Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

Personal Challenges > wreade's 231 System

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wreade1872 (last edited Dec 20, 2019 08:39AM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments So this is my new plan, moving on from my League of Extraordinary Gentlemen list. This isn't technically a challenge but i thought it might be a good idea to track it for a year or so and see how its working. I've also come up with some long term projects and computer game style Achievements to keep things interesting.

Anyway, the one flaw with my last reading list was that when i reread anything i felt guilty about the fact it wasn't new and when i'm reading new stuff i feel annoyed i'm not getting to reread some of the great things i've discivered over the years.
So what i needed was a system to take away any sense of personal respondsibility ;) .

I wanted something simple but flexible, something structured but which would give the illusion of self determination :P, so i came up with this, my 231_System.

I will read 2 OR 3 new books (depending on mood) and then 1 reread.

I like it its pithy :) . Might be a few too many rereads longterm but we'll see. Havn't decided whether graphic novels and short story collections should count, might be a case by case basis for those.

Side Projects:
I've noticed that all my shelves in the 20th century are pretty even except for the 1940's and to a lesser extent the 70's. So i'm going to level them out, starting with the 40's, I've thrown together a 1940s-Maybes list, suggestions welcome.

I've also decided to read One book by each author (about 90 items) from those 130 free ebooks hosted by canadas Merril Collection.
"The Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Speculation and Fantasy is a non-circulating research collection of over 80,000 items of science fiction, fantasy and speculative fiction, as well as magic realism, experimental writing and some materials in 'fringe' areas such as parapsychology, UFOs, Atlantean legends etc."

Possible Achievements 2019:
WAR-OF-WORDS: Read 5 books from the 1940s.
DEJA-VIEW: Complete 4000 pages of Rereads.
SEQUELITIS: Read 10 books in series you've already started.
CENTURY-SWEEP: Read books from 10 different decades.
BICENTENNIAL-SWEEP: Read books from 20 different decades total.
BEAT-THE-TIDE: Complete all Owned unread books.
WASTE-NOT: Clear all short story partially-read-collections.
THE-FIRST-SEX: Read 10 books by female authors.
PAINT-WITH-WORDS: Read 10 graphic novels.
MERRY-MERRIL-MEDLEY: Read 5 books from the Merril Collection.
CLEVER-FELLOW: Read 3 books from the Biography of Manuel.
WORDPLAY: Attempt to defeat 10 gamebooks.
POETRY-SMOETRY: Read 1 new poetry collection.
REAL-FICTION: Read 5 non-fiction books.
DO-LOOK-NOW: Read all 3 Looking books.
THE-SHELF-GROANS: Read the Gormenghast trilogy.
JOURNEYS-END: Complete the Journey to the West.
LONG-WAY-ROUND: Read all 5 Long Earth books.
SPIDER-BABIES: Reread all of Transmetropolitan.
ANDRAPHILE: Complete C.S.Lewis' Space trilogy.
STANDARD-PRACTISE: Read 60 items.
MAKE-IT-COUNT: Read 16,000 pages.
CALLIGRAPHY: Write 40 reviews.
LITERARY-GOLD: Read 5 Five-Star books.
CRUD-COMPOSITIONS: Read 5 One-Star books.

Edit: Added a few more Achievements.

message 2: by Wreade1872 (last edited May 13, 2019 12:56PM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Retroactively setting the achievements to the start of the year i found i'd already completed the CENTURY-SWEEP so i added the BICENTENNIAL-SWEEP, i probably should have gone with a SESQUICENTENNIAL-SWEEP, might be more achievable, but much harder to spell ;) .

Achievement Unlocked CENTURY-SWEEP: Read books from 10 different decades.
[-10s, 1850s, 1870s, 1900s, 1940s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s]
The Aeneid by Virgil , The Man in the Iron Mask (The D'Artagnan Romances, #3.4) by Alexandre Dumas , The City of Dreadful Night by James Thomson , Doctor Omega (Annotated) (Unabridged English Edition) by Arnould Galopin , The Beano & The Dandy (Annuals 2015) by D.C.Thomson & Co Ltd ,
Death of a Citizen (Matt Helm, #1) by Donald Hamilton , The Eye in the Pyramid (Illuminatus, #1) by Robert Shea , Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace , Dining on Stones by Iain Sinclair , The Wild Storm, Vol. 1 by Warren Ellis .

message 3: by MK (new)

MK (wisny) | 2993 comments Sesquicentennial ... I like that word :)

congrats!!

message 4: by Nente (new)

Nente | 774 comments Great Wreade, why have I never thought of applying the achievement logic to my reading?..
Congratulations on those you have already and good luck grabbing more!

message 5: by Wreade1872 (last edited May 13, 2019 12:56PM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked WORDPLAY: Attempt to defeat 10 gamebooks.

