Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

General Discussions > Need help remembering comic series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clint (new)

Clint | 254 comments Hey all. I’m looking to my fellow comic book reading types. Around 2010 to 2012 (ish), there was a comic book series. Sword & Sorcery genre. It was about a Conan type king. He was undead and exiled.

Not much to go on, sorry. I read the first couple of issues and I’m trying to remember the name of it so I can buy the series digitally and read it.

message 2: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2113 comments Mod
Slaine sounds good

message 3: by Clint (new)

message 4: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

Ooh... cool

message 5: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

Alright... now I went ahead and bought some of each
Valen the Outcast Vol. 1: Abomination and Slaine: The Horned God - Part One

Valen the Outcast Vol. 1 Abomination by Michael Alan Nelson Slaine The Horned God - Part One (Slaine #4) by Pat Mills

message 6: by John (new)

John Hocking | 14 comments Valen the Outcast has to be one of the most under-rated, all but unnoticed, Sword and Sorcery heroes in any medium.

Genuinely enjoyable stuff I enthused about here...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...

message 7: by S.E., Gray Mouser (new)

John, cool. I backed Tales of the Magicians Skull, but forgot/missed your review of Valen. Thanks for sharing that.

Btw. I’ve been prodding Perilous Worlds re: a release date for Living Plague and Emerald Lotus reprint. Anxious for those.

message 8: by Clint (new)

Clint | 254 comments I read the first 3 or 4 issues of Valen when it was released. Life happened and I had to give up collecting comics at the time, so was not able to read the whole series. I’m glad to see it is collected and available electronically. Slaine is a comic I’ve been interested in reading for some time. Thanks for the reminder of it.