Mead Community Book Club discussion

Welcome > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by High Plains (new)

High Plains Library District (hpld) | 22 comments Mod
Welcome to the Mead Community Book Club! Let's get to know each other!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you lived in Mead? What types of books do you like to read (i.e. historical fiction, fantasy, romance, etc.)? What are some things that turn you off a book (i.e. horror, sex, violence, language, etc.)? What are some of your favorite authors or books?

message 2: by High Plains (new)

High Plains Library District (hpld) | 22 comments Mod
Hello, my name is Megan and I am your moderator. I am an Outreach Librarian with the High Plains Library District and work in the south county covering Mead, Firestone, Frederick, Erie, and anywhere else I am needed. I also help out with the Mead Early Literacy Hour on Tuesday mornings at the Guardian Angels Catholic Church. You can also find the bookmobile in Mead following the story hour on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month in the church parking lot!

A little bit about myself... I don't live in Mead, but I live in nearby Johnstown. I have lived in Johnstown for 11 years. I am married and have 3 kiddos. I am an avid reader and love most types of books, although I think historical fiction is my favorite. I also love a good nonfiction book! Beartown is one of my favorite books that I have read so far this year. I hope you enjoy it too! We will start discussing it in just a couple of weeks. Please let me know if you need help getting a copy of any of the books we read.
-Megan

message 3: by Adrienne (last edited Apr 01, 2019 11:08AM) (new)

Adrienne Barrett (arnden) | 1 comments Hello,
I am Adrienne. I have lived in Mead for almost 14 years. I have four kids in the local schools. I like to read Fantasy, Historical Fictions and Young Adult books. I do not like really scary books or smut books. My favorite recently read books are A Discovery of Witches series, Throne of Glass series and The Storied Life of AJ Fickry.

PS My copy of Beartown does not arrive until the 10th.