Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > 2019 April Birthdays LIH

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melinda (last edited Mar 30, 2019 05:54PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Ready for the start of another month. Cleaning up and getting ready for Our next birthday month, April, starts out with with a birthday which is no April's Fool,so hoping everyone has a good day.
will put up the list in a few minutes..
I have refreshed the ice tea and put it in the icebox as well as the lemonade and milk. I have put the coffee pots and the pots for hot water for tea on a timer so they should be ready when you all come thru.

I am putting daffodils in the vases on the tables with yellow & white checkered tablecloths with flowers on the edges.

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments The list for April is as follows:
April 1- Carla Capshaw
April 14 – Cheryl
April 15- Gee , Jennifer
April 17 -Lauri K and Lenora Worth
April 19, Katie,
April 23- Sam
April 24- Melinda
April 26 - Gabrielle
April 27- Margaret and Jenn

If you have a birthday let us know so we all can celebrate..

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Carla's birthday is April 1. I figured I would get things ready as Monday will be busy for me.

Happy Birthday, Carla! Hope you are doing something special.
I am adding cupcakes with purple icing to the table.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Carla!
I brought some lemon, poppyseed muffins to share.

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments I make two April's . I will delete it but here is AUSJenny's comment. Sorry about that.

message 2: by Ausjenny
Mar 31, 2019 01:59AM

Ausjenny |
Hard to believe its April tomorrow. Where is the year going. room looks lovely. Adding A Pineapple upside down cake

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Sorry about the extra post. My internet has been acting up. I am going to clean up and get ready for our next party a little early . We are having some rough weather tomorrow and I do not want to miss our next birthday.
Cleaning up and putting out the trash. Have to decide on the banners.

message 7: by Melinda (last edited Apr 12, 2019 08:57PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments I do not know about you but I think we need Spring colors. The banners are going to be in yellow, pink, purple,green for Spring and the birthdays that are coming up. I am adding balloons in these colors as well. I thought we could celebrate the next three so no mater what happens with the weather and the internet will will get the birthdays covered.

I have decided to use our plates that are either yellow, blue or pink so we continue the Spring theme colors. I have refreshed all of the drinks. The coffee pots are on a timer and have a warming try their. Hot water is there as well. The ice tea is in the ice box, all of the different types. There is water in the ice box if you want real cold water . A pitcher of water is out.

Our first birthday of the three is Sunday , April 14 and it is Cheryl's birthday. On Monday, April 15 we have a shared birthday for Gee , and Jennifer,

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Birthday, Cheryl!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
I am adding a Blueberry pie that has a graham cracker crust than the first layer is a mixture of cream cheese sugar and cool whip than a blueberry puree that has been cooked and strains. I will put cool whip out so you can add it if you want to.

message 9: by Melinda (last edited Apr 12, 2019 08:58PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy early Birthday to Gee and Jennifer!
Happy Birthday, Gee!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

I am adding s a strawberry delight cake-this is made with angel food cake and strawberries in a strawberry jello that you let just begin to gel then layer with cool whip on top.

For those who do not want sweets, I have added a vegetable tray and different kinds of dips if you want them.

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Belated Birthday, Carla! Hope it was a great day for you!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Cheryl! I'm bringing some Rocky Road Brownies!

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Cheryl!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Hope everyone who was in the bad weather this weekend is ok. We are but the internet and electric have gone off and on with the continuing wind so I am glad that the birthday for April 15 is taken care of .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Gee and Jennifer! Have a wonderful day!

I have added ice cream. It is in the freezer so you can get your favorite kind .

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments I brought a chocolate birthday cake decorated with vanilla buttercream spring flowers in lovely spring colors. It certainly brightens up this snowy day.

Happy Birthday, Gee!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Gee!!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

I will bring some bread pudding.

message 15: by Melinda (last edited Apr 15, 2019 10:16PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Andrea wrote: "I brought a chocolate birthday cake decorated with vanilla buttercream spring flowers in lovely spring colors. It certainly brightens up this snowy day.

Happy Birthday, Gee!
Happy Birthday, Jennifer!"

Andrea,
Looks wonderful. I will have a piece. So glad that you dropped by Hope things are well .

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Becky wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday, Gee!!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

I will bring some bread pudding."

Hi, Becky! The bread pudding sounds wonderful.

message 17: by Melinda (last edited Apr 16, 2019 07:58PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Getting ready for our next birthdays. Refreshed the drinks and pot the coffee pot on the timer.

Our last good day of weather before it gets severe again if the weatherman is right for Mississippi.

Putting our decorations for tomorrow, banners colors of light blue and almond. The tablecloths are light almond color and floral vases are full of yellow daffodils.
Our next birthdays are two for April 17.

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Birthday to our two birthday ladies, Lauri K and Lenora Worth!

Hope you both do something special and have a wonderful day!

I am adding Dutch apple pie to the table. there is a tray of fruit on the table as well.

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Laura K!!!

Happy, Happy Birthday, Lenora Worth!!!!

Trying out cheesecakes for our son's wedding, so I will bring a maple bacon cheesecake.

