Great African Reads discussion

Archived | French Noms 2019 > Sep-Oct 2019 | Nominations Western Africa in French

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wim, French Readings (last edited Mar 30, 2019 09:37AM) (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
Here you can nominate books that were first published in French by authors from Western Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal & Togo). Try to keep nominations to one per person - and you're welcome to second someone else's nomination.

In order to allow a maximum of people to join, easy reads are preferred! As well as books that are easily accessible.

Nominations will be closing in the first week of August.

Authors! Please note : Self-nomination is not allowed - but if you are an author and would like to promote your book, please feel free to do so in this folder. Thank you for your understanding!

message 2: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
I nominate De purs hommes by Senegalese author Mohamed Mbougar Sarr. Just found this book at the new African literature bookshop "Pépite Blues" in Brussels.

message 3: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valroos) | 299 comments I would like to nominate Cola Cola Jazz by Kangni Alem (Togo)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 284 comments I second Valerie's nomination! always wanted to read a book by an author from Togo

message 5: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
About to make the poll for this Sep/Oct read in French, I see we only have two nominations.
What shall we do? Read both? Vote among these two? Or should we allow for some more nominations, until next Monday morning?

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valroos) | 299 comments I think we can extend the nomination process until next Monday.

message 7: by Orgeluse (new)

Orgeluse | 418 comments Just for the fun of it: I'd like to nominate Loin de mon père by Véronique Tadjo and would like to second Wim's nomination.

message 8: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
Thank you Orgeluse, for your nomination!
As suggested, we'll close nominations on Monday morning.

message 9: by Wim, French Readings (new)

Wim | 800 comments Mod
I just created the poll: you canvote until August 14.