Romance Retreat discussion

Author Q&A > Favorite Bookish Gifts

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Paige | 33 comments What are some of your favorite bookish items to give (or receive) as gifts? My mom always tells me that I'm impossible to shop for, and my birthday is coming up. I found a cute pair of shoes with a book pattern on them, and it got me thinking that there must be tons of stuff out there I can give her as suggestions.

message 2: by Shirl (new)

Shirl (goodreadscomshirlt) | 54 comments My kids just give me gift cards from either Amazon or Barnes and Noble

message 3: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Paige | 33 comments Shirl wrote: "My kids just give me gift cards from either Amazon or Barnes and Noble" Yeah, that's usually what I tell everyone I want, too.

message 4: by Kali (new)

Kali McQuillen (kalimcq) | 7 comments I like to give Book art. I've received some really cute book socks, coffee mugs with book sayings on them.

message 5: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Paige | 33 comments Kali wrote: "I like to give Book art. I've received some really cute book socks, coffee mugs with book sayings on them." Ooohhh...what kind of book art? Where do you find it?

message 6: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Paige | 33 comments Oh no! I think I might've deleted someone's comment. I totally shouldn't be online while in bed because I was trying to redo mine since I accidentally hit reply to the wrong one (so my comment didn't match the quoted one). I'm sorry. :(

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 253 comments Lol, that was me. But, it’s totally okay. I just said that my daughters keep a running list of paperbacks, bookish shirts and candles for my birthday, Mother’s Day, and Christmas. If I get a paperback that is on the list already, I just mark it off. It makes it easier now that they’re not making things at school. They’re 17 and 12, and they’re all about easy!

message 8: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle Paige | 33 comments Jennifer wrote: "Lol, that was me. But, it’s totally okay. I just said that my daughters keep a running list of paperbacks, bookish shirts and candles for my birthday, Mother’s Day, and Christmas. If I get a paperb..." Thanks for being so understanding, Jennifer. And for reposting your comment. I loved the suggestion for bookish shirts. I have a couple but could always use more. And keeping a running list is smart. I should do that, too. :)

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments I love Amazon cards or someone to add to my KU subscription! Who ever was asking about bookish gifts, I saw, maybe on AZ, some socks that have stuff written on the bottom like- 'don't bother me I'm reading' that a person can see when your feet are up, hopefully lounging and reading!!! I would live getting any bookish gift, even if I bought it myself. I bought a keyring that says 'a book is a dream that you hold in your hands'.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jeska7) | 2 comments If you have pierced ears, then I highly recommend Silver Fox Crafts on Etsy. I have bought several book earrings that she creates. She also does custom orders. I have bought a total of 5 book earrings-3 Classics book covers that she has for sell and 2 that I costumed ordered.

message 11: by B. C. Booklover (new)

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Wow, that sounds like a cool present..for me! Thanks for the tip, I love to buy and give unique handcrafted gifts. Etsy is a fun place you can easily get lost in.