Unexpected Readathon Time discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons > Readathon #3: March 30-31

Comments Showing 1-50 of 119 (119 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 262 comments Mod
I wasn't planning on scheduling another readathon so soon, but I was thinking about how much I need to catch up on current reads before the OWLs start on Monday, and I figured it was perfect timing since I know some of you need to finish up some reads, too! This readathon starts at 12:00AM (your time zone) on Saturday, March 30th and ends at 11:59PM on Sunday, March 31st .

Since this is our first 2-day readathon, there's only one prompt: finish a current read! Doesn't matter if you're 5% or 95% in, just try to finish something on your currently-reading shelf. 😊

As always, participation and following the prompt(s) is totally optional.

One last thing: because I'm impatient and want to get some serious reading done on Friday, too, you can start this readathon on the 29th if you want to! I didn't want to make it part of the official readathon dates since it's already the 29th for a lot of you as I'm making this post (it's 11:53PM on the 28th here), but if you want to log your pages read, hours read, etc. for Friday, please feel free to do so! I know I will be!

Have fun! ♥♥♥

message 2: by destiny ♡⚔♡ (last edited Mar 29, 2019 11:28PM) (new)

I goofed in the message and said Saturday, March 29th, but I think y'all get what I meant. 😂

I want to finish all of my current reads and read 2 new ones, too:

- The Takeover Effect
- You Must Not Miss (in progress)
- The Beast's Heart (in progress)
- Sorcery of Thorns (in progress)
- Wicked Saints (in progress)

———

The Takeover Effect (The Singh Family, #1) by Nisha Sharma You Must Not Miss by Katrina Leno The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) by Emily A. Duncan
———

Friday:
405pg: The Takeover Effect (365), Wicked Saints (40)

Saturday:

Sunday:

message 3: by Sofi (new)

Sofi | 1 comments I’m so excited! This is gonna be fun. I definitely think I’m gonna start Friday. I have three current reads - King of Scars, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and A Curse So Dark and Lonely - and I’m really loving all of them so far. I’m so happy there’s a readathon happening.

message 4: by Lucien (last edited Mar 28, 2019 09:08PM) (new)

Lucien Welsh (lucieninthestars) | 7 comments I'll definitely be talking part in this one! I'm hoping to finish The Luminous Dead and get as far as I can in Pet Sematary
---------
The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling Pet Sematary by Stephen King

message 5: by Caylynn (last edited Mar 31, 2019 07:48PM) (new)

Caylynn | 10 comments I'm counting the 29th in my Readathon since I won't be able to read AT ALL on Saturday (14 hour work shifts yaaaaaay), but here's my expected TBR!

Finish a Current Read Prompt
-Crown of Feathers (starting pg. 82)

Read
-City of Ghosts
-Laybrinth Lost
-Crown's Game
---------------------------

Total Pages/Day
Friday, March 29th: 214pgs
Saturday, March 30th: 475pgs
Sunday, March 31st: 195pgs

Updates
3/30, 8:45pm- Finished Crown of Feathers! Amazing book!
3/30, 9:51pm- Working on City of Ghosts. Halfway through, since it's an easy MG read
3/30, 10:33pm- Finished City of Ghosts, now on to Labyrinth Lost.
3/31, 9:47pm- Got halfway through Labyrinth Lost. My mom and sisters wanted to meet up with me in the cities so I spent less time reading than I would have liked.

message 6: by Erin (last edited Apr 02, 2019 03:02PM) (new)

Erin  | 8 comments 3/29: The Girls in the Picture by Melanie Benjamin 35pages, The Godfather (Mario Puzo's Mafia) by Mario Puzo 106pages
Total:141pages

3/30: Nightingales The Extraordinary Upbringing and Curious Life of Miss Florence Nightingale by Gillian Gill 113pages, The Godfather (Mario Puzo's Mafia) by Mario Puzo 126pages
Total:242pages

3/31: Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris 52pages, All-American Murder The Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez, the Superstar Whose Life Ended on Murderers' Row by James Patterson 61pages
Total:113pages

Pages Read:496pages
Books Finished: Nightingales The Extraordinary Upbringing and Curious Life of Miss Florence Nightingale by Gillian Gill

message 7: by Sammie (new)

Sammie (srbetler) | 6 comments Definitely starting this on Friday! Was just saying I was hoping to log some good reading time tomorrow. Or today, I guess, since it's after midnight ...

I'll be finishing:

Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman

Will also be trying to squeeze in:

The Night Before Krampus by Peter Johnson Some Small Magic by Billy Coffey

Sofi wrote: "I’m so excited! This is gonna be fun. I definitely think I’m gonna start Friday. I have three current reads - King of Scars, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and A Curse So Dark and Lonely - and..."

