What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

That Girl Lucy Moon
This topic is about That Girl Lucy Moon
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle Grade: Girl recites petition, wears green and yellow hat. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia McIvers (sylviamcivers) Sylvia McIvers

Wed, Jan 16, 3:27 PM

to Discussion
Hello, oh well-read members of the list!

I am trying to remember the title/author of a middle-grade book.

The heroine always wore a green&yellow hat to school, to remember the oppressed workers of somewhere-or-other. She started each class with a short sentence that highlighted their plight.

Classmates: she's so weird.

She used a radio (walkie talkie?) to communicate with friends.

She started a petition not to put a mall? apartment building? on the hill which the students used for sledding.

At one point she was punished with detention, namely working in an old house. She wasn't supposed to chat with friends. To cover up the squawk of the radio, she flushed the toilet. The noisy toilet alerted the proctor? teacher? who confiscated her radio.

She was depressed and skipped school/was too sick for school. Many classmates started wearing green&yellow hats, from flowered Easter confections to baseball caps, and started class with a quick petition to remember various things.

... that's all I remember. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I suspect it was written in 2009, I seem to remember reading it around the same time as "Operation Yes"
(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...)

Thanks for the help,

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4117 comments That Girl Lucy Moon looks likely?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32052 comments Mod
Sylvia, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

Please read these tips for posting a book request -- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia McIvers (sylviamcivers) thanks

message 6: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia McIvers (sylviamcivers) That Girl Lucy Moon

YES THAT'S IT!

Thank you so much, my nieces and nephews are now the right age for this and I just could NOT remember any useful information for finding it.