Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Redemption Point (Crimson Lake, #2)
This topic is about Redemption Point
Group Read - Redemption Point > Group Read - Redemption Point general No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments This topic is for general discussion of the second Candice Fox book, Redemption Point. We were impressed by the first book (see discussion here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

Are you planning on reading the book? No spoilers on this topic please.

Barbara K | 414 comments I plan on reading this - at the moment I'm listening my way through Crimson Lake since I haven't read it previously. It's great - I hope Redemption Point is as good.

Russ | 330 comments Ann wrote: "Are you planning on reading the book?..."

Yes, just started!

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3620 comments planning on it. hope to get to it soon

OMalleycat | 1448 comments I’m already reading it! I read Crimson Lake last week to catch up with the group and couldn’t resist the urge to go right into Redemption Point. Gotta find out if Ted’s case will be solved!

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Wow! I see that Geri is way ahead of all of us!

Geri OMalleycat wrote: "Wow! I see that Geri is way ahead of all of us!"

I read book 1 last year. It was one of the few books I gave a 5 star rating. I couldn’t wait for book 2. It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks about this book!

message 8: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments I may start it next! Trying to decide between this book and Cemetery Road

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Ann wrote: "I may start it next! Trying to decide between this book and Cemetery Road"

Read this one first, Ann. It’s much shorter! If you start Cemetery Road first, it may be months before we see you!

message 10: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments True Ms. O'Cat: thirteen hours for Redemption Point versus almost twenty-four hours of audio time for Cemetery Road.
OMalleycat wrote: "Read this one first, Ann. It’s much shorter! If you start Cemetery Road first, it may be months before we see you.."

Barbara K | 414 comments Stayed up late last night finishing Crimson Lake. What a great read! So glad for the choice of Redemption Point as a Group Read because I might not have read Crimson Lake otherwise.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Barbara wrote: "Stayed up late last night finishing Crimson Lake. What a great read! So glad for the choice of Redemption Point as a Group Read because I might not have read Crimson Lake otherwise."

Barbara, I feel exactly the same. So glad for this group that broadens my reading horizons! I’m racing through Redemption Point!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments OMalleycat wrote: "Ann wrote: "I may start it next! Trying to decide between this book and Cemetery Road"

Read this one first, Ann. It’s much shorter! If you start Cemetery Road first, it may be months before we see..."

Boo! I started CR and I see why no one is over there -- everyone is here! ;-)

message 14: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Carol: it was a tough choice between Cemetery Road and Redemption Point; sorry about that! ;)
Now a couple of library due dates are looming. I should start Cemetery Road very soon!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Ann wrote: "Now a couple of library due dates are looming. I should start Cemetery Road very soon!
"

Uh oh. I hope you don't mind, um, extending the due date a bit. You're not going to want to return it unfinished!

Bruce Perrin | 127 comments It looks like several in the group have read this one and moved on. But a copy came in at the library, so I'll be bringing up the rear.

Barbara K | 414 comments Bruce wrote: "It looks like several in the group have read this one and moved on. But a copy came in at the library, so I'll be bringing up the rear."

You won’t regret it!

message 18: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Good to hear you got a copy Bruce!
I’m with Barbara- you have a good book ahead of you. It will be nice to revisit it again.

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Bruce wrote: "It looks like several in the group have read this one and moved on. But a copy came in at the library, so I'll be bringing up the rear."

Bruce, I read with the group but kind of dropped out of the discussion. So I’m going to use your joining to come back to this book!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to pick it up as well. My reading has been on pause as I deal with a broken foot. You'd think that would give me MORE time....

message 21: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Carol: you would think so! We'd love to have you join in! Hope your foot is healing nicely. Do you need a book delivery? ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to pick it up as well. My reading has been on pause as I deal with a broken foot. You'd think that would give me MORE time...."

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to pick it up as well. My reading has been on pause as I deal with a broken foot. You'd think that would give me MORE time...."

Did I miss something? How and when did you break your foot? Did a TBR stack fall on it? Are you able to work?

Hope you’re doing as well as can be expected!

message 23: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14402 comments Ms O’Cat: Lol. That could do it! (Carol’s broken foot) I’ve got a stack or ten that could do that. ;)
OMalleycat wrote: "Did a TBR stack fall on it?.."

message 24: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to pick it up as well. My reading has been on pause as I deal with a broken foot. You'd think that would give me MORE time...."

Gosh, Carol! I hope your foot heals quickly!

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Ann wrote: "Carol: you would think so! We'd love to have you join in! Hope your foot is healing nicely. Do you need a book delivery? ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Hmm. Maybe I'll use this as an opportunity to pick ..."

My foot is healing nicely, thanks. You would think I'd be spending all my time reading but no. Too much work to get caught up on, and TV programs. but I see that the library has Neon Prey waiting for me at long last!

message 26: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited May 10, 2019 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments OMalleycat wrote: "Did I miss something? How and when did you break your foot? Did a TBR stack fall on it? Are you able to work?."

Stupid accident at home. I got my foot caught on a step as I was entering my garage and twisted it as I fell. Nowhere near my precious TBRs, I'm happy to say. This happened about a month ago. It happened over a long weekend so I took an additional day off and then went back on a reduced in-office schedule and working at home on Fridays. The one upside was I couldn't drive so I got to take Ubers to and from work. I could get used to being chauffeured!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crimson Lake (other topics)
Redemption Point (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Candice Fox (other topics)