2021 Reading Challenge discussion

Morning Star (Red Rising Saga, #3)
This topic is about Morning Star
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2019 > Morning Star (Red Rising #3)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new) - added it

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I’m still reading the second book. Hoping to get to the third in May

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 728 comments I'm a bit behind with the series as well. For some reason, I just had it in my head that this was a trilogy. So I ended up picking up Iron Gold for this month rather than Morning Star. Even got a few sentences in before realizing that I was reading the wrong book lol. Going to the bookstore to pick up Morning Star tomorrow!

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 728 comments Thanks so much, Kristin :)

Raviteja (fraggerbot) | 322 comments I just started reading this series. I hope to be with this book by the last week of May.

message 5: by Scott (new) - added it

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I’ve been missing a lot of the details in this series but still enjoying it. So I restarted.

Something I find weird about Darrow. At the start of the series he is a complete idiot about his situation. His wife, dad, and uncle at least realize they are slaves. But later after his eye opening event he suddenly is a genius when he takes the entrance exam. Maybe he always was genius just susceptible to the gold propaganda.

message 6: by Scott (new) - added it

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I finished rereading the first book. Much better the second time and my understanding of the plot and characters is much higher. I’m going to restart and read the second book next.

Joan Barnett | 790 comments Scott wrote: "I finished rereading the first book. Much better the second time and my understanding of the plot and characters is much higher. I’m going to restart and read the second book next."

Maybe I should reread the first one. I have the second one and I've started it but I just get stuck reading it. I agree that all of a sudden he seemed like a genius. Some of it just seemed a little far fetched.

message 8: by Scott (new) - added it

Scott Flicker | 1191 comments I think what confused me were the house memberships along with the factions within the houses. I guess I was thinking along the lines of Harry Potter where all the Slytherin are unified and opposed to gryffindor. But red rising is way more complicated along with deadlier.

Joan Barnett | 790 comments Scott wrote: "I think what confused me were the house memberships along with the factions within the houses. I guess I was thinking along the lines of Harry Potter where all the Slytherin are unified and opposed..."

I'm finally getting back into reading the second book. All of the names are confusing the crud out of me. Like I can't keep Cassius' family straight. I can't for the life of me remember who Evey is either. I think I remember but not sure. I'm just trying to power through to see if I get the hang of it. I'm almost done part 1.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.