A Good Thriller discussion

PIFM - Archive > PIFM - May 2019 Read

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet , Moderator (last edited Mar 30, 2019 03:26PM) (new)

Janet  | 5671 comments Mod
Hello all!

The time has come to choose your book selections for your May 2019 read in the PIFM challenge.

The rules are:-

* You can choose any number of books. A minimum of two and up to a maximum of 10.

* Please, only ONE MESSAGE per member. That means NO REPLYING or CHATTING in this thread.

* Once you have made your selections and posted, when your votes start to come in you can then add your votes cast by other members beneath your book titles ie. the following might be how my list would look:-

The Good Samaritan - Will Carver
x 1 - Janet

Fatal Promise - Angela Marsons
x 1 - Perri
x 1 - Val

How you post is your choice, you can link, do pictures, the above is just an example. The key is that you stick with the one message and update it as the votes come in. Your list can be placed when the May 2019 threads go up.

message 2: by Patricia (last edited Apr 08, 2019 09:56PM) (new)

Patricia Bergman (marshop) | 1097 comments My May list -

Remembering Shanghai A Memoir of Socialites, Scholars and Scoundrels by Claire Chao Remembering Shanghai: A Memoir of Socialites, Scholars and Scoundrels
Perri - Donna

Sweetpea (Sweetpea, #1) by C.J. Skuse Sweetpea
Mandy - Dana - Sophie - Christine

Citizens Creek by Lalita Tademy Citizens Creek

The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8) by Louise Penny The Beautiful Mystery
Kirsten - Tonya

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles, #1) by Jeffrey Archer Only Time Will Tell
Vicki - Melanie

message 3: by Mandy (last edited Apr 30, 2019 11:48AM) (new)

Mandy (penn_y_lane) | 554 comments 1. Break No Bones - Sophie

2. The Silent Girl - Patricia, Dana, Donna, Christine, Tonya, Melanie

3. Let Me Go

4. Thinner - Perri, Vicki, Melanie

5. The Ashes of London - Kirsten

6. The Anatomist's Dream

The Anatomist's Dream by Clio Gray The Ashes of London (Marwood and Lovett, #1) by Andrew Taylor Thinner by Richard Bachman Let Me Go (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell, #6) by Chelsea Cain The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9) by Tess Gerritsen Break No Bones (Temperance Brennan, #9) by Kathy Reichs

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Apr 06, 2019 03:30PM) (new)

Melanie | 178 comments I'm back in for May! These can help me with the Alphabet Challenge 🙂

1. Animosity. James Newman
Patricia, Vicki
2. The Man Who Cast Two Shadows. Carol O'Connell
3. The Babes in the Wood. Ruth Rendell
4. The Water's Lovely. Ruth Rendell
Perri
5. Black Out. Lisa Unger
Mandy, Dana, Sophie, Tonya
6. The Child's Child. Barbara Vine
7. A Dark-Adapted Eye. Barbara Vine
Kirsten, Donna

Animosity by James Newman The Man Who Cast Two Shadows (Kathleen Mallory, #2) by Carol O'Connell The Babes in the Wood (Inspector Wexford, #19) by Ruth Rendell The Water's Lovely by Ruth Rendell Black Out by Lisa Unger The Child's Child by Barbara Vine A Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine

message 6: by Kirsten (last edited Apr 22, 2019 11:54AM) (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 7907 comments The book series with only 5 left:

Dog Lovers Mysteries by Susan Conant
Bride & Groom (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #16) by Susan Conant Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17) by Susan Conant All Shots (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #18) by Susan Conant Brute Strength (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #19) by Susan Conant Sire and Damn (A Dog Lover's Mystery #20) by Susan Conant

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷 - Perri, Dana, Donna, Sophie, Vicki Willis, Tonya, Melanie

Mercedes (Mercy) Thompson by Patricia Briggs
Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Shifting Shadows (Mercy Thompson #0.1, #0.6, #0.8, #1.5, #4.5, #5.5, #7.4) by Patricia Briggs Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10) by Patricia Briggs Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11) by Patricia Briggs

