PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [General] > Japan in Bloom Mini Challenge (Apr-May)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 27, 2019 09:23AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments 🌸🌸🌸🌸 Japan in Bloom Mini Challenge - Apr-May🌸🌸🌸🌸

Choose any number of blooms to strive for in your reading this month. Starts April 1st, ends when you're done!

🌸 In Bloom at Hanami Parties
Hanami can be translated "flower viewing". It's the custom in Japan of having parties under sakura trees when they bloom in early spring.
Read a book that includes any celebration, festival, ceremony, holiday, party, wedding.

🌸 In Bloom with colorful koinobori
Landscapes across Japan are decorated with koinobori (carp streamers) from April to early May, in honor of children for a good future and in the hope that they will grow up healthy and strong.
Read a children's book

🌸 In Bloom with beautiful Geishas
Miyako Odori is a A Geisha performance in Kyoto that has been held in April each year since 1873. The show takes place in the historic Kaburenjo Theater and includes a tea ceremony demonstration before the show.
Read a book with a beautiful or colorful cover

🌸 In Bloom with glowing lanterns
Inuyama Festival features massive antique floats that are paraded through the narrow streets of town. In the evenings the floats are adorned with 365 Japanese lanterns to stunning effect.
Read a book that is illuminating, enlightening, makes you feel happy, or re-read a favorite book this month.

Use the thread below for discussion, tracking etc...

message 2: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments 😍 I can't forget about this! 😍

message 3: by Syndi Siahaan (new)

Syndi Siahaan | 122 comments I'm in

message 4: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 11, 2019 08:52PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments My tracking:

🌸 In Bloom at Hanami Parties
Read a book that includes any celebration, festival, ceremony, holiday, party, wedding.
Whiskey in a Teacup: What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love & Baking Biscuits (food & drink, entertaining, parties)

🌸 In Bloom with colorful koinobori
Read a children's book
📖 Carbonel: The King of the Cats

🌸 In Bloom with beautiful Geishas
Read a book with a beautiful or colorful cover
The Poet X

🌸 In Bloom with glowing lanterns
Read a book that is illuminating, enlightening, makes you feel happy, or re-read a favorite book this month.
Brief Answers to the Big Questions

Whiskey in a Teacup What Growing Up in the South Taught Me About Life, Love & Baking Biscuits by Reese Witherspoon The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo Brief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking

message 5: by Jazzy (last edited May 31, 2019 11:11AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments 🌸🌸🌸🌸 JAPAN IN BLOOM Mini Challenge - April 2019 🌸🌸🌸🌸

4/4

✅🌸 In Bloom at Hanami Parties 🌸
Read a book that includes a celebration, festival, ceremony, holiday, party, or wedding.
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

✅🌸 In Bloom with Colourful Koinobori 🌸
Read a children's book
Thomasina - Paul Gallico 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

✅🌸 In Bloom with Beautiful Geishas 🌸
Read a book with a beautiful or colourful cover
Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson - Emily Dickinson 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

✅🌸 In Bloom with Glowing Lanterns 🌸
Read a book that is illuminating, enlightening, makes you feel happy, or re-read a favourite book.
Heidi - Johanna Spyri 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens Thomasina by Paul Gallico Selected Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson Heidi by Johanna Spyri

message 6: by Tiina (last edited Apr 27, 2019 06:47AM) (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Looks like I've got to read faster if I want to finish this in April!
My tracking:

🌸 In Bloom at Hanami Parties 🌸
Read a book that includes a celebration, festival, ceremony, holiday, party, or wedding.
Mõistus ja tunded

🌸 In Bloom with Colourful Koinobori 🌸
Read a children's book
Väikevend ja Karlsson katuselt

🌸 In Bloom with Beautiful Geishas 🌸
Read a book with a beautiful or colourful cover
Deep in the Forest: One Hundred Estonian Fairy Tales About the Forest and its People

🌸 In Bloom with Glowing Lanterns 🌸
Read a book that is illuminating, enlightening, makes you feel happy, or re-read a favourite book.
Kolm sammu sinuni

Mõistus ja tunded (Aegumatud armastuslood, #7) by Jane Austen Väikevend ja Karlsson katuselt by Astrid Lindgren Deep in the Forest One Hundred Estonian Fairy Tales About the Forest and its People by Risto Järv Kolm sammu sinuni by Rachael Lippincott