Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan (new)

Stefan Sevov | 81 comments Hi Vanessa, lovely to have you here because your service is exactly what I need. I have a 98K YA Fantasy and Science Fiction if you are interested. It is a story of war, vengeance and family drama that doesn't shy away from the dark realities of life. My email is ssevov17@yahoo.com if you want to discuss further.
Best wishes!

message 2: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 64 comments Hi Venessa! Do you do beta readings of individual chapters? Because I was looking for someone to beta read the first three chapters of my first novel. It's a Coming of Age, Romance, Fiction story that takes place in modern day Japan. I can send you more details about my first novel in a Goodreads P.M if you're interested.

message 3: by Libby (new)

Libby Iriks (libby_m_iriks) Hi Vanessa!

I think we're a perfect match! I have exactly the kind of story you're looking for, and you offer exactly the kind of feedback I'm needing.

I have a sensual contemporary adult romance set in a small Aussie town. It's about a fiery mechanic and her determination to achieve her dream of owning her own garage, AND to protect her heart from the new guy in town—a sexy Italian businessman. It's an enemies to lovers, reformed player story. I would definitely describe it as a fun and light read.

I'm currently working my way through the second draft, but the first three chapters are ready to go and I'm hoping for feedback on these by mid-April as I'll be entering them in a competition. By then, I should have the rest of the draft complete.

If you're not keen on doing just the opening chapters now, I'd still love for you to read the full MS when it's ready.

Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Fitzgerald (jdfitzgerald) | 9 comments Vanessa wrote: "I'm in the mood for a fun, quirky story. Whether it's YA or an adult contemporary, I'm looking for something funny and light.

I can give you specific feedback on characters, plot point, my overall..."

Hi Vanessa,
I was wondering if you can check out the first 10 chapters of the second book of my novel series Manhattan Girls. It's sort of a cross between Sweet Valley High, Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants, and Gossip Girl. The first book should already be available online now.
Thanks,
J.D. Fitzgerald

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Kahn | 6 comments Hi Van,

Not sure if this is something you'd be interested in, but thought I'd take a chance as I love me some constructive criticism! (:

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA novel, Time and Tide (58K), which features Louisa May Alcott, Henry David Thoreau, and Nathaniel Hawthorne as young adults having adventures in 1800s Concord, Massachusetts. It's part historical fiction, part time-travel adventure.

Let me know if you're interested! You can reply here, message me, or email. Thanks.

Erin
erin_kahn(at)aol.com

message 6: by Rob (new)

Rob Palmer | 2 comments Erin wrote: "Hi Van,

Not sure if this is something you'd be interested in, but thought I'd take a chance as I love me some constructive criticism! (:

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA novel, Time and Tid..."

Hey I'm not Van but wow, I love that title. I want to read this but I've got another book in the queue first. I'll get back to you.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin Kahn | 6 comments Awesome!!! Feel free to message or email me when you're ready.

Erin

message 8: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Perez | 3 comments Are you still free? I have a 40k word YA/middle grades lgbt romance/coming of age set in the 90s.

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie McKoy (mariemckoy) | 5 comments Hi, would love to have you take a look at my YA coming-of-age about rising above the haters and faking it until you make it. It’s 93K words and set in the mid-1990s, with plenty of fun pop culture references and a healthy dose of teen angst and budding romance. PM me if you want to know more. Thanks!