Yaaaay! This is such a good reading list :D

Lucien wrote: "I'll definitely be talking part in this one! I'm hoping to finish The Luminous Dead and get as far as I can in Pet Sematary
---------
[bookcover:The Luminous Dead|36..."

Awww yiss! The Luminous Dead sounds SO GOOD. Are you liking it?

Caylynn wrote: "I'm counting the 29th in my Readathon since I won't be able to read AT ALL on Saturday (14 hour work shifts yaaaaaay), but here's my expected TBR!

Finish a Current Read Prompt
-Crown of Feathers

..."

Boooo for the Saturday shift but YAY for joining on Friday!

Sammie wrote: "Definitely starting this on Friday! Was just saying I was hoping to log some good reading time tomorrow. Or today, I guess, since it's after midnight ...

I'll be finishing:

[bookcover:Challenger ..."

Yassss! Haha I'm starting "today" right now, too, since it's after MN 😂

message 12: by Keri (last edited Mar 31, 2019 09:56PM) (new)

Keri | 1 comments Oooh, this is literally perfect timing! I will definitely be starting Friday because I have a lot of pages to read between my 2 current reads.

TBR/Current Reads:
The Witchwood Crown (The Last King of Osten Ard, #1) by Tad Williams Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) by Emily A. Duncan

Progress:
March 29: Wicked Saints (4%-35% = ~125 pages)
March 30: Wicked Saints (35%-86% = ~204 pages)
March 31: Wicked Saints (86-100% = ~55 pages), The Witchwood Crown (pg. 461-470)

Books Finished:
Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy, #1) by Emily A. Duncan

Well, I got one out of the two, so I guess this was semi-successful for me?

message 13: by {Laurel} (last edited Mar 29, 2019 05:16PM) (new)

{Laurel} (goodreadscomlaurel) | 5 comments Yay I'm super excited! Don't know what I'm going to read yet, I have to many books I started and haven't finished...

Finished...
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood 366 pages

Jessica (Spooky KidLit & We Who Walk Here, Walk Alone) (spookykidlit) | 8 comments Woohoo! I need to finish Out of Salem. I have a million others that I want to read, but right now let's focus on finishing that one. ;)

message 15: by rachel ☾ (last edited Mar 28, 2019 09:35PM) (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 28 comments this is a lifesaver, destiny! i'm desperate to work my way through my current reads before the OWLs start too

i'm going to be trying to finish (as much as possible of)

Pacifica by Kristen Simmons Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

message 16: by rachel ☾ (new)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 28 comments @destiny i hope you're loving sorcery of thorns!! i read an enchantment of ravens this month and loved it so, so much

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1 comments TBR: The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin The Test by Sylvain Neuvel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

message 18: by Figgy (last edited Mar 29, 2019 02:52AM) (new)

Figgy (figgyoconnell) | 4 comments Starting on the 29th, and retroactively including time spent reading today. :P

Continuing The Migration . Started around page 205 after midnight and spent a couple hours reading while soaking in the tub and then read in bed until I fell asleep. Currently at 356, going to finish the remaining 33 pages now.

Then I'll be moving on to continuing one of the below:
Too Much Is Not Enough
Fusion
A Velocity of Being: Letters to A Young Reader
Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers

Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

message 19: by Kelly Brigid ♡ (new)

Kelly Brigid ♡ (anotherbookinthewall) | 4 comments I definitely want to work my way through my current reads! I only have a little bit left of Emergency Contact and Sky Without Stars! I'll hopefully get most of this reading done on Friday morning and Saturday night! :)

message 20: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelynreads) I will include Friday as well! I'm not sure how much I'm able to read this weekend..
My current reads:
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon ~ 641 pages in
Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller ~ 13% in

And I would also like to read The Fever King (Feverwake, #1) by Victoria Lee

Have fun everyone!

message 21: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 43 comments I'm in! I'm currently reading
The Orphan Master's Son, Sweet Nothing, Lies, and In a Different Key: The Story of Autism....I hope to finish at least two of these this weekend, especially since I have Let the Right One In waiting for me!

rachel wrote: "@destiny i hope you're loving sorcery of thorns!! i read an enchantment of ravens this month and loved it so, so much"

Sorcery has been so good so far and I am SO glad you loved AEOR!! I just got done rereading it and I loved it just as much the second time around ♥♥

I'm so glad so many of you are excited for the readathon and not mad at me that the timing was so sudden! 😂😂

It's about 3am and I just finished The Takeover Effect! I gave it 4/5 stars. I was 5% into it before midnight, so I read 365 pages! I'm about to write up a review/blog post for tomorrow and then I'm going to bed but I'm hoping to wake up in time to start Wicked Saints before work. 😊

message 24: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2 comments Newbie here (waves). I want to finish 2 books this weekend. Let’s see how I go 😊

message 25: by Laura (thebookcorps) (last edited Mar 30, 2019 08:35PM) (new)

