2021 Reading Challenge discussion

Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3)
This topic is about Waistcoats & Weaponry
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2019 > Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School #3)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan | 150 comments Well, I've finished this one and am probably dropping out for the fourth... because I think I'm going to read it now instead of waiting until May.

Non-spoilery overall thoughts -- it's even better than the second one. The threads of the overall series plot are really coming together.

This one also seemed to pull heavily on the Parasol Protectorate series... to the point where I wonder if people who haven't read it were a little confused. (view spoiler) Anyone who hasn't read the first series want to chime in on that?

On Soap, with spoilers to the end of Session Four:
(view spoiler)

On Soap, with spoilers to the end of the book:
(view spoiler)

On Felix Mersey, with non-specific spoilers to the end of Session Eleven:
(view spoiler)

On Felix Mersey, with spoilers to the end of the book:
(view spoiler)

Ketty (bowsandbooks) | 247 comments I too have already read this and the fourth book.

I have not read the Parasol Protectorate series and I was not confused when I read this or any of it really. I think she did a very good job in that aspect.

End of the book - (view spoiler)

Felix - (view spoiler)

Having read all the books already, because I could not wait, this one was my favorite in the whole series. While my favorite quote was from the last book, I found this one to be the best.

Megan | 150 comments @Ketty re: End of the book

(view spoiler)

And now that I've finished the last book, I agree that this is the best of them. Everything really just gelled in this one.

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 728 comments I've been meaning to come in and have a chat about the book since reading it near the beginning of the month but kept forgetting!

Have to agree with the general consensus - this has been my favorite book of the series. I'm really enjoying how the layers have started to come together and, as you mentioned Megan, glad to see that it's gotten a bit darker and more involved as we've gone on.

Regarding Felix, (view spoiler)

I was hoping to see Lord A make an appearance in this book. He was one of my favorite characters in the Parasol Protectorate books so it would be great to see more of him in this series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.