2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Jessika's April 2019

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessika (last edited Apr 29, 2019 04:32PM) (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) I did not get much reading done in March, so almost my whole April list is a carry-over.

Currently Reading
Princess  by Jean Sasson Galápagos by Kurt Vonnegut

Plan: Series
All caught up!

Plan: Other
The World Without Us by Alan Weisman

Completed
K is for Killer (Kinsey Millhone, #11) by Sue Grafton So, Anyway... by John Cleese Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t Why That Is And What You Can Do About It by Steven Pressfield Childhood Disrupted How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal by Donna Jackson Nakazawa Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone, #12) by Sue Grafton Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper

Little by Little
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (82%)

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2362 comments If you didn't get it read last month, there is always this month. I find just having a plan helps keep me focused. Good luck this month.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
Hope you have a good month, Jessika!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2238 comments Enjoy

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10629 comments Mod
Well, it was good enough last month! Here’s hoping for progress this month, Jessika. Enjoy💜

message 6: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Thanks, everyone! The 2 books I couldn't quite finish last month should be posted shortly, so that will be a good start!

message 7: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) K is for Killer (Kinsey Millhone, #11) by Sue Grafton

After a little break from the series (a November to March break...) I'm back at it. I enjoyed K is for Killer quite a bit. I'm hoping to read/listen to 4 or 5 in this series this year.

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2236 comments I have to get back to the Grafton books. I think the last one I read was "R", but I'm not even sure.

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I'm carrying over three books from last month myself. The struggle is real. Hopefully this month goes better for both of us, reading-wise.

message 10: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Robin wrote: "I have to get back to the Grafton books. I think the last one I read was "R", but I'm not even sure."

I was discouraged after she passed that her family said they didn't want another author to finish out the series. That put me off for a while.

message 11: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Veronica wrote: "I'm carrying over three books from last month myself. The struggle is real. Hopefully this month goes better for both of us, reading-wise."

I hope so, too! I'm already closing in on finishing two other books, so it is shaping up to be a better month. Best wishes to you!

message 12: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) So, Anyway... by John Cleese

I finished So, Anyway..., which was a decent memoir, but if you're expecting memories from Python days, like I was, you'll be disappointed.

message 13: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t Why That Is And What You Can Do About It by Steven Pressfield

I finished reading Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t: Why That Is And What You Can Do About It, which is self-help(ish) for aspiring writers. Interesting read, but nothing ground breaking.

message 14: by Jessika (last edited Apr 09, 2019 08:22AM) (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Childhood Disrupted How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal by Donna Jackson Nakazawa

I just finished listening to Childhood Disrupted: How Your Biography Becomes Your Biology, and How You Can Heal, which is a very interesting read if you, or someone close to you, has suffered childhood trauma or abuse. It's amazing how that trauma can literally affect your physical health as an adult.

message 15: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond

I finished reading Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City a few days ago, but I guess I forgot to update. Wow, such a powerful look into poverty in our cities. If you are at all interested in social justice, I highly recommend this book.

message 16: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone, #12) by Sue Grafton

I finished another Kinsey Millhone book today, making progress in that series. L is for Lawless has been my favorite one so far! Could barely put it down! I probably won't jump straight into the next one, as I need to get some older books off my TBR.

message 17: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

I finished listening to Clockwork Angel for our group read. I enjoyed it, but I gotta say, I'm kind of over the moody lead male this author seems to like... Will is basically exactly like Jace. Or vice versa, since Clockwork Angel takes place first. I find both of them utterly annoying.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10629 comments Mod
That’s good to know, Jessika! It’s up next for me.

message 19: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Jonetta wrote: "That’s good to know, Jessika! It’s up next for me."

Haha well hopefully we'll see some character growth as the series continues!

message 20: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut

I finished reading Jailbird today. Whenever I finish a Vonnegut book, I have to ask myself, "Did I like it?" I'm not sure. His books are never straight forward and always leave me thinking about the state of the world. But I think I liked it, haha :)

message 21: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper

I listened to My Squirrel Days on a whim, and because it was so short, I blew through it in a couple of days. Entertaining, light read.