We Read Stuff discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month Nominations > May 2019 Book Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) We will be reading fantasy in May! Be sure to get your nominations in before the 15th of April.

Please, double check we have not already read the book you are nominating. You can see all of our past books on the group shelf.

A Few Reminders About Nominations

- Each member may nominate one book AND may also second one book that has already been nominated.

-If you want to only nominate or only second a book without nominating anything that is fine.

- If we get more than 10 nominations then the 10 books with the most seconds will go to the poll.

- There are no minimum page counts for a book to be nominated.

- Books must be first in a series or a stand alone unless the group has already read the book in the series that came before the one being nominated.

- Nominations will close the afternoon of April 15th

*If you have any other questions about nominations or how they work please see this post

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian (setaian) Does that include Urban Fantasy or just the more traditional airbrushed covers fantasy?

So if I can nominate UF I'll go with Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie.

Released in 2018 and it's pretty good fun. A tough h and a lot of snarky banter.

message 4: by Jamie (last edited Mar 30, 2019 06:02AM) (new)

Jamie Zaccaria I nominate Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor.

Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor

When a massive object crashes into the ocean off the coast of Lagos, Nigeria’s most populous and legendary city, three people wandering along Bar Beach (Adaora, the marine biologist- Anthony, the rapper famous throughout Africa- Agu, the troubled soldier) find themselves running a race against time to save the country they love and the world itself… from itself.

message 5: by Katrisa (new)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Ian wrote: "Does that include Urban Fantasy or just the more traditional airbrushed covers fantasy?

So if I can nominate UF I'll go with Three Mages and a Margarita by Annette Marie.

Release..."

Urban Fantasy and other fantasy subgenres are totally fine :)

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Abderrezzaq wrote: "I nominate It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover."

Abderrezzaq the nominees for this month need to be of the fantasy genre, did you have something else you wanted to nominate?

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Got everyone to this point

message 9: by D (new)

D Dyer | 66 comments I’ll second the hundred thousand kingdoms and nominate Hounded Written by Kevin Hearne it’s a really fun start to a series and one I’ve been meaning to re-read. Plus, there’s an adorable talking dog and I am totally a sucker for such things.

message 10: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie (kirstilou) | 15 comments I'd like to second Three Mages & a Margarita. It sounds fun :)

message 11: by Katrisa (new)

Katrisa | 207 comments Mod
Our May reads will be Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor
and The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (Inheritance, #1) by N.K. Jemisin .
Thanks for your votes! Happy reading!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.