🌷🌷🌷 - Mandy, Patricia, Christine

Jade del Cameron by Suzanne Arruda
The Serpent's Daughter by Suzanne Arruda The Leopard's Prey by Suzanne Arruda Treasure of the Golden Cheetah (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #5) by Suzanne Arruda The Crocodile's Last Embrace (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #6) by Suzanne Arruda Devil Dance (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #7) by Suzanne Arruda

Felix Gomez by Mario Acevedo
X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2) by Mario Acevedo Jailbait Zombie (Felix Gomez, #4) by Mario Acevedo Werewolf Smackdown (Felix Gomez, #5) by Mario Acevedo Rescue From Planet Pleasure by Mario Acevedo Steampunk Banditos Sex Slaves of Shark Island (Felix Gomez detective-vampire Book 7) by Mario Acevedo

Sonchai Jitpleecheep by John Burdett
Bangkok Tattoo (Sonchai Jitpleecheep #2) by John Burdett Bangkok Haunts (Sonchai Jitpleecheep #3) by John Burdett The Godfather of Kathmandu (Sonchai Jitpleecheep #4) by John Burdett Vulture Peak (Sonchai Jitpleecheep #5) by John Burdett The Bangkok Asset (Sonchai Jitpleecheep #6) by John Burdett

🌷 - Melanie

message 7: by Dana (last edited Apr 23, 2019 09:22AM) (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 527 comments 1) Faithful Place - Donna, Mandy, Christine, Melanie
2) Deadly Decisions
3) The Night Circus - Perri?, Sophie, Vicki, Tonya, Melanie
4) Pride and Prejudice - Perri?, Patricia, Kirsten
5) Witches of East End

Faithful Place (Dublin Murder Squad #3) by Tana French Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3) by Kathy Reichs The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz

message 8: by Donna (last edited Apr 27, 2019 02:32PM) (new)

Donna Schmidt | 63 comments This month's list is from my ambitious March and earlier reads that I didn't get to...

The Fifth To Die (4MK Thriller, #2) by J.D. Barker The Fifth To Die 🌻🌻🌻
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Wife Between Us 🌻🌻
To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1) by Linda Howard To Die For
The Perfect Nanny by Leïla Slimani The Perfect Nanny
Hickory Dickory Dead (Maisie Fezziwig Book 1) by Cheryl Bradshaw Hickory Dickory Dead
Southern Spirits (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #1) by Angie Fox Southern Spirits
The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn The Woman in the Window 🌻🌻
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor The Chalk Man 🌻🌻🌻🌻

message 9: by Sophie (last edited Apr 30, 2019 05:28AM) (new)

Sophie | 1023 comments May already! Where has this year gone?!
It's my birthday next week so I'll hopefully be reading one of the books I've asked for:

1. Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love & Baking Biscuits by Reese Witherspoon Dana, Melanie (2)
2. The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker Melanie (1)
3. After the End by Amy Plum
4. Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
5. There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Vicki (1)
6. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
7. The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware - Mandy, Patricia, Perri, Kirsten, Christine, Tonya (6)
8. The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston

Whiskey in a Teacup What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love & Baking Biscuits by Reese Witherspoon The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins, #1) by P.L. Travers There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1) by Paula Brackston

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 4552 comments Here’s my list of books

The Baby Who Saved Dr Cynical (Mills & Boon Medical) by Connie Cox
Claiming Colleen (Home to Harbor Town, #3) by Beth Kery
Taming the Texan by Jules Bennett
Riverdale The Day Before by Micol Ostow
Liar Liar (Harriet Blue) by James Patterson
She Can Run (She Can... #1) by Melinda Leigh
Helpless by Daniel Palmer
I Invited Her In by Adele Parks
Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson
The Secret Mother by Shalini Boland

message 11: by Vicki Willis (last edited Apr 22, 2019 12:28PM) (new)

message 12: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (tonyasmith) | 864 comments Here is my list for May. Some of my older ones I want to read.
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks Nicholas Sparks

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks Nicholas Sparks

Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule Ann RuleJohn Grisham

Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) by Janet Evanovich Janet Evanovich