Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Talk Genre > Looking for sub genre specific recommendations

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicky نیکی (new)

Nicky نیکی | 2 comments Hello! I’m new to sci-fi romance and feel a bit overwhelmed as there is so much out there. I’ve looked through GR lists but would like some recommendations from people who’ve read the books. I’m looking for some recommendations on good alien or other type of non-human hero with human heroine books. I read Fury by Laurann Dohner and loved it and am planning on reading the rest of the series. I’ve never read an alien romance, though. I prefer books with emotional depth and an intense love story. Thanks!

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi | 17 comments Here's a list that is pretty good for romances with human women and alien-looking alien heroes.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

message 3: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Mar 30, 2019 11:42PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 36 comments Nicole wrote: "Hello! I’m new to sci-fi romance and feel a bit overwhelmed as there is so much out there. I’ve looked through GR lists but would like some recommendations from people who’ve read the books. I’m lo..."

Here's a handful of the best out of all of the alien-male meets human-female themed novels in SFR. Any of these would be a great place to start, in my opinion. Each of these heroines is feisty and strong and leads her poor mate in a merry dance. They all have great chemistry and romance. A couple of these series are also available with Kindle Unlimited if you have it.

Grim (Tornians, #1) by M.K. Eidem Grim by M.K. Eidem
(Tornians #1)

Dark Planet Warriors by Anna Carven Dark Planet Warriors by Anna Carven
(Dark Planet Warriors #1)

Freedom (Delroi Prophecy, #1) by Loribelle Hunt Freedom by Loribelle Hunt
(Delroi Prophecy #1)

Karac (Kaldar Warriors, #1) by T.J. Yelden Karac by T.J. Yelden
(Kaldar Warriors #1)

River's Run (Lords of Kassis, #1) by S.E. Smith River's Run by S.E. Smith
(Lords of Kassis #1)

I like S.E. Smith quite a bit, so I figured I'd mention 2 of her books from some of her other alien-romance series are available for Free on Amazon right now. The purchase price is $0.00. The titles are Abducting Abby and A Warrior's Heart

You might also like some of the books from the "mars needs women" trope. There are several lists with this plot/theme.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Trying to find a book about alien capture, the human woman is in prison and the government threatened her with her sisters if she doesn’t do the job. Any ideas

message 5: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Louis | 22 comments This is a link to my personal preference shelf of 'loved erotic sci-fi romance'. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 6: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Apr 04, 2019 03:06PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 36 comments Lisa wrote: "Trying to find a book about alien capture, the human woman is in prison and the government threatened her with her sisters if she doesn’t do the job. Any ideas"

Edge of Eon (Eon Warriors, #1) by Anna Hackett

Could you be thinking of Edge of Eon by Anna Hackett? I just read it recently and loved it. The heroine is in prison and her own government threatens her sisters to get her to take a fairly suicidal mission to capture the commander/warlord of an alien race of warriors.

If anyone hasn't read this yet, I totally LOVED this book! There's constant excitement as both the hero AND heroine kick ass and figure out how to extract themselves from some pretty hinky situations. She's feisty and funny and the hero falls hard and fast. But the best thing about this book is that the heroine tames a cool beasty and finds herself a great animal sidekick AND the hero has an alien symbiont that enhances his abilities, which is always one of my favorites as well. This book was a total win for me! 5 stars!

If that's not the right book, maybe try these lists:

Future Prison in Science Fiction Romance
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

Sci-Fi Prison Romance
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...