Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > Heroes Are Born Virgins Too

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6569 comments Mod
Why are some heroes written as Mr. Untouchable Sex, as if he wasn't born a virgin and a female wasn't the one to break his virginity? Yes, I am very vocal about not caring about sex scenes in a book, but that doesn't mean I haven't read books, where it was obvious that the hero was to be looked upon as being the super expert on sex. He could teach the heroine so many things, even if she isn't a virgin. Really? As I have stated before in another thread, romance books to me is not a fantasy. I like realism in stories. No wonder, so many heroines think that the hero is too big and that he will not fit. Let the hero be real. Let the heroine not be silly.

message 2: by Kay (last edited Mar 29, 2019 06:14PM) (new)

Kay | 22 comments Arch wrote: “Let the heroine not be silly”

I hate when the heroine is described like she has a brain and a backbone but then you start reading and realize that she has been reduced to a silly twit who loses her mind at the site of the hero. Good looks and sex appeal does not trump betrayal, stop writing as if sex is the cure all.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6569 comments Mod
The heroine needs to be strong.

message 4: by Carolin (new)

Carolin | 95 comments Anybody read any book/story, where the hero is the virgin/inexperienced?
I myself can only recall one Harlequin or Mills&Boon romance novel I read a very long time ago, and I remember it because the hero was somewhat younger the heroine and a virgin (and that they had some action in an elevator...lol!). They were both mature adults though, and business people, don't remember the reason behind his virginity, just it was an interesting and different hero/book.

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 122 comments Carolin wrote: "Anybody read any book/story, where the hero is the virgin/inexperienced?
I myself can only recall one Harlequin or Mills&Boon romance novel I read a very long time ago, and I remember it because t..."

Hi Carolin, it's one of my favs too although I haven't read many of them. There' loads of lists for virgin hero tropes...https://www.goodreads.com/search?page... I'm sure there's a ton of crossover but there are lots to choose from!

message 6: by Carolin (new)

Carolin | 95 comments kittykat wrote: "Carolin wrote: "Anybody read any book/story, where the hero is the virgin/inexperienced?
I myself can only recall one Harlequin or Mills&Boon romance novel I read a very long time ago, and I remem..."

Oh, do you know the title or the author of that book?

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 122 comments Carolin wrote: "Oh, do you know the title or the author of that book? "

Sorry, what I meant was it's one of my favorite tropes too, I haven't read any M&B or HQN books for years.

I've never tagged any books I've read with male virgins/inexp. and this is making me think that perhaps I should, as it is a trope I like too.