Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Electronic editions need to be merged

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) The electronic editions of my book need to be merged, but I can't do it myself as the edition numbers are the same. Please help. The book was released on the 26th March but the Amazon profile has the incorrect date.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17263 comments What format should 9781543493221 be? It's not a Kindle.

message 3: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) What do you mean? When I put the books online, I didn't have the ASIN: B07PD29RZ4 so I used that number instead. There are only two editions - Paperback and Kindle.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
The ebook is not available from any booksellers other than Amazon?

message 5: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) The eBook should be available everywhere the paperback book is. The book only went live three days ago. When I put the books on Goodreads I didn't have all the information as I'm self-published and some information only becomes available after the book goes live.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
If the ebook will be sold places other than Amazon, then the edition with the ISBN should stay, but I will change the format to ebook, rather than Kindle. (On Goodreads, Kindle editions have ASINs.)

message 7: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) Yes, please change it to eBook because it's already being sold on other platforms.

e.g. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/book...

message 8: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) Any chance of this being corrected?

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Sayde,
it looks like it's listed correctly already.
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Is there anything else you need us to fix?

message 10: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) It's not correct - the "Kindle Edition" and the ebook are the same edition. The date on the "Kindle Edition" is wrong.

message 11: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) Because the date on the Amazon page is wrong and this is what's it's like to be a self-published author.

message 12: by Sayde (last edited Apr 02, 2019 07:03AM) (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) Am I missing something here? Because there are only two editions unless the Kindle edition counts as a whole new edition. Does it? Could you please explain this to me or give me a gun to kill myself because being a self-published author is hell enough without being constantly undermined by Goodreads?

message 13: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Sayde wrote: "...there are only two editions unless the Kindle edition counts as a whole new edition..."

Hi Sayde,
you are correct.
On Goodreads Kindle (with ASIN) and ebook (with ISBN) are considered two different editions.

You would need to raise the publication date issue with Amazon and get them to correct the date.

message 14: by Sayde (new)

Sayde Scarlett (goodreadscomsayde_scarlett) Thank you, I get it now.