Laura (thebookcorps) | 12 comments I think I'll be joining this!
I'm going to finish my current read All the Inside Howling and going to try to start and finish the third book in the series I'm reading: The Dust Feast in that time too, before #UnsolvedAThon starts!
That's 905 pages, so wish me luck 😅

Friday:
239 pages read of All the Inside Howling

Saturday:
Finished All the Inside Howling - 5 stars
408 pages read of The Dust Feast

Sunday:
Finished: The Dust Feast - 5 stars

Total:
Books: All the Inside Howling (Hollow Folk, #2) by Gregory Ashe The Dust Feast (Hollow Folk, #3) by Gregory Ashe
Pages: 905
🙌🏼

message 26: by Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems (last edited Mar 31, 2019 05:06PM) (new)

Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems (bookishgems) | 20 comments I am so in and I'm definitely starting today!

I want to finish Sawkill Girls today and then I would like to read a graphic novel (or two) and start a new book (or two haha) over the weekend!

Friday: 129 (finished Sawkill Girls)
Saturday: 122 (The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo)
Sunday: 97 (Evelyn Hugo)

Total: 348

Books:
Sawkill Girls
Evelyn Hugo

message 27: by Alex (new)

Alex (greywardenblue) | 9 comments This is actually well-timed for me because there's two books I really want to finish in March for other challenges. Technically, Vellitt Boe is the only one I've started, but they're both marked as current reads on Goodreads, so... :P

The Dream-Quest of Vellitt Boe
Crooked Kingdom

message 28: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (caitisbooked) | 24 comments Hi all! Yay another readathon!

I'm currently reading Vermin, which I've read about 35% and The Survivor, which I've read about 102 pages, which equates to 25%.

I'm going to include today (Friday) as a part of the readathon as I've got a pretty busy Saturday with work and going to a sporting event. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to read during this readathon, but I'm excited to participate again

message 29: by Milou (new)

Milou | 3 comments This is Perfect, as I also have a few books I want to finish up before the OWLs start (although one of them is my read for Charms). I am also going to include today.

Senlin Ascends - 2 hours left
Childhood's End - not started yet
The History of Bees - 44 pages in

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan | 16 comments It's Friday here in my timezone, so I'm definitely starting now - especially as I just picked up a new read today. I have family visiting me on the weekend, so I'm not sure how much reading I'll be able to get done, but I'm hoping to finish Song of the Dead by Sunday night.

message 31: by Figgy (new)

Figgy (figgyoconnell) | 4 comments I've just finished The Migration. I only had 33 pages to go in this sitting, but I read it while at work, in between getting kids fed, ready for bed, clothes folded, and so on.

I was sitting on about 55% at midnight on the 29th, so I read 45% or 170-ish pages today over about 3 hours.

Not sure of my rating yet... probably 4/5?

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie Anna | 2 comments Wow. I am amazed with how you guys can read multiple books at a time. That would be a goal for me. Heh. I am currently ready A Blunt Instrument by Georgette Heyer so I’d like to finish that. 😊 Then challenge myself to read multiple!

message 33: by Jessaca (new)

Jessaca Willis (nerdy4books_jessaca) | 6 comments Hi all! Well, my goal is to finish any one of the million books I’m about 20% of the way through lol

Claymore
Doctor Sleep
Black Wings
The Young Elites

(I will update with links when I get to a computer).

Happy reading everybody!

message 34: by (last edited Mar 31, 2019 04:07PM) (new)

❀ (softshinobukcho) Hi! I'm really busy at this moment, but I'm going to set low goals and try my best with them :)

The Humans by Matt Haig The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Finish The Humans
Read the first story in The Bane Chronicles
Start reading THUG since it's a crime i haven't read it yet

Friday, March 29th:
▪ i've read the first story from tbc.
▪ 27% to 65% of the humans.
Saturday, March 30th:
▪ finished the humans
Sunday, March 31st:
▪ 17% of thug.

message 35: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 14 comments It's 2 hours until Sat the 30th here in Aus so I'll be starting then! Hoping to finish:

The Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector’s Story
Mortal Coil
Scent of Magic

Saturday, March 30th:
Sunday, March 31st:

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (literaryweaponry) | 24 comments I’m going to be trying to finish The Gilded Wolves this weekend. Loving it so far and am about half through.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2019 08:56PM) (new)

MY TBR:
The Hero of Ages 5🌟 3-15 to 3-29
The Alloy of Law 4🌟 3-29 to 3-30
Crenshaw 4🌟3-30
The Way of Kings 3-30 to

