Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
This topic is about Blood of Empire
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Blood of Empire [Dec 3, 2019]

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
Blood of Empire - Brian McClellan
Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3) by Brian McClellan
December 3, 2019.

Amanda Yes!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I still need to read Sins Of Empire 🙄

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I still need to read Sins Of Empire 🙄"

plenty of time

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Oh crap!! I just saw the date of this one 🤣🙄

message 7: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I still need to read Sins Of Empire 🙄"

Right there with you Melissa! I'm up for getting a buddy read going for the first two books over the coming months in anticipation of this.

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
In.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Seán wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I still need to read Sins Of Empire 🙄"

Right there with you Melissa! I'm up for getting a buddy read going for the first two books over the coming months in anti..."

That’s a good idea!! 😃

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments I will reread Wrath if Empire at least, so I will join you guys if it'll be in November.

message 11: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments so in. Spent 2018 reading all the books and short stories - miss these characters :)

message 12: by Ceki (new) - added it

Ceki (ceki91) | 30 comments I'm in :)

message 13: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments Somewhat annoying, the audible release of this book just got delayed until March. Prose it is :)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Apparently I did not have the time to reread Wrath of Empire :(

Timelord Iain | 16602 comments There are 2 threads for December 3rd... this one seems more popular... I finally read Wrath of Empire yesterday... 20 months late for the BR last year... I clearly was in a Fantasy slump, because this was great this time around (only read 10% last time)... probably be a few days late on this, but finding out this was on the horizon last week is what spurred me to catch up... can’t wait to see how this all ends / plays out...

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "There are 2 threads for December 3rd... this one seems more popular... I finally read Wrath of Empire yesterday... 20 months late for the BR last year... I clearly was in a Fantasy slump, because t..."

yep, the other one was created later than this one. I will try to skim Wrath of Empire today.

message 17: by Rob (last edited Dec 02, 2019 08:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments I'm giving the wiki's/reddit a quick go over to remind myself of some specifics, most of the major points are still in my head though I think (view spoiler)

Slick | 93 comments I thought this was knocked back to a March release?

Timelord Iain | 16602 comments Slick wrote: "I thought this was knocked back to a March release?"

Dang you!!!... Looks like the ebook/print edition are slated for tomorrow, but the audio says March like you said... not sure if that's a discrepancy, or just another case of audio delay... seems to be happening more and more...

message 20: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments Slick wrote: "I thought this was knocked back to a March release?"

Just the audiobook. book still comes out tomorrow or in 13 hours :)

Timelord Iain | 16602 comments Little more research, and the narrator is recovering from Chemo, so it makes sense... audio continuity is important...

As long as we're not going back to the days where publishers delayed audio releases to make ebook/print book money...

message 22: by Rob (last edited Dec 02, 2019 09:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments Surprised my book downloaded before 3 AM. Just read the prologue and am wishing I did a re-read though it is slowly coming back to me especially after chapter 1. Looks like we're picking up a month or so after the events of the last book.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments I am still skimming here :D

I might start tonite but only for a few chapters. We'll see how sleepy I'll be. Usually new releases like this will keep me awake till almost dawn.

Timelord Iain | 16602 comments Rob wrote: "Surprised my book downloaded before 3 AM. Just read the prologue and am wishing I did a re-read though it is slowly coming back to me especially after chapter 1. Looks like we're picking up a month..."

Makes sense... the 2nd book ended with Ben Stykes making plans to steal a fleet and invade the Dyonize empire... and from the blurb, this book picks up with the Mad Lancers arriving...

message 25: by Ceki (new) - added it

Ceki (ceki91) | 30 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Little more research, and the narrator is recovering from Chemo"

He is sick?? :( I didn't know this...

message 26: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Rob wrote: "Surprised my book downloaded before 3 AM. Just read the prologue and am wishing I did a re-read though it is slowly coming back to me especially after chapter 1. Looks like we're pickin..."

Quickly realizing that a recap isn't all that important as they're immediately sending every single principal character on a specific adventure/mission so it is all about the now, not the past.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Yeah, the very specific and separate storyline made me a bit impatient - I moved forward to half of Vlora's chapters already.

In her first one
(view spoiler)

Now I am continuing the rest, moving back again. I enjoyed Michel's POV - I have grown to like him more.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Chapter 30
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Silvana (last edited Dec 05, 2019 04:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Chapter 35

Brian just answered my question about Talunlica (view spoiler) It's pretty cool :)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1785 comments Finished. I am a bit disappointed with the ending.

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (nefariasbredd) | 1913 comments Had to finish my re-read of Skyward and jumping back into this (and listening to Starsightstarsight on audio), this morning. (just in the first Ben Styke chapter!)