The Challenge Factory discussion

2019 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > April/May Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited May 12, 2019 02:23AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5601 comments Mod
Buddy Read

April/May Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 April 2019 - 31 May 2019

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the April/May Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I plan on reading The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers in April. I own the book so I have a flexible start.

Anyone interested? It's a novel about time travel.
The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 30, 2019 10:21PM) (new)

I am going to be reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card for the first time between April 1-2! It's a science fiction classic, and a very easy read.

Would anyone like to join in?

message 4: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1134 comments Would anyone like to read this with me?

Black Leopard, Red Wolf (The Dark Star Trilogy, #1) by Marlon James

message 5: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Rachel wrote: "I plan on reading The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers in April. I own the book so I have a flexible start.

[bookcover:The ..."

I'd like to join you if you haven't gotten started on it yet!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Denise wrote: "Rachel wrote: "I plan on reading The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers in April. I own the book so I have a flexible start.

..."

I did yesterday! but I barely got started lol, do you wanna join me?

message 7: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Sure thing! (Sorry, was away all day yesterday and only just saw your reply...) I'll set us up a thread. :)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Denise wrote: "Sure thing! (Sorry, was away all day yesterday and only just saw your reply...) I'll set us up a thread. :)"

No worries at all, I was away all day too yesterday! Thanks for setting up the thread!