What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wait Till Helen Comes
This topic is about Wait Till Helen Comes
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Family moves into old house, girl makes friends with a little girl's ghost that used to live there. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 10 comments I read this in maybe 2013-15. The family moves in and the girl, maybe 10 years old, makes friends with a little girl's ghost who used to live in the house. The rest of the family can't see her. The family tries to leave at some point and the ghost tries to kill the girl so that she'll stay with her forever. There was something about the girl's sister too, I think the ghost did something to her. Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Tathariell (new) - added it

Tathariell | 171 comments Not one of the ones I've read, but possibly one by Mary Downing Hahn. Several of her ghost stories have a similar theme.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 10 comments I'll have to read it to be 100% sure, but Wait till Helen Comes sounds exactly right. Thanks!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 28, 2019 06:17PM) (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn - https://books.google.com/books?id=9cs... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Tathariell (new) - added it

Tathariell | 171 comments I have read that one, just didn't fit it to your description! It is one off my favorites. Many of her ghost stories have a similar theme, so if you like it there are more :)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 10 comments It's been awhile, so I didn't describe the details that well, as I'm seeing now. I'll definitely be checking out the other books. Thanks for your help.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Rachel ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 181 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 10 comments I found the book already. It was Wait Till Helen Comes. Far more disturbing than I remembered it being. Thank you for your help!

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Rachel. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wait Till Helen Comes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Downing Hahn (other topics)