Collegedale Public Library discussion

2019 Reading Challenge > April 2019

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited Mar 28, 2019 11:26AM) (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 370 comments Mod
This month, our category is a book recommended by an independent bookstore employee. Remember that we have an independent bookstore in Ooltewah called A Little Bookish. Also, there is an indie bookstore downtown called Star Line Books. This should be good! You may want to go to an independent bookstore website and see what they have listed.

message 2: by Kelly (last edited Apr 08, 2019 10:34AM) (new)

I see several that I am interested in on bookstore websites. I will probably read In Another Time by Jillian Cantor. It involves a bookshop owner! ;) I decided to go with The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides.

message 3: by Brooke Marsh (new)

Brooke Marsh | 37 comments Cool! My daughter Heather’s YA book is at the shop A Little Bookish. And it’s on Kindle. Asylum by H Marsh and K Whitener. (Shameless promotion)

message 4: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Gernhard | 47 comments I am planning on reading The River by Peter Heller. It was on a recent staff recommendation list from Parnassus books in Nashville.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Rebekah wrote: "I am planning on reading The River by Peter Heller. It was on a recent staff recommendation list from Parnassus books in Nashville." That looks like a great choice!

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Brooke Marsh wrote: "Cool! My daughter Heather’s YA book is at the shop A Little Bookish. And it’s on Kindle. Asylum by H Marsh and K Whitener. (Shameless promotion)"Thanks for letting us know, Brooke!

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 229 comments H is for hawk.

message 8: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 229 comments Sara wrote: "H is for hawk."
ugh. barely made it through. maybe because I listened to it and it was read by the author but about half-way through I just started thinking this woman is messed up (which she subsequently realizes) but she never seemed to get better even when you thought she would, she found something else to mope about. if I could, I would make this one do double duty as may's book because the only reason I chose it was the hope the title gave me, even though the summary warned me it probably wouldn't be my cup of tea.

message 9: by Kelly (new)

That's a bummer!