Friday
Total Pages Read: 346 The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson (10) The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4) by Brandon Sanderson (336)
Total Time Read: 4 hours and 50 mins
Books Read: 1

Saturday
Total Pages Read: 370 The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4) by Brandon Sanderson (47) Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (245) The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson (78)
Total Time Read: 3 hours and 47 mins
Books Read: 2

Sunday
Total Pages Read: 143 The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Total Time Read: ~4 hours

Readathon Total's
Total Pages Read: 859
Total Time Read: 12 hours and 37 mins
Books Read: 3

message 38: by Fanna (last edited Mar 29, 2019 07:38AM) (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 13 comments I just finished my current read, To Best the Boys, but I still have You'd Be Mine sitting at 19% so that's what I'm going to focus on. I also have some more I want to finish before starting my OWLs on Monday!

The Day That Nothing Happened
Wake up, girl!
The Wicked King
The Nowhere Girls

You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn The Day That Nothing Happened by Sonal Sehgal Wake up, girl! by Niharika Jindal The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed

message 39: by Bri (new)

Bri (spookyreadsbybri) | 10 comments Yay!! I'm so excited I'll be starting today!

TBR:
The Broken Girls (in progress)
The Black God's Drums (due at the library tomorrow so I need to read it!)
The Hunting Party

message 40: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra **The Bibliophagist** | 8 comments I'm hoping to finish

-Path Finder
-Caraval
-Daughter of Shadow and Bone

message 41: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments YESSSSSSS I'll start today!

-Blindsighted (Karin Slaughter)-- finish
-Flowers for Algernon
-Heir of Fire
-Parasite (Mira Grant)

message 42: by Erika (new)

Erika (bookhoarder32) | 15 comments Nice! I need to finish The Damnation Affair and A Curse so Dark and Lonely

message 43: by Erika (new)

Erika (bookhoarder32) | 15 comments Oops.... I need to start A Curse so Dark and Lonely because it's due at the library first.

message 44: by Sarah (last edited Mar 29, 2019 06:57AM) (new)

Sarah Ames-Foley (samesfoley) | 49 comments I have no idea how this will go, since I'm recovering from surgery and want to sleep constantly, but here is my tentative TBR:

CRs to finish:
-Dust
-Circe

To start (and finish?) next:
-Praise Song for the Butterflies

message 45: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs (last edited Apr 01, 2019 06:32AM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 23 comments This is too cool! The readathon at 75 Books starts today through April 7, and the Hooked on Books Readathon is tomorrow, March 30.
I'm reading these which are "currently reading," and 2 are due Monday (1 as release, 1 due at Hidden Gems Books):
Boomtown --258 pp.
Tracing The Trails: A Constant Reader's Reflections on the Work of Stephen King
The Curse--168 pp.
The Sinners--167 pp.
The Haunting of Elmwood Manor-213 pp.
At The Cemetery Gates: Volume 2
In the Shadow of Spindrift HouseAt The Cemetery Gates: Volume 2
In the Shadow of Spindrift House

Also read 283 pp. Of Hellhole: An Anthology of Subterranean Terror (488 pp.)

Also need to read this weekend:
Strong and Courageous by Daniel Gibbs (release April 4, Military SF)
Crisis
Flower Power Trip

Reading Hellhole: An Anthology of Subterranean Terror (488 pp.)

message 46: by Lara (new)

Lara Maynard | 5 comments I’m starting today, Friday with a current read audiobook with the Libby app and earbuds while I go do some volunteer work at my local library this afternoon! #unexpectedreadathon

message 47: by Olga (new)

Olga Zelenova | 41 comments HECKIN YES I'm counting today!! Because tomorrow and Sunday I've got Boy Scout stuff that requires my participation...or at least my vehicle. :(

My goal is to get 400 pages read this weekend, and/or finish at least one of the following:
Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King
The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare

message 48: by Harker (new)

Harker (hermitlibrarian) Works for me! I'm starting today, the 29th, and getting this in-progress audio book out of the way because it's a bit frustrating. Let's get it counted and on to something more interesting!

message 49: by Mac (new)

Mac (spacekabob) | 1 comments Yay, two days off with no plans and now i have this! I am super excited to knock out the book I'm currently reading and maybe do the same for another one glaring at me from the tbr pile on my chair. I'll be starting as soon as I get off work here in a few hours. Happy reading, everyone!

message 50: by ⠀a. ♡ (new)

⠀a. ♡ (drkbloodfntsies) | 12 comments i have to work both days this weekend so i'm gonna set some pretty low goals, haha.

i hope to start tonight, after school and errands.

priority: finish Illuminae and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Heaven,or How I Made Peace with the Paranormal and Stigmatized Zealots and Cynics in the Process
hopefully: start and make decent progress on one of the new books i just got.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.