The Shamutanti Hills (Fighting Fantasy Sorcery!, #1) by Steve Jackson Kharé - Cityport of Traps (Fighting Fantasy Sorcery!, #2) by Steve Jackson The Seven Serpents (Fighting Fantasy Sorcery!, #3) by Steve Jackson The Crown of Kings (Fighting Fantasy Sorcery!, #4) by Steve Jackson Green Blood by Mark Smith
Star Strider (Fighting Fantasy, #27) by Luke Sharp The Citadel of Chaos (Fighting Fantasy, #2) by Steve Jackson Armies of Death (Fighting Fantasy Reissues 1, #14) by Ian Livingstone Starship Traveller (Fighting Fantasy, Reissues 1, #4) by Steve Jackson Fighting Fantasy The Gates of Death by Charlie Higson
A quick summary of how this went.
Lost my weapon and had to fight a manticore barehanded, vomited myself to death in a sewer, killed by snake, dropped from a height by bird-men, buried alive by a tree (i mean the tree buried me alive, not i was buried alive next to a tree, although the latter is also true ;) ), left tied up and out of time, fell in a pit after murdering some children (those facts weren't related, except maybe karmicly :P, sorry orc babies!), eaten by a hag, crushed by a blackhole and butchered by a gang of thieves (six of them and i was unarmed :( ).

I think as a child it was more difficult to read and therefore felt longer :) . It didn't help that i died super quick in at least 5 of them.
The last one i read is actually pretty new, i guess everything is getting a revival these days. A fun wander down memory lane.

message 6: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked BICENTENNIAL-SWEEP: Read books from 20 different decades total.
[1230s*, 1510s, 1820s, 1840s, 1890s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1950s, 1980s**]
Norse Myths Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki by Kevin Crossley-Holland , The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli , Rip Van Winkle and Other Stories by Washington Irving , Selected Tales by Edgar Allan Poe , The King in Yellow (Illustrated) by Robert W. Chambers ,
The Book of Wonder by Lord Dunsany , The Wind Between the Worlds by Alice Brown , Raggedy Ann in the Deep Deep Woods Classic Edition by Johnny Gruelle , Gormenghast (Gormenghast, #2) by Mervyn Peake , Starship Traveller (Fighting Fantasy, Reissues 1, #4) by Steve Jackson

*A modern book but it seems a pretty straight forward version of the old myths first written down in the 1200s so thats what i'm counting it as.
**I read 9 gamebooks from the 1980's, so if you add them up i think it works as one normal book ;) .

message 7: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments 231 System - Apr-May 2019
System basis, I will read 2 OR 3 new books (depending on mood) and then 1 reread.

I don't generally deem gamebooks, short story collections or graphic novels to be part of my primary reading; which is a pity because thats what most of my time has been spent on in the last couple of months :P .

RR The Martyrdom of Man by William Winwood Reade The Martyrdom of Man by Winwood Reade (1872) [5/5] review
01 Gormenghast (Gormenghast, #2) by Mervyn Peake Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake (1950) [4/5] review
02 The Wind Between the Worlds by Alice Brown Wind between the Worlds by Alice Brown (1920) [3/5] review
RR The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (1531) [4/5]

message 8: by Wreade1872 (last edited Jun 15, 2019 12:48PM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked REAL-FICTION: Read 5 non-fiction books.
The Greek Myths by Robert Graves [3/5]; Planetarium (Welcome to the Museum) by Raman Prinja [4/5]; The Martyrdom of Man by William Winwood Reade review[5/5]; The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli [4/5]; Theatre of the World The Maps That Made History by Thomas Reinertsen Berg review[4/5];

I might be cheating a bit using the Greek Myths as non-fiction, but it does have extensive notes and interpretations so i'm counting it, unlike a book of norse myths i read which i'm counting as only fiction.

message 9: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked PAINT-WITH-WORDS: Read 10 graphic novels.
Injection, Vol. 1 by Warren Ellis review[3/5]; Descender, Vol. 1 Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire review[2/5]; Low, Vol. 1 The Delirium of Hope by Rick Remender review[1/5];
The Wild Storm, Vol. 1 by Warren Ellis [4/5]; The Beano & The Dandy (Annuals 2015) by D.C.Thomson & Co Ltd review[4/5]; Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu review[5/5]; Rumble, Vol. 1 The Color of Darkness by John Arcudi [4/5];
Black Hammer, Vol. 1 Secret Origins by Jeff Lemire review[2/5]; Essential Defenders, Vol. 4 by David Anthony Kraft review[3/5]; Shattershot X-Men by Fabian Nicieza review[2/5];

message 10: by Pink (new)

Pink | 6556 comments Well done, it looks like you’re making good progress with your new challenge.

message 11: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Pink wrote: "Well done, it looks like you’re making good progress with your new challenge."

