Boozy Book Club discussion

Welcome > Hello, My Name Is.....

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 97 comments Mod
Hello and welcome to the group.

My name is Lizz. I am the creator of the group and one of the admin of the group. I have been in a reading slump for awhile now and I hope buddy reads will help me.

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 559 comments My name is Christine Hatfield and i’m 32 years old and I play the piano and I make and sell my bracelets for Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey and I volunteer at the school and I have a medical problem

Welcome to the group Christine to the group. That is awesome that you help out make-a-wish.

message 4: by jingles (new)

jingles Hi! I'm jingles! Thank you so much for the invite, Lizz! I love your groups. There's always something fun going on.

I live in the southern part of the US. I'm mom to a wonderful, but mean, long-haired Dachshund...black and tan. He's a cutie, but pretty much a grumpy old man. Lol.

I'm looking forward to visiting and talking about books with everyone.

Welcome Jingles and I am just restarting this group again. Thank you and I do hope you enjoy it. I have a Dachshund Jack Russell mix and she is a hand full.

Feel free to add anyone you guys think would like this group.

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 559 comments Aww thanks Lizz and I’m a huge fan of Make-A-Wish Foundation of New Jersey

I am thinking about making the fleece blankets to get out to homeless shelters and women shelters this winter.

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) | 1 comments Hi My name is Tina. I am a mom of 2 awesome, but busy kids and the wife of a most of the time awesome husband. Lol. I work in oncology and couldn't imagine doing anything else. My job soon will be transitioning to work from home which scares me and excites me all at the same time.

Thanks for the invite!

You're welcome Tina and thanks for accepting the invite. Feel free to start asking for a buddy read.

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Hello all, I believe I have seen many "faces" here before spread through out the land of GR :) Thank you Lizz for the invite. My name is Carrie. I am a mother of 1 human child, 4 cats and 1 turtle. One top of reading I love to play WoW.

Welcome Carrie glad you could join this group. What are you cats and turtles names?

message 13: by Carrie (last edited Oct 19, 2019 07:58AM) (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Cat's oldest to youngest: \
Jazz aka Mr. Jazz Man Jazzy Wazzy. Jazzersize
Sandy aka Mr Sand Man, Sandy Claws, Turkeylion.
Pips aka Pippy, Pippsicle, Pipperion.
Bean aka Beanie Boo, Mr. Bean, Beaner, Beany Weany

Turtle:
Momo aka Lady Momo (even thought we think she may be a he but we've thought her a her for a long time lol) Momomomomo

Great names and I love how people have more than one name for their pats

Caytie also called Cate, Miss Priss, baby girl, big ears (Her ears are huge), caytie did, caytie girl and many more

Samuel James also called Sam, Sammy Jay, bubba and big head,

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 559 comments Lizz I think that’s a great idea about making the fleece blankets to get out to homeless shelters and women shelters this winter

Christine wrote: "Lizz I think that’s a great idea about making the fleece blankets to get out to homeless shelters and women shelters this winter"

I have a lot of fleece just laying around

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 559 comments Lizz I really think you should make fleece blankets for the homeless shelters and women’s shelters

message 18: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 10 comments Hello and Lizz thanks for the invite. I just now got around to seeing it. My name is Monica, I am 51 years old, divorced. I have 2 adult children, a daughter who is expecting her first child, my first grandchild! And a son who isn't married and does not plan to have any children. He live with his partner/fiance. I used to have a dog Named Samantha, but I unfortunately had to put her down earlier this year. I miss her and would love to have her with me to curl up and read with. She was a beagle/basset mix.

I work full time in a school district special education department as one of the secretaries. I love my job! I also sell Avon on the side and work at games in the school district for extra money.

I really need to get my reading mojo back. I slacked off on my reading this year.

Welcome Monica congrats for the first grandchild and I am sorry for you loss. I had to put one of my dogs down three years ago.

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 559 comments WELCOME MONICA!

message 21: by Monica (new)

Monica (nutz4reading) | 10 comments Thanks Lizz. Sorry for your loss too. It is hard but I just remember all the fun I had with my dog.

Thanks Christine!!

message 22: by Elysse (new)

Elysse (readyforthemorgue) Hi all! I am a recent college grad who is trying to get back into the hobby and fun of reading. I've been missing it for a while!

Welcome Elysse

message 24: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne (rschmread) | 2 comments Tina "IRead2Escape" wrote: "Hi My name is Tina. I am a mom of 2 awesome, but busy kids and the wife of a most of the time awesome husband. Lol. I work in oncology and couldn't imagine doing anything else. My job soon will be ..."
Oncology is a heart-first job. I thank you for your service. That's a wonderfully awe-inspiring profession.

message 25: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne (rschmread) | 2 comments Hi all. Thanks for the invite Lizz. I have been busy studying writing craft. Writing and re-writing my Works In Progresses. It's put a heavy damper on my reading habit. Glad to be here.

Roseanne wrote: "Hi all. Thanks for the invite Lizz. I have been busy studying writing craft. Writing and re-writing my Works In Progresses. It's put a heavy damper on my reading habit. Glad to be here."

Welcome

message 27: by selma (new)

selma Hii I am Selma
I am new to reading as well as reading groups.
I hope I can make friends and discuss books with them here.
Hope you are all well and safe❤️

message 28: by Rohan (new)

Rohan Sadasivuni (amit_rohan) Hey, all. I'm Amit, I'm twenty-five and I'm new to reading. Always thought that reading is a waste of time when I have thousands of movies to choose from. But I've been proven wrong and now, I'm trying to catch up now. Well, better late than never.

message 29: by Kyra (new)

Kyra Fox (kyra_fox) | 1 comments Hi everyone :)
I'm Kyra.
I'm both an author of steamy contemporary romance and an avid reader of it.
Happy to be here <3

Welcome Selma, Amit and Kyra

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stp_reads) Hiya~

I'm Stephanie. Long time reader. Mostly alone. Deciding to try out the different book clubs on here to try to make new bookish friends

Stephanie wrote: "Hiya~

I'm Stephanie. Long time reader. Mostly alone. Deciding to try out the different book clubs on here to try to make new bookish friends"

Welcome Stephanie and bookish friends are great

message 33: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannalauren) | 1 comments Hi I'm Joanna/Jo. I'm mostly into thrillers and romance, as well as some non fiction such as memoirs and self help/development. I'm hoping to get into classics and to broaden my reading too! I'm new to all this but thanks for having me x

Welcome Joanna and I am right there with you about reading classics

message 35: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Barringer (Ravenmount) (ravenmount) | 2 comments HI. My name is Jamie. I read a lot of books, 300+ per year usually, including a lot of crime fiction, fantasy, science fiction, and classics. I'm working on reading all the books on the Guardian 1000 novels list and Boxall 1001 Books lists, and like to have lots of variety in my reading. I also am currently one of the lead admins for the Dewey's readathons. If I could make a financially viable profession out of reading and readathons I would. :)

Jamie wrote: "HI. My name is Jamie. I read a lot of books, 300+ per year usually, including a lot of crime fiction, fantasy, science fiction, and classics. I'm working on reading all the books on the Guardian 10..."

Welcome

and I wish I could read 300+ books

message 37: by Talia (new)

Talia | 3 comments hello my name is Talia. I read fantasy and whatever else looks cool.

my reading goal is 50 books.

I've been reading stuff on my phone for a while - its a lot more accessible - but I prefer physical books.

Welcome