AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

American Princess: A Novel of First Daughter Alice Roosevelt
This topic is about American Princess
American Princess Giveaway!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Thornton (stephaniethornton) | 21 comments It's GIVEAWAY time!

I'm giving away a signed copy of American Princess and all you have to do is comment on this post or the American Historical Novels group on Facebook about why you'd like to read about Alice Roosevelt!

One lucky winner will be chosen Sunday, March 31st. (US only--sorry!)

And remember, if you don't win, you can still buy American Princess from your favorite bookseller!

Amazon: https://tinyurl.com/ydevar5f
Barnes & Noble: https://tinyurl.com/y9cvvc6e
Book Depository: https://tinyurl.com/y9484ss2

message 2: by Suanne (new) - added it

Suanne (goodreadscomeuser_suanne) | 8 comments I want to read about Alice because she was such a character, far ahead of her time.

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 83 comments I find it extremely interesting to read about President’s families. They have to put on such a front for the people, and you find out all this stuff was going on with family members and no one knew at the time. I’ve loved reading about the Kennedy’s and Lincoln’s, I’d love the opportunity to read about the Roosevelt’s. I always remember my grandmother talking about the Roosevelt’s.

message 4: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea Stoeckel (andreastoeckel) No one said being president was easy.It must be terribly hard to grow up in the White House. On my bedroom wall I have a lovely lithograph of a rainbow over the Badlands in South Dakota which was where I had my first parish in 1989. I’m old enough at 62 to remember Miss Alice and even at her age she loved the notoriety she brought with her, maybe because she was kind of ignored as a child with a grieving father.

I also remember singing Alice Blue Gown as a recital piece when I was very young. I loved that idea, that it was a color named for an actual person!

message 5: by Bonnye Reed (new)

Bonnye Reed (brf1948) | 11 comments I want to read American Princess because Alice was a woman before her time. She showed us how to gain independence, how to fit into a world that worships men, how to set her own course.
Stephanie wrote: "It's GIVEAWAY time!

I'm giving away a signed copy of American Princess and all you have to do is comment on this post or the American Historical Novels group on Facebook about why you'd like to r..."

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 12 comments I am so glad you wrote this book and would love to read it!

message 7: by Jenni (new)

Jenni | 9 comments Alice Roosevelt seems like a fascinating women!

Ilene Harris (gahish) | 18 comments I would like to read it.

message 9: by Dyana (new) - added it

Dyana | 189 comments Awesome!!

message 10: by Deyanne (new)

Deyanne | 3 comments I am fascinated with American history and I know little to nothing about Alice Roosevelt. I genuinely would like to know more.

message 11: by Jimette (new) - added it

Jimette Ross (jimetteross) | 3 comments I bet this story has some secrets! Who doesn't love presidential daughter's secrets? Thanks for chance!

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 12 comments I only read and review historical novels and mysteries....Alice is a person I know nothing about although she lived in an era I have spent so much time studying....I would love a chance to learn about her!!!

message 13: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie | 3 comments Stephanie wrote: "It's GIVEAWAY time!

I'm giving away a signed copy of American Princess and all you have to do is comment on this post or the American Historical Novels group on Facebook about why you'd like to r..."

Wow! I have been trying to get an e-galley of this book for sometime now to read and review. For some reason, the publisher will not approve my request on NetGalley or Edelweiss even with my proven reviewer stats.

message 14: by Smbergin (new)

Smbergin | 6 comments I would love to read about Alice Roosevelt, because the only thing I "know" of her is that she was controversial and unconventional .... i.e., my kind of protagonist!

message 15: by Jane (new)

Jane (sweetbabyjane) I think I already posted on FB but would love to read this book because I don't know anything about her.

message 16: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie | 3 comments Smbergin wrote: "I would love to read about Alice Roosevelt, because the only thing I "know" of her is that she was controversial and unconventional .... i.e., my kind of protagonist!"

I'm with you! Would love to read about her.

message 17: by Carole (new)

Carole LaRue (carolelarue) | 2 comments I would love to read this book....have read many about the Roosevelts and they all have given me a great respect for this awesome family!