Thanks pink, yeah its going well. Should complete everything i wanted to get to this year. Except I seriously overestimated my rereads.
But thats fine, and i still hope to get to a reread of The Faerie Queene and House of Leaves this year but we'll see.

message 12: by Wreade1872 (last edited Jun 28, 2019 04:43PM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments After finishing my League of Extraordinary Gentlemen list earlier this year this was by far the largest target left on my to-do list, so really glad to have finished it.
I read a lot of short stories as part of that League list so had accumulated a lot of partially-read collections.
I didn't complete them all however, started with about 30 but while i like to finish what i start i'm not pathological enough to read 400 pages more when i've only finished 1 short story in that collection etc. so i went through the list culling as many as my conscious would let me.
I also shrunk some collections, for example i had the complete Edgar Allan Poe but since i was never going to finish all that i replaced it with a shorter collection that i could complete, same with Irving, Borges and maybe a few others.
Anyway by hook or by crook this one's done now :), partially-read-collections shelf deleted.

Achievement Unlocked WASTE-NOT: Clear all short story partially-read-collections.
The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers review[2/5]; The Garden of Branching Paths by Jorge Luis Borges [2/5]; Dracula's Guest by Bram Stoker review[2/5]; Selected Tales by Edgar Allan Poe [3/5]; One of Cleopatra's Nights and Other Fantastic Romances by Théophile Gautier review[2/5];
The Book of Wonder by Lord Dunsany review[3/5]; The adventures and surprizing deliverances, of James Dubourdieu, and his wife by Ambrose Evans review[2/5]; The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes #3) by Arthur Conan Doyle [3/5]; Rip Van Winkle and Other Stories by Washington Irving [3/5]; The Wolves of God, and Other Fey Stories by Algernon Blackwood [3/5];
The Happy Prince and Other Tales by Oscar Wilde review[2/5]; The Complete Wandering Ghosts by F. Marion Crawford [3/5]; Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by M.R. James [3/5]; Smarra & Trilby by Charles Nodier review[2/5]; Can Such Things Be? by Ambrose Bierce review[3/5];
The Door in the Wall and Other Stories by H.G. Wells review[4/5]; The Room in the Tower and Other Stories by E.F. Benson review[2/5]; Selected Writings of Guy de Maupassant by Guy de Maupassant review[4/5];

message 13: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments 231 System - Jun 2019
01 The Rivet in Grandfather's Neck A Comedy of Limitations by James Branch Cabell The Rivet in Grandfathers Neck by James Branch Cabell (1915) [3/5] review
02 Sirius A Fantasy of Love and Discord by Olaf Stapledon Sirius by Olaf Stapledon (1944) [4/5] review
03 Theatre of the World The Maps That Made History by Thomas Reinertsen Berg Theatre of the World by Thomas Reinertsen Berg (2017) [4/5] review
RR The Unadulterated Cat by Terry Pratchett The Unadulterated Cat by Pratchett & Jolliffe (1989) [3/5] review
01 Kallocain by Karin Boye KALLOCAIN by Karin Boye (1940) [3/5] review

message 14: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments I quite like having written reviews, however the actual writing part requires some effort by my lazy self, so a little extra motivation is good.
I also set this to 40 and usually read around 60 items a year so it still leaves me some wiggle room :) .

