What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Contemporary romance where H owns security company and guards a senator's daughter

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahreadsromance) Hey,

Does anyone know the name of this book please and thanks.

I think I read the book somewhere between 2011 and 2014. It's a contemporary romance/ romantic suspence.
The book is about a man who owns a security company with some friends and he is guarding a senator's daughter (or some type of politician). The woman he is guarding is the black sheep of the family and both main characters are trying to resist one another. I also remember they sgare a super angsty kiss each on a kitchen counter...

Sorry that it's horribly vague but it's all I can remember about it. I've been racking my brain and googling my heart out but nothing lol

Thanks for the help,

Sarah

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Fuller | 31 comments could it be heat by aubrey irons

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleynicoler) | 3 comments It could be Against All Odds by Irene Hannon.

"For FBI Hostage Rescue Team member Evan Cooper and his partner, dignitary protection duty should have been a piece of cake. Unfortunately, Monica Callahan isn't making it easy. Estranged from her diplomat father--who is involved in a sensitive hostage situation in the Middle East--she refuses to be intimidated by a related terrorist threat back in the States. That is, until a chilling warning convinces her that the danger is very real--and escalating."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

If this is it, I recommend you read the rest of the series. They're all good!

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahreadsromance) Oh awesome, I think Against All Odds is the book I'm looking for. I even remember the names now from the description. This must be it!

Thank you guys so much. I can't believe you found it with that vague description. I've been wanting to buy it and check out the rest of the series too. Maybe I'll even check out Heat. Thanks!
:D
- Sarah

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahreadsromance) I checked out a preview of Against All Odds and I turns out it isn't the one I'm looking for.
Sorry, I read the description and got carried away. I even thought I recognized the names.
Think I'll still read it though...
The one I'm looking for doesn't have dual POV with the villain type characters and I don't think the H was FBI but owned his own protection firm.

Thanks! Sorry for the mix up...

message 6: by Sharlene (new)

Sharlene (swegner) | 44 comments How about Fiance by Friday? Gwen is the daughter of a Duke, but living in America. Neil is a body guard. Fiancé by Friday

message 7: by Mrs.soule (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) | 109 comments I think there was a Senator with a daughter in the Black Ops Inc series by Cindy Gerard: https://www.goodreads.com/series/4432...

She had a slow burn romance with one of the team members over the series and I believe the last book is when they finally get their HEA:
Last Man Standing (Black Ops Inc., #7) by Cindy Gerard

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahreadsromance) Thanks a bunch for the help but these aren't the book I'm afraid. I wish I remembered more about it lol but the heroine was either in college or fresh out of college...

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Sarah left the group and this got moved to Abandoned.