was then. I'm not sure if it's one book, two books, or a series. The main characters are a boy and girl who are either teenagers or young adults. A girl from the past, maybe 1700s or 1800s, time travels to the present day. I remember she is terrified as she rides in the front seat of the boy's car and see other cars zooming by and thinks the boy has strapped her down because of the seatbelt. She sees some joggers and is appalled that girls aren't wearing dresses and are wearing clothes that look like skin (spandex). Then either in the same book or maybe another book that goes with it, the boy travels to the past where she lives. I don't know the time period she's from, but I remember the women all wore long dresses and corsets.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Apr 06, 2019 02:41PM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Ashley, can you tell us more about the main characters - is there romance, their skills/interests/jobs, rich/poor, what's important to them, where do they first meet, etc.? Is she on a mission?

How does the girl travel to the present day? From what location?

What's the present day location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley (ashleynicoler) | 3 comments I think I've figured it out! I stumbled across these books while searching for good books for my fifth graders this week. It sounds like what I remember!

The Time Traveler series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4345...

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your series, Ashley. If you find this isn't the right one, just come back and we can move your request back to the "Unsolved" folder.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16824 comments Both Sides of Time for the trackable link.