Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Free Trial for Beta/Proofreader and Query Help

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (last edited Mar 30, 2019 11:26AM) (new)

Mia | 4 comments Hi there! My name is Mia, and I'm an experienced writer. I've worked for three different writing companies for the past five years (and have been promoted in two out of the three!). Writing and reading are my passions, and I've been writing novels since I was 11 years old—I actually sent my first query to an agent a few days after I turned 12. Thankfully I've learned a LOT about the writing/querying/publishing process since then. And about the virtues of patience, haha :)

I offer several different types of critiques/feedback: everything from general impressions and bigger-picture feedback (plot, pacing, character development, etc) to line edits to grammar and spelling corrections. I will leave comments through the tracking feature in Word or Google Docs and work with you to personalize your feedback based on YOUR needs and desires. My goal is never to erase your specific voice and story, but rather to help you enhance it.

I also offer help with writing queries/synopses. If you want to be traditionally published, your query is absolutely CRUCIAL to the process because it's how agents assess whether they want to request a full or partial manuscript. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm also happy to offer services walking you through the often-confusing world of traditional publishing. Writing a query can be more challenging than expected, and I'm would be glad to help you craft a great query that will make a positive first impression on agents.

Because this is my first time offering paid services, I am offering a FREE critique of your first five pages or a free critique of your query if you leave a review/testimonial of my services on this page after. I hope you find my feedback helpful whether or not you go ahead with purchasing any of my services —but if you do, I'll give you a discount for sticking with me and being some of my first customers. My rates rationally increase the more detailed the feedback is/the more rounds of query critiques we do, but I think you'll find them quite reasonable. I accept payment through PayPal and Venmo.

My only disclaimer is that I won't read erotica, but other than that, I will read all genres (though I am especially experienced in YA, realistic fiction, and literary fiction). You can contact me either through this page, Goodreads DM, or by email at writingandreading1234@gmail.com. I hope to work with you soon!

message 2: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Sevov | 81 comments Hi Mia,
Glad to have you here. I have a 98K YA Fantasy and Sciece Fiction novel that doesn't why away from the dark realities of life. It is the story of war, vengeance and family drama. I would like you to comment on world buildimg, characters and their development, grammar, plot and readibility. Interested?

message 3: by Mia (new)

Mia | 4 comments Stefan wrote: "Hi Mia,
Glad to have you here. I have a 98K YA Fantasy and Sciece Fiction novel that doesn't why away from the dark realities of life. It is the story of war, vengeance and family drama. I would li..."

Hi Stefan! I am interested—I'll DM you!

message 4: by Josh (new)

Josh Torres | 21 comments Mia helped me with my query. Despite it only being 200something words, the number of detailed comments she gave was plenty. She dissected every sentence and offered suggestions as well as insight into why certain parts of the query won't work. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to get a query in tip-top condition.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Batston (bandi) | 13 comments Mia read my five pages and made a load of helpful comments. She was thorough, missed out nothing; her comments are well thought-through. I wish I could have got her to do the entire text, but unfortunately, I can't afford a paid beta reader at this point in my writing career (struggling).

Give her a try. It's worth it, even for 5 pages.