Great African Reads discussion

Archived | French Noms 2019 > Nov-Dec 2019 | Nominations Central Africa in French

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
Here you can nominate books that were first published in French by authors from Central Africa (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Republic of the Congo). Try to keep nominations to one per person - and you're welcome to second someone else's nomination.

In order to allow a maximum of people to join, easy reads are preferred! As well as books that are easily accessible.

Nominations will be closing in the first week of October.

Authors! Please note : Self-nomination is not allowed - but if you are an author and would like to promote your book, please feel free to do so in this folder. Thank you for your understanding!

message 2: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
We should start nominating here too. Any suggestions?

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valroos) | 299 comments I am going to go down a different route this time and suggest a crime novel/thriller by Gabonese author Janis Otsiemi: Le chasseur de lucioles. I know not everyone might be into that genre but I thought it will be nice to mix our readings up a bit.

message 4: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
Interesting nomination Valerie!
I'd like to propose Les Cigognes sont immortelles, latest book by Alain Mabanckou.

message 5: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
The poll has been created: you can vote here.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 284 comments I like both I have to say! have voted! thanks Wim and Valerie