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Lenora Worth!
Happy Birthday, Laura K.!

I hope you each have a wonderful day!

I added a tray of oatmeal craisin cookies to the table!

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Cleaning up and setting up for our next birthday.which is April 19.

Refreshing the drinks and changing table clothes to blue and white checked cloths. Hanging new Banners for our next birthday in blue and white.
I am adding the strawberry delight-this is made with angel food cake and strawberries in a strawberry jello that you let just begin to gel then layer with cool whip on top

message 22: by Melinda (last edited Apr 18, 2019 07:24PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Birthday, Katie!
Have a wonderful day! Enjoy your self.

message 23: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments The room looks very festive, Melinda! Thank you for all you do.
I'm really wanting strawberries and angel food cake now.

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Katie!

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Katie! Hope you had a wonderful day!

message 26: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you are all having a nice day!

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Melinda wrote: "Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you are all having a nice day!"

Thanks, Melinda! Hope you are also having a wonderful day!

message 28: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Becky wrote: "Melinda wrote: "Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you are all having a nice day!"

Thanks, Melinda! Hope you are also having a wonderful day!"

It was a nice quiet day for us plus we had sun.

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Cleaning up and refreshing the drinks so that they are ready as you all drop in.
Hanging banners in shades of purple for our next birthday!
April 23 is Sam's birthday!

message 30: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Birthday , Sam!
Have a wonderful day!
I am adding a strawberry shortcake made from Louisiana strawberries which are in season now so they are fresh.

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Sam!!!

message 32: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Sam, Happy Birthday!

Happy Book World Book Day too!
I've added a selection of our favorite Love Inspired Historical books to the table should anyone wish to sit for a while and read.

message 33: by Andrea (last edited Apr 23, 2019 06:50PM) (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Surprise, I came and cleaned everything up. Refreshed and refilled all the drinks.
Multi-colored banners are hung.
I put out pots of fresh spring flowers, on all the tables. (I'll plant the bulbs from the pots later.)

Let's all wish Melinda a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. 4/24

message 34: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Melinda!

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Andrea wrote: "Surprise, I came and cleaned everything up. Refreshed and refilled all the drinks.
Multi-colored banners are hung.
I put out pots of fresh spring flowers, on all the tables. (I'll plant the bulbs..."

Thank you so much Andrea! I love the flowers. Mom, Dad and I are going out for a late lunch at a favorite restaurant. Instead of Dinner, we are having cake and ice cream.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Becky wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday, Melinda!"

Thanks , Becky! I will sit on the screened in porch and watch the birds and squirrels and read a little between our late lunch and the cake and ice cream

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy, Happy Birthday Melinda!
Have a wonderful day!
Cake and ice cream sounds like a good dinner to me!

message 38: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Andrea wrote: "Happy, Happy Birthday Melinda!
Have a wonderful day!
Cake and ice cream sounds like a good dinner to me!"

It was a good dinner.

message 39: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Cleaning up and getting ready for our next birthday, April 26.
Refreshing all of the drinks. Hanging the banners in many shades of green as spring unfolds, pretty tulips in vases on tables for Gabrielle's birthday tomorrow,April 26.

message 40: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy birthday, Gabrielle! Hope you have a special day. I am adding a peach pie to the table.

message 41: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Gabrielle!

message 42: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Gabrielle! Making apple crisp to bring.

message 43: by Melinda (last edited Apr 26, 2019 07:38PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Last of our birthdays this month, I am hanging banners crossing the ceiling in yellow for the sunny day and heavenly blue for the skies and throwing in a dash of orange . Refreshing the drinks. Refreshing the flowers .

A double birthday tomorrow! April 27 is birthday for two of our ladies!

Happy Birthday Margaret! Happy Birthday, Jenn!

message 44: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Happy Birthday Margaret! Happy Birthday, Jenn!
Wishing you both a very special day!

I am adding a fresh fruit tray to the table.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Margaret!
Happy Birthday, Jenn!

I brought a snow cone machine and an assortment of flavors. I figure it's fitting since it is snowing out my door right now.
I hope you both have a wonderful day!

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 668 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Margaret and Jenn!!

message 47: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments End of a month. Getting cleaned up for our next month and the next birthdays. Taking the trash out. Cleaning the hall. It was a good month as we celebrated . See you all next month.

message 48: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Andrea wrote: "Happy Birthday, Margaret!
Happy Birthday, Jenn!

I brought a snow cone machine and an assortment of flavors. I figure it's fitting since it is snowing out my door right now.
I hope you both have ..."

The snow cones were great as it is getting warm here in South Mississippi . Sorry you are having snow so late.

message 49: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Melinda wrote: "End of a month. Getting cleaned up for our next month and the next birthdays. Taking the trash out. Cleaning the hall. It was a good month as we celebrated . See you all next month."

Thank you, Melinda!
ps. The rain melted the snow.

message 50: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2531 comments Andrea wrote: "Melinda wrote: "End of a month. Getting cleaned up for our next month and the next birthdays. Taking the trash out. Cleaning the hall. It was a good month as we celebrated . See you all next month...."

Now you can have Spring.