Achievement Unlocked CALLIGRAPHY: Write 40 reviews.
Death of a citizen by Donald Hamilton [5/5] review;
Injection, Vol.1 [3/5] review;
Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars [2/5] review;
City of Dreadful Night [5/5] review;
Low, Vol. 1: The Delirium of Hope [1/5] review;
The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas [3/5] review;
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace [5/5] review;
The Eye in the Pyramid by Robert Shea [4/5] review;
The Aeneid by Virgil [3/5] review;
Beano & Dandy, the comics that Won the War [4/5] review;
Dining on Stones by a Iain Sinclair [2/5] review;
Doctor Omega by Arnould Galopin [2/5] review;
Daughters of Earth [4/5] review;
The King in Yellow [2/5] review;
Draculas Guest [2/5] review;
The Martyrdom of Man [5/5] review;
Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening [5/5] review;
One of Cleopatra's Nights: and Other Fantastic Romances [2/5] review;
Book of Wonder [3/5] review;
Gormenghast [4/5] review;
Fighting Fantasy: The Gates of Death [2/5] review;
Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki [4/5] review;
Raggedy Ann in the Deep Deep Woods [1/5] review;
Wind between the Worlds [3/5] review;
Old Man in New World [3/5] review;
The Happy Prince and Other Tales [2/5] review;
Black Hammer, Vol. 1: Secret Origins [3/5] review;
The Rivet in Grandfathers Neck [3/5] review;
The Unadulterated Cat [3/5] review;
Can Such Things Be? [3/5] review;
Smarra & Trilby [2/5] review;
The Door in the Wall and Other Stories [4/5] review;
Essential Defenders, Vol. 4 [3/5] review;
Theatre of the World: The Maps That Made History [4/5] review;
Sirius [4/5] review;
Shattershot: X-Men [2/5] review;
The Room in the Tower and Other Stories [2/5] review;
Selected Writings of Guy de Maupassant [4/5] review;
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street [5/5] review;
Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L.Travers [4/5] review

message 15: by Wreade1872 (last edited Jul 18, 2019 12:44PM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked STANDARD-PRACTISE: Read 60 items.

I know i could use goodreads own counter but i hate having that thing sitting there staring at me.
Anyway not going to list everything so a few highlights of the year so far, not necessarily the best stuff but things of interest:

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace , Daughters of Earth by Judith Merril , Rumble, Vol. 1 The Color of Darkness by John Arcudi , Selected Writings of Guy de Maupassant by Guy de Maupassant , The Rivet in Grandfather's Neck A Comedy of Limitations by James Branch Cabell , Dining on Stones by Iain Sinclair , also the early vampire tale La Morte Amoureuse (aka Clarimonde) by Théophile Gautier.

message 16: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked WAR-OF-WORDS: : Read 5 books from the 1940s.
The Beano & The Dandy (Annuals 2015) by D.C.Thomson & Co Ltd review[4/5]; The Garden of Branching Paths by Jorge Luis Borges [3/5]; Sirius A Fantasy of Love and Discord by Olaf Stapledon review[4/5];
Kallocain by Karin Boye review[3/5]; Perelandra (The Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis review[2/5].

message 17: by Wreade1872 (last edited Nov 08, 2019 11:52AM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments 231 System Jul-Aug 2019
02 Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins, #2) by P.L. Travers Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L.Travers (1935) [4/5] review
03 Differently Morphous by Yahtzee Croshaw Differently Morphous by Yahtzee Croshaw (2019) [4/5] review
RR The Blazing World by Margaret Cavendish The Blazing World by Margaret Cavendish (1666) [3/5] review
01 The Secret Power by Marie Corelli The Secret Power by Marie Corelli (1921) [1/5] review
02 Perelandra (The Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis Perelandra by C.S.Lewis (1943) [2/5] review

message 18: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn | 685 comments I need to come up with a similar system - maybe 311: 3 classics, 1 nonfiction, 1 new book (21st century). I'll have to think about it for next year.

message 19: by Wreade1872 (last edited Sep 29, 2019 06:54AM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Marilyn wrote: "I need to come up with a similar system - maybe 311: 3 classics, 1 nonfiction, 1 new book (21st century). I'll have to think about it for next year."

Yeah its working for me quite well as the backbone of my reading, augmented by the achievements, speaking of which (bonus Achievement Unlocked Segway :P).

Achievement Unlocked MAKE-IT-COUNT: Read 16,000 pages.

message 20: by Wreade1872 (last edited Nov 05, 2019 11:50AM) (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked SEQUELITIS: Read 10 books in series you've already started.
Gormenghast (Gormenghast Trilogy, #2) by Mervyn Peake , Raggedy Ann in the Deep Deep Woods Classic Edition by Johnny Gruelle , The Rivet in Grandfather's Neck A Comedy of Limitations by James Branch Cabell , Essential Defenders, Vol. 4 by David Anthony Kraft , Shattershot X-Men by Fabian Nicieza ,
Grace Randolph's Supurbia Vol. 2 by Grace Randolph , Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins #2) by P.L. Travers , The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 4 The Tempest by Alan Moore , Perelandra (The Space Trilogy, #2) by C.S. Lewis , White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland .

message 21: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked DEJA-VIEW: Complete 4000 pages of Rereads.
The Blazing World by Margaret Cavendish The City of Dreadful Night by James Thomson The Martyrdom of Man by William Winwood Reade The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli The Unadulterated Cat by Terry Pratchett Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1 Back on the Street by Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2 Lust for Life by Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3 Year of the Bastard by Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4 The New Scum by Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5 Lonely City by Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6 Gouge Away by Warren Ellis Nemo Heart of Ice by Alan Moore Nemo The Roses of Berlin by Alan Moore Nemo River of Ghosts by Alan Moore The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 4 The Tempest by Alan Moore Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7 Spider's Thrash by Warren Ellis Mysta of the Moon by Ross Gallun Transmetropolitan, Vol. 8 Dirge by Warren Ellis Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too by Jomny Sun The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9 The Cure by Warren Ellis

message 22: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments My latest read gives me a double achievement

Achievement Unlocked THE-FIRST-SEX: Read 10 books by female authors.
Daughters of Earth by Judith Merril review[4/5]; Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu review[5/5]; The Wind Between the Worlds by Alice Brown [3/5]; Grace Randolph's Supurbia Vol. 2 by Grace Randolph review[4/5]; Kallocain by Karin Boye review[3/5]; Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins, #2) by P.L. Travers review[4/5]; The Blazing World by Margaret Cavendish review[3/5]; The Secret Power by Marie Corelli [1/5]; White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland review[4/5]; Something Wrong by E. Nesbit [3/5];

Achievement Unlocked MERRY-MERRIL-MEDLEY: Read 5 books from the Merril Collection.
The King in Yellow (Illustrated) by Robert W. Chambers review[2/5]; The Wind Between the Worlds by Alice Brown review[3/5]; Sirius A Fantasy of Love and Discord by Olaf Stapledon review[4/5]; The Secret Power by Marie Corelli review[1/5]; Something Wrong by E. Nesbit review[3/5];

message 23: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked SPIDER-BABIES: Reread all of Transmetropolitan.
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1 Back on the Street by Warren Ellis [5/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2 Lust for Life by Warren Ellis [5/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3 Year of the Bastard by Warren Ellis [4/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4 The New Scum by Warren Ellis [4/5],
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5 Lonely City by Warren Ellis [4/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6 Gouge Away by Warren Ellis [4/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7 Spider's Thrash by Warren Ellis [3/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 8 Dirge by Warren Ellis [2/5],
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9 The Cure by Warren Ellis [3/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 0 Tales of Human Waste by Warren Ellis [4/5], Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10 One More Time by Warren Ellis [4/5].

message 24: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments 231 System Sep-Nov 2019
RR The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser (1590) [3/5] review
01 Atta by Jarett Kobek ATTA by Jarett Kobek (2011) [4/5] review
02 Garry Halliday and the Disappearing Diamonds by Justin Blake Garry Halliday and the Disappearing Diamonds by John Griffith Bowen & Jeremy Bullmore (1960) [3/5] review
03 The Wind In the Snottygobble Tree by Jack Trevor Story The Wind In the Snottygobble Tree by Jack Trevor Story (1971) [1/5] review
RR Mysta of the Moon by Ross Gallun Mysta of the Moon by Ross Gallun (1949) [3/5]
01 White Trash Zombie Apocalypse (White Trash Zombie, #3) by Diana Rowland White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana Rowland (2013) [4/5] review
02 Something Wrong by E. Nesbit Something Wrong by E.Nesbit (1886) [3/5] review
RR Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too by Jomny Sun Everyone's a Aliebn When Ur a Aliebn Too by Jomny Sun (2017) [5/5]
01 The Certain Hour by James Branch Cabell The Certain Hour by James Branch Cabell (1916) [5/5] review

message 25: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments Achievement Unlocked THE-SHELF-GROANS: Complete the Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake.
Titus Groan (Gormenghast, #1) by Mervyn Peake [4/5] review Gormenghast (Gormenghast Trilogy, #2) by Mervyn Peake [4/5] review Titus Alone (Gormenghast, #3) by Mervyn Peake [4/5] review.

message 26: by Wreade1872 (new)

Wreade1872 | 763 comments 231 System Dec 2019
02 The Discovery of the Austral Continent by a Flying Man by Rétif de la Bretonne Discovery of the Austral Continent by a Flying Man by Restif de la Bretonne [3/5] review
03 Titus Alone (Gormenghast, #3) by Mervyn Peake Titus Alone by Mervyn Peake [4/5] review
RR On the Pleasure of Hating by William Hazlitt On the Pleasure of Hating ] by William Hazlitt [4/5]