Acebook club discussion

April/lMay Book Club Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Mar 28, 2019 03:55PM) (new)

Stephanie Roth | 5 comments Hi.

This is ollycat from the acebook forums. For those who have not been on there for a while I have taken upon myself to try to get this club up and running. I am just going to copy and paste the sister thread of this from acebook.

Post your suggestions for the book here. I picked "Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda" for the April read but I am still not sure if there is enough interest in it so I thought it would be nice to try get another book picked by everyone else for May. However, if I get enough book suggestions here in the next few days I will create a poll with everyone's suggestions and my pick in it to vote. The book with the highest votes will replace my pick for April. If I don't get enough suggestions by March 30th the poll will be delayed until mid/late April and will be used to decide the book for May.

Now I am in the middle of deciding what platform to use. I want to know your opinions so please vote in this poll. Deadline is extended to April 4th. It will help me decide which platform to use.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aXUA...

Sister thread is here.

https://www.ace-book.net/index.php?op...

message 2: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 4 comments I have two suggestions :)

First one is "The Brief History Of The Dead." It sounds like it could be interesting.
Exerpt:
'So what do you think it's all about?'
'You mean Laura?'
'I don't understand how all those people could have known her, Phillip. And I don't understand why she isn't here. Where is she?'
'You're just full of unanswerable questions today, aren't you?' he said. 'Maybe she is here somewhere, but she just hasn't turned up yet. Or maybe she's changed so much that we can't recognise her. Or maybe she's still alive. Maybe there's a different afterlife for everybody, and this is Laura's, and we're all just waiting for her to die so that everything will make sense to us.'

Number two, I found it looking for asexual books, and... I can't explain it, but it seems quirky and fun. Might be worth a shot.

"The Second Mango,"
"It focuses on a demisexual Jewish warrior woman and her dragon as they fly around the world to help a Jewish lesbian queen find a wife. Naturally, they get into magical shenanigans, especially when they discover that an evil sorcerer has turned a temple of women to stone."

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Roth | 5 comments Just a heads up. I am going to begin polling for the next book on April 5th.

That poll will be places where the voters decided where they wanted the book club to be.

message 4: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 4 comments Sounds good. I can't be on acebook anymore because I am 17, so it would be helpful if the results of the poll are posted here :)

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Roth | 5 comments Sorry to hear that. I will be posting the results on both groups so look here on April 5th to see where the bookclub will be.

message 6: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 4 comments Great, thanks! Either way I'm sure it'll be a nice group however it works out

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Roth | 5 comments Do you want to change your vote since you can't use Acebook anymore? Just send me a message if you want to change your vote.