What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy Novel about teenage girls who get transported into a book called "Queen of Twilight". [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments I've been trying to find this book but everything I try just comes up with the Twilight series.
The book involves two teenage girls, one popular one bookish, who get transported into the second girl's favorite book, Queen of Twilight.
It's got a fair amount of humor and uses a lot of fantasy tropes on purpose. It has elves and a wizard and some battle scenes.
There's two types of elves, one that are modeled after like Keebler Elves and they bake cookies and make shoes and stuff. The other are more modeled after Lord of the Rings, they're tall and gorgeous and good archers.
If I remember correctly, it's cover was purple and the author's last name was pretty long.
I read it around 2009 I would say, but my guess is it was written before Twilight was popular, since she probably wouldn't have called the book within her book "Queen of Twilight" if it was prime twilight craze while she was writing. But it wasn't crazy old, I think one of the girls had a cell phone or something. Early 2000's is probably when it was written.

Thanks for any and all guesses.

message 2: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 85 comments I think I found it! Is it “The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey” by Lisa Papademetriou?

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2 comments Jessica wrote: "The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey is this it?"

Tris wrote: "I think I found it! Is it “The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey” by Lisa Papademetriou?"

Yes!!!!
That's it, Thank you both so much!!!

message 5: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Laura wrote: "Jessica wrote: "The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey is this it?"

Tris wrote: "I think I found it! Is it “The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey” by Lisa Papade..."

Glad to help!

message 6: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 85 comments I’m